Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 01:19 PM   #1
waybeck2018

Mask Mandate for Alabama

This week our Governor instituted a mandatory mask requirement. Exceptions are children under six, while eating or drinking ??? (I guess COVID does not interrupt you meal/drink time). Businesses have various policy concerning those claiming to have health exemptions.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
Old 07-17-2020, 01:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybeck2018 View Post
This week our Governor instituted a mandatory mask requirement. Exceptions are children under six, while eating or drinking ??? (I guess COVID does not interrupt you meal/drink time). Businesses have various policy concerning those claiming to have health exemptions.
We haven't eaten inside a restaurant since February. CA just a few weeks ago stopped inside dining anyway. Tracking data shows a huge amount of transmission is happening inside restaurants so that is good enough for me to stay out of them.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:05 PM   #3

Masks are required everywhere in NV..except inside your home.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Masks are required everywhere in NV..except inside your home.
So I guess when you’re camping, your tent or your RV is considered your home.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:20 PM   #5

Dang it's getting crazy out there . all the research i've seen on masks say they make no difference but i guess it's a placebo effect ! in fact mask research i've seen done around 2015 /2016 shows cloth masks make it easier to catch viruses then not using a mask at all . but who cares about science and research if it makes you feel safe and is mandated really not much of a choice .
Old 07-17-2020, 03:37 PM   #6

It’s not hard to see why folks are shaking their heads and trying to get the straight on what is true and what is not these days. There is hardly any reliable way to be certain.
I wish the response to the virus had stayed with the scientific/ medical community and not the political gyrations that it has.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:00 PM   #7

Personally, I'm following the advice of the medical clinic we use. You can't get in the door without a temp test and a mask. Many of the staff are now wearing masks and clear face shield. They are the professionals in treating and controlling disease and if they think masks help, I'm not qualified to judge them.

If we all wear masks and the disease continues to spread, then the naysayers will be able to say 'I told you so.' If we all wear masks and the disease slows down, it will be a good thing.

Big business has taken control and now is requiring masks in their stores - no matter what state you live in.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:31 PM   #8

When I wear one, I have to remove it every few minutes or I get light headed and dizzy. Always had that problem, which is why I wind up inhaling a lot of dust when sanding and wind up hacking up a lung when sanding my projects. I just stay away from people, of course I come by that naturally being an introvert. I don't care to be around people, even if they are family, just weird that way.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igave View Post
It’s not hard to see why folks are shaking their heads and trying to get the straight on what is true and what is not these days. There is hardly any reliable way to be certain.
I wish the response to the virus had stayed with the scientific/ medical community and not the political gyrations that it has.
Scientific research shows masks do not stop the spread of viruses . especially the cloth ones everyone is using . seems there is a scientist in every opinions pocket that will say what will get them paid
Old 07-17-2020, 05:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
So I guess when you’re camping, your tent or your RV is considered your home.
Correct and I'm not wearing one while driving either. But stores have "guards" at the front door making sure you have it on or you wont be allowed to enter.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
Scientific research shows masks do not stop the spread of viruses . especially the cloth ones everyone is using . seems there is a scientist in every opinions pocket that will say what will get them paid

If masks didn’t work everyone helping the infected would be dead.
I would like to see the research study the shows masks don’t work. Every Research scientist I know wears a mask while working in bio labs.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
If masks didn’t work everyone helping the infected would be dead.
I would like to see the research study the shows masks don’t work. Every Research scientist I know wears a mask while working in bio labs.
Agreed. Funny how all medical people suggest us to use masks and somebody's friend of a friend says to not and everybody believes that person.

A lot of covid deniers. That's why we continue to have problems while countries in Europe and Asia who took it seriously don't.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:10 PM   #13
PhD, Common Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Personally, I'm following the advice of the medical clinic we use. You can't get in the door without a temp test and a mask. Many of the staff are now wearing masks and clear face shield. They are the professionals in treating and controlling disease and if they think masks help, I'm not qualified to judge them.

If we all wear masks and the disease continues to spread, then the naysayers will be able to say 'I told you so.' If we all wear masks and the disease slows down, it will be a good thing.

Big business has taken control and now is requiring masks in their stores - no matter what state you live in.
Each time I went to get tested at the WPMC outdoor testing site, the techs were hanging around with each other—maskless, and not socially distant. They, of course, hazmatted up before sticking the Q-tip up my nose and into my brain.

Do with this information what you will. Just relating a factual observation.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:14 PM   #14
PhD, Common Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhrava View Post
When I wear one, I have to remove it every few minutes or I get light headed and dizzy. Always had that problem, which is why I wind up inhaling a lot of dust when sanding and wind up hacking up a lung when sanding my projects. I just stay away from people, of course I come by that naturally being an introvert. I don't care to be around people, even if they are family, just weird that way.
I reported the negative effects of the mask to my doctor. I now have a letter exempting me from wearing a mask.

Wearing the mask did not stop me from getting COVID. In fact, with my immune system, I was shocked that I got it. I have a strong suspicion that wearing the mask inhibited my body’s ability to shake off the virus by making me rebreath my expelled air.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
I reported the negative effects of the mask to my doctor. I now have a letter exempting me from wearing a mask.

Wearing the mask did not stop me from getting COVID. In fact, with my immune system, I was shocked that I got it. I have a strong suspicion that wearing the mask inhibited my body’s ability to shake off the virus by making me rebreath my expelled air.
Wearing a mask does not prevent you from getting it...it prevents you from spreading it.

That's why I won't go into a place of business if the employees aren't wearing masks. My mask that I am wearing is protecting them from me. The fact that they aren't wearing masks is the risk to me.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:42 PM   #16
PhD, Common Sense

I am not entering this argument. I am sticking to stating facts. Please don’t drag me into it.

Here is another FACT: The letter from my doctor states that I am aware that by not wearing the mask, I am risking getting the disease.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:04 PM   #17
waybeck2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Agreed. Funny how all medical people suggest us to use masks and somebody's friend of a friend says to not and everybody believes that person.

A lot of covid deniers. That's why we continue to have problems while countries in Europe and Asia who took it seriously don't.

How true this is. My clinic always takes temps and all there use masks. Good enough evidence for me. The deniers, on the other hand are contributing to the problem. Just this past week one of these deniers we know tested positive as did his wife and at least one other person he had close contact with.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
Old 07-17-2020, 07:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Wearing a mask does not prevent you from getting it...it prevents you from spreading it.

That's why I won't go into a place of business if the employees aren't wearing masks. My mask that I am wearing is protecting them from me. The fact that they aren't wearing masks is the risk to me.
X2 Exactly............ what the experts are saying. The N95 masks are a different story.

Now here in Virginia the Codes Board has just passed a regulation requiring all employers require their employees to wear masks, provide training and more or hefty fines can be levied by Virginia OSHA (VOSH). The regulation was passed yesterday it is the first in the nation.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Old 07-17-2020, 07:31 PM   #19

I live in a free state......no government state lockdown before or now.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota 1120 View Post
I live in a free state......no government state lockdown before or now.
And Sweden did nothing and now they have proven and shown what not to do during a pandemic.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Closed Thread

Tags
alabama