Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2020, 08:38 PM   #1

Maine Quarantine

We have a maine vacation planned for....I think late July. My wife saw an article about Maine requiring a 14 day quarantine (in a private residence ONLY) when entering the state.

First, why not just say no out of staters, if they're gonna limit it to personal residences.
Second, is it true, Maine people? Think it'll be lifted in time for us?
I hear about people traveling all over (full timers, for example) and then see things like this...
aeblank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:52 PM   #2

Call and find out from the source is the best way to get the info you want.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:37 PM   #3

This is from the State of Maine reopening guidelines.
This is stage 3 timeline of July / August
Stage 3 maintains the prohibition on gatherings of more than 50 people and the 14-day quarantine on people entering Maine. All businesses that have been open may remain open. At-risk people should stay home when possible. Employees in legal and professional fields may return to offices, including State employees, as needed.

It may change depending how Covid cases change (up or down)
Also there are now groups of campground and hotel owners trying to take the governor to court over all the restrictions.
It’s a mess
My best guess is maybe by September/ October you might be able to go camping in Maine.

2019 Ford F-250 Super Cab 6.2L Lariat
2016 ML23FB
MT Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:03 PM   #4

We have been planing a two week trip from Michigan to Acadia and back for over a year now. We have been skeptical for a month or so that it would happen. This week we decided to pull the plug and try again next year. We figure that even if the campgrounds are open. so much other stuff will be closed or limited that it will keep us from really being able to see all that we plan to.

We were going to go in July and we figured that a lot of the parts of our trip were either not smart or likely going to be unavailable:
-whale watching trip (more likely to see porpoise that time of year
-trip into Boston
-Some stays in NY State

So instead we are heading a different direction to a place which will still offer us plenty of stuff to do during a lockdown. Maine will still be there next year.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2pfunk View Post
We have been planing a two week trip from Michigan to Acadia and back for over a year now. We have been skeptical for a month or so that it would happen. This week we decided to pull the plug and try again next year. We figure that even if the campgrounds are open. so much other stuff will be closed or limited that it will keep us from really being able to see all that we plan to.

We were going to go in July and we figured that a lot of the parts of our trip were either not smart or likely going to be unavailable:

-whale watching trip (more likely to see porpoise that time of year

-trip into Boston

-Some stays in NY State

So instead we are heading a different direction to a place which will still offer us plenty of stuff to do during a lockdown. Maine will still be there next year.
We went to Acadia last year.
We're going to do "the other stuff" this year (also from Michigan).
Not looking good....

Does the UP have the same 14 day rule?
Old 05-18-2020, 07:25 AM   #6

I don't believe it does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank View Post
We went to Acadia last year.
We're going to do "the other stuff" this year (also from Michigan).
Not looking good....

Does the UP have the same 14 day rule?
Old 06-30-2020, 06:41 PM   #7

Recently canceled our 10 day Maine camping vacation due to the Quarantine. Just no getting around those 14 days. Sure wish I was from NH or VT but Maine has made it very clear they do not want MA residents to visit the state. There is no way I can possibly pack in all the items I need for 10 full days. They will not even let you leave to purchase medicine.

It really makes me sad to miss this. Been going to Maine each 4th of July since I was 8 years old.
Hopefully I can find a place in MA later this summer. Maine is closed.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:55 PM   #8

We cancelled ours too.
Going to Grandma's farm (on a lake) instead. Aaah well.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:31 AM   #9

We cancelled our Maine trip as well. They allow you to test out of the 14 days, but that is impossible. You must produce a negative test that has been done within 72 hours. If you can get tested the results aren't even back to you in that time.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:54 PM   #10

A year has passed, and about the same question. Is Maine gonna be open enough to try THIS August?

On the one hand, vaccines and time.
On the other hand, new strains and records being broken in bad ways.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:03 PM   #11
Trailer Park Supervisor

Can't blame Maine, they have one of the least infected states in the whole country. I wouldn't want dirty outsiders coming in either. I'm just trying not to DIE down here in NJ and hope I can get a mafia vaccine connection, as state/county is nearly impossible to get an appointment. Trying to get appointments for my older than dirt parents, nearest appointment I could get is 100 miles away.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:05 AM   #12

So, let's say you're a trucker delivering daily from out of state, or you live in VT but work in ME, or well, anything similar? Seriously, how can this be enforced unless someone reports you?
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:01 AM   #13
Trailer Park Supervisor

These rules exempt commercial/business stuff. It really can't be enforced easily. I guess they rely on the goodness of people and their collective desire to follow the rules. Most people suck though and can't follow rules.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:37 AM   #14

Maine Quarantine

X2 people that donít follow rules suck
Old 01-25-2021, 10:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Can't blame Maine, they have one of the least infected states in the whole country. I wouldn't want dirty outsiders coming in either. I'm just trying not to DIE down here in NJ and hope I can get a mafia vaccine connection, as state/county is nearly impossible to get an appointment. Trying to get appointments for my older than dirt parents, nearest appointment I could get is 100 miles away.
I've been trying to get an appointment for my vaccine since it arrived in our State.

FINALLY, this morning I scored an appointment for Feb 8. One of two left at the group my Primary Care Dr is part of. Mind you, it's not in my arm yet but at least I have an appointment.

Now might be a good time for a "Covid 19 Passport" that would allow those who have had both shots to come and go in areas that are requiring 14 day quarantines for "outsiders". That alone could help open up the country as so far about a million people a day are being vaccinated.

FWIW, this wouldn't be much different than having to show proof of vaccination (for various diseases) when traveling to many countries. This would just be here in the US for a change.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:05 AM   #16
Trailer Park Supervisor

Since everyone in this country loves tattoos so much, after the 2nd shot you get a a little 'c' in a circle with a slash through it. With special counterfeit proof ink that fluoresces under a UV light. Like that vampire symbol on the Blade movie.

**congrats on getting appt. Mike. Still trying to get my parents theirs at a place less than 100 miles from their home!
Old 01-25-2021, 11:59 AM   #17

Quote:
Since everyone in this country loves tattoos so much, after the 2nd shot you get a a little 'c' in a circle with a slash through it. With special counterfeit proof ink that fluoresces under a UV light. Like that vampire symbol on the Blade movie.

**congrats on getting appt. Mike. Still trying to get my parents theirs at a place less than 100 miles from their home!
For the first Tat' just make it a grid with room for all vaccines plus room for a few more, kind of like our old GI shot records.

Small coded symbols like you said and when you get one, the diagonal slash gets added.

Something tells me that our country will see a whole lot of vaccines necessary as the population gets more and more crowded.

BTW, my appointment is only 22.5 miles away. Hope your parents are as fortunate. Get up early and check all the sites that are offering appointments. Around here they are apparently "releasing" doses to the vaccine sites the night before. Like tickets for a Rock Concert, you almost have to log in the middle of the night after the release time.

2004 Nissan Titan
Old 01-25-2021, 02:25 PM   #18

Quote:

Or a number...
https://images.app.goo.gl/uNzcRvViqDxqtsh5A

I think anti-vaxers are idiots, but if I had to tattoo myself, I'd likely skip it and take my chances.

Though I assume it was in jest...
Old 01-25-2021, 02:48 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Now might be a good time for a "Covid 19 Passport" that would allow those who have had both shots to come and go in areas that are requiring 14 day quarantines for "outsiders". That alone could help open up the country as so far about a million people a day are being vaccinated.
If they can prove that people who've had the Covid19 vaccine cannot transmit the virus, a passport would work.
However, at this time the Covid19 vaccine protects the person who gets the vaccine from having severe symptoms if they get the virus.
It does not protect people around you from getting the virus from you if you get infected.
Old 01-25-2021, 03:02 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
If they can prove that people who've had the Covid19 vaccine cannot transmit the virus, a passport would work.
However, at this time the Covid19 vaccine protects the person who gets the vaccine from having severe symptoms if they get the virus.
It does not protect people around you from getting the virus from you if you get infected.
Not sure I understand. If you get the vaccine and you are immunized, where are you going to get the virus to spread. Your immunity keeps it from surviving in your body.

According to a UK study, if one were to inhale the droplets and expel them in a cough of sneeze, the virus in the droplets would last no more than 3 hours without a host to nourish and protect it and if you've been immunized your body is killing off the virus.

Makes no sense at all if one has had both shots 3-4 weeks apart and the likelihood of the above scenario????? I suppose it would work on paper but I doubt it would in real world.

I remember how back in the early days of HIV/AIDS how the same fears were rampant. Back then it was proved it took an infected person to transmit the disease. If you didn't have it, you couldn't give it.

2004 Nissan Titan

« Snow Birds | - »