Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2021, 03:16 PM   #21
Trailer Park Supervisor
 
NJKris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 4,126
Mike, they are saying even if you are immunized and it prevents you from getting sick, you can still aid in spreading it. Therefore, you still need to mask up in public or you are a possible vector. At least for now. You can still shed virus from your nasal cavity, which is why I absolutely loathe the middle age men around here who can't cover their noses. There is ALWAYS that one guy in the grocery store I have to keep my violence fantasies in check over.
__________________
2019 Rockwood Geo Pro G19FD w/off road package
2015 Ford F150 XLT Super Cab 4x4 V8
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 03:27 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North of Seattle, WA
Posts: 11,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Mike, they are saying even if you are immunized and it prevents you from getting sick, you can still aid in spreading it. Therefore, you still need to mask up in public or you are a possible vector. At least for now. You can still shed virus from your nasal cavity, which is why I absolutely loathe the middle age men around here who can't cover their noses. There is ALWAYS that one guy in the grocery store I have to keep my violence fantasies in check over.
I've been reading the same but so far the info seems to only cover those with first shots who may have contracted the illness before the vaccine has had time to create immunity. I believe that's why there are two shots spread out over almost a month.


As for that ONE guy (or gal) at the grocery store with the mask below their nose, if it were ONLY ONE I could avoid them. Where I shop there's even a checker that is pretending she's a "stage robber" with only a mini-bandana hanging over her nose and mouth. At least she's behind the plexiglass shield.
__________________
"A wise man can change his mind. A fool never will."

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 05:03 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Kcoulter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Frankfort, IL
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
...which is why I absolutely loathe the middle age men around here who can't cover their noses.
The chin diaper
__________________
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS
2021 Ford F-350 XLT 6.7L Power Stroke
Kcoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:58 AM   #24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 18
Hi, Maine allows a negative covid test in lieu of quarantine. The test must be taken within 72 hours of arrival in Maine. If you can't get a test at home and get to Maine within 72 hours, you can get a test near the Maine border at York Hospital, then quarantine in your self-contained RV until the test result is back. You don't have to quarantine in a private residence, you can do it in an RV, but you cannot leave your campsite and will have to do most of the check-in etc by phone or online, that may vary by campground. Good luck and enjoy your holiday!
__________________
2018 Coachmen Freelander 26RS
Parents, Grandparents, and 3-Dog Parents.
delphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:06 AM   #25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 18
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by retireearly View Post
We cancelled our Maine trip as well. They allow you to test out of the 14 days, but that is impossible. You must produce a negative test that has been done within 72 hours. If you can get tested the results aren't even back to you in that time.
Maine offers rapid tests and pcr tests at the border at York Hospital. We got our noses swabbed and quarantined in the RV for two days because of the problem you cite above. We couldn't even get a test in our home state at that time. You do need an appointment for the test and can get an appt online, --it's really an easy process and Maine is so beautiful.
https://www.yorkhospital.com/new-upd...york-hospital/
__________________
2018 Coachmen Freelander 26RS
Parents, Grandparents, and 3-Dog Parents.
delphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 12:02 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphis View Post
Maine offers rapid tests and pcr tests at the border at York Hospital. We got our noses swabbed and quarantined in the RV for two days because of the problem you cite above. We couldn't even get a test in our home state at that time. You do need an appointment for the test and can get an appt online, --it's really an easy process and Maine is so beautiful.

https://www.yorkhospital.com/new-upd...york-hospital/
Good info. Thanks.
We literally don't have that kind of extra time to give. Can't retire at 40... Or at least, I can't...
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 07:28 AM   #27
JCR
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 75
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgdhp
JCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:47 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: USA
Posts: 149
York Hospital no longer offers this service as of December 31, 2020. There are many free sites in Maine to get tested for free if you have symptoms. Quick
tests appear to be only at Walgreens. It really doesnít apply to travelers who just want a free test to travel in Maine. You must have symptoms.
Dennis878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:56 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
vinmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 1,830
Sadly we decided to postpone Maine for 2021 also. Things are just too up in the air with Maine. Just do not want them closing the MA borders again. I understand them wanting to keep people out. Just a shame because I really do like the state.



We decided to head south to New Jersey instead. They are usually a hot spot for virus so I doubt they would be worried about people from MA visiting.


I agree with all the posts on the vaccine. Still impossible here in MA to score them. Its been horrible. I have been trying to get my 89 year old dad a vaccine but cannot. They keep opening it up to new people who then flood the system, crash the website, and take the appointments. I doubt we will be able to score a vaccine much before June or July. For whatever reason MA just cannot figure it out. They usually do pretty good but this vaccine rollout has them all confused.


Stay safe everyone.


Vin.
__________________

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:02 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Homebrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,179
We have two weeks booked , but canít get anything in the National parks. Everything is booked 5 mins after the site opened.
__________________
XLR Thunderbolt 300X12HP
2014 Ram 3500 DRW
Homebrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 01:14 PM   #31
Trailer Park Supervisor
 
NJKris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 4,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
Sadly we decided to postpone Maine for 2021 also. Things are just too up in the air with Maine. Just do not want them closing the MA borders again. I understand them wanting to keep people out. Just a shame because I really do like the state.



We decided to head south to New Jersey instead. They are usually a hot spot for virus so I doubt they would be worried about people from MA visiting.


I agree with all the posts on the vaccine. Still impossible here in MA to score them. Its been horrible. I have been trying to get my 89 year old dad a vaccine but cannot. They keep opening it up to new people who then flood the system, crash the website, and take the appointments. I doubt we will be able to score a vaccine much before June or July. For whatever reason MA just cannot figure it out. They usually do pretty good but this vaccine rollout has them all confused.


Stay safe everyone.


Vin.
Keep the faith Vin, I was losing my mind trying to get appointments for my parents of same age for months. I finally got them shots several weeks ago in NJ at a vacccine mega site, as well as self and wife since we have some underlying medical risk factors. Still lots of demand compared to supply but is getting better. When I hear about people refusing vax even though they could have got it, I am amazed. The availability here depends on county. My friends all got theirs back in Feb in counties south of us where it's less populated, but in my county population and demand is high, it was very frustrating.
__________________
2019 Rockwood Geo Pro G19FD w/off road package
2015 Ford F150 XLT Super Cab 4x4 V8
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 03:01 PM   #32
waybeck2018
 
waybeck2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Central Alabama
Posts: 625
I have an 89 year old Aunt who just had to visit a sister in law in Florida this January for three months thinking she could get her shots there. I told her she did not know Governor DeSantis, was not rich enough and was not a resident. Of course she knew better. She got back here last week and called me wanting to know when our trip was! Told her as soon as she got both shots! She was not a happy camper to be. Oh well. She will miss the April trip for sure. If her stubbornness declines and she gets the shots she might make the mid-May trip.
__________________
2012 F-250, 6.7 Super Duty Powerstroke; 2019 291 BR Primetime Tracer,
Days camped in 2018-61

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Snow Birds | - »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.