Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 06:19 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
No 'health professional' will give any suggestion on 'which' type of mask to wear in the county where I live. Why? Because 'masks' that the population is using will not stop a flu virus (and there are many lawyers around here who want to sue them for false and reckless practices if they 'suggest' a certain type of mask)

Went camping at the end of June for ten days and the end of July for ten days. Saw hundreds of people and 'maybe' one out of a hundred had a 'mask'.
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...ronavirus.aspx

I read that there was a 'cure' for flu viruses and respiratory illnesses being used in the United State in the 1840s and before. Yes, it worked and is still in use today. What did your great grand parents do? Do what they did. But sheep do not want to know the science (or history). It is out there for you to find so you can stop being afraid. The processes is very cheap and easy to adhere to, but YOU must find it, as no doctor will proscribe it. Be, Sheep in more.
So what exactly is this cure?
GravelRider is offline   Reply
Old 08-10-2020, 07:27 AM   #22
KSH

We're many months into a 2 week lockdown that's why.Click image for larger version

Name:	tapatalk_1427213171.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	236210
KSH is offline   Reply
Old 08-10-2020, 08:13 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelRider View Post
So what exactly is this cure?
This thread is about 'Mask Mandates (for Louisiana)', and I do not want to and will not turn it into a 'medical thread' and there by it being shut down. I do live in a county/city that has a 'mask mandate'. This is a very highly 'educated' county. One of 'those' 'college town USA's...... People that are 'highly educated' but each in a very narrow purview. (example...: teacher in math, but does not know the working end of a 'tire iron'). Most in the county wear masks, when asked why....? "Because we were told to." Almost none know the science behind a virus. When fully explained about the science of 'catching' a virus (which there are hundreds and hundreds of different viruses in the environment), all understand that 'masks' virtually have no effect of stopping air flow (breathing) and thus stop the virus('s) from being sucked into the lungs. Do 'they' stop wearing masks? No..... "Because we were told to wear them...."

(ie. we are from the Government and we are here to help... now, that is funny...)

(My son put it 'this way'.... if you Fart and have a mask on and you can smell your Fart.... you can catch A virus....)

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply
Old 08-10-2020, 09:45 AM   #24

Quote:
(My son put it 'this way'.... if you Fart and have a mask on and you can smell your Fart.... you can catch A virus....)
Stop listening to your son. The covid virus molecule is 100 to 1000 times larger.

https://www.fempositive.com/how-can-...%20the%20virus.
babock is offline   Reply
Old 08-10-2020, 10:49 AM   #25
KSH

If your comfortable wear one. It's your choice..Click image for larger version

Name:	tapatalk_-1813844216.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	236228
KSH is offline   Reply
Old 08-10-2020, 10:58 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Stop listening to your son. The covid virus molecule is 100 to 1000 times larger.

Not to mention the fact that the droplets that carry the virus through the air are even larger.

Quote:
The coronavirus is not 'airborne' like tuberculous, measles, or smallpox for example, which can circulate in the air. Transmission of COVID-19 occurs primarily through aerosolized respiratory droplets which can spread the virus and can cause infection in others.
https://www.webmd.com/lung/qa/is-the...virus-airborne

Yes, masks don't necessarily stop the virus itself. They DO help stop the airborne droplets that transport the virus through the air.

As for "shaming" those who don't wear masks? Not me. I prefer to just avoid them in public places. Hopefully they won't end up a statistic, either "Infected" or ------------

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply
Old 08-10-2020, 10:59 AM   #27
Brake is on left

What a lot of folks forget is that a mask protects others (if you are actually sick with an airborne disease) from contracting the illness. A respirator protects you from an airborne disease.
Mask- helps protect others from you.
Respirator- protects you from others.
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply
Old 08-10-2020, 11:03 AM   #28

My wife's bro just passed from Covid as well as his aunt . We must assume it will be here until we all work together .
wanderingbob is offline   Reply
Old 08-10-2020, 03:19 PM   #29

Have seen that picture many times. Usually posted by the mask deniers. They pretty much have to put them on non N95 masks. Doesn't mean it doesn't do a very good job of keeping you from transmitting the virus to others. If it reduces transmission by 95% is it worth using? Of course it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSH View Post
If your comfortable wear one. It's your choice..Attachment 236228
Old 08-10-2020, 03:34 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSH View Post
If your comfortable wear one. It's your choice..Attachment 236228
In Illinois we don't get a choice. They are threatening businesses with large fines if they don't force both employees and customers to wear masks.

There is a hotline people can call and tattle on businesses that don't.

I was on vacation last week and we went to 3 different malls. 99% of the people were wearing masks and 100% of the stores we went into required them upon entry.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply
Old 08-10-2020, 03:50 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
In Illinois we don't get a choice. They are threatening businesses with large fines if they don't force both employees and customers to wear masks.

There is a hotline people can call and tattle on businesses that don't.

I was on vacation last week and we went to 3 different malls. 99% of the people were wearing masks and 100% of the stores we went into required them upon entry.

My in-laws have not left their house in months, nor do they need or have to. They have one word for their new lifestyle....: Amazon

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply
Old 08-10-2020, 03:51 PM   #32

At a Cabela's store yesterday...in city "Without" a mandate. Those wearing masks outnumber those without by a 3 to 1 margin. I was part of the 1.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply
Old 08-10-2020, 04:52 PM   #33

And people wonder why both Canada and the EU are not allowing Americans in.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:58 PM   #34

Quote:
My in-laws have not left their house in months, nor do they need or have to. They have one word for their new lifestyle....: Amazon
Based on recent Amazon earnings reports, LOTS of people have adopted the Amazon lifestyle.

Got to admit, I have when I'm not camping.

Old 08-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
And people wonder why both Canada and the EU are not allowing Americans in.
We'll know how bad it is when Mexico stops people at the border who are Southbound from the US.

Old 08-10-2020, 05:13 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
Mask- helps protect others from you.
Correct but not all masks work the same...
https://vancouversun.com/news/covid-...make-bad-masks
Old 08-10-2020, 05:17 PM   #37

What really grosses me out is how bad people are at using masks.

I see people continuously touching the exhale area of the mask to 'adjust it' and then touch things spreading their damp mess on everything.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:35 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigH View Post
What really grosses me out is how bad people are at using masks.

I see people continuously touching the exhale area of the mask to 'adjust it' and then touch things spreading their damp mess on everything.
There is that but how about those who wear masks just over their mouths, leaving the nose totally exposed?

As for the "touching things", this is why hand washing is so important.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:42 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
There is that but how about those who wear masks just over their mouths, leaving the nose totally exposed?

As for the "touching things", this is why hand washing is so important.
What about the people only protecting their chins?
Old 08-11-2020, 08:14 AM   #40

Quote:
This thread is about 'Mask Mandates (for Louisiana)', and I do not want to and will not turn it into a 'medical thread' and there by it being shut down. I do live in a county/city that has a 'mask mandate'. This is a very highly 'educated' county. One of 'those' 'college town USA's...... People that are 'highly educated' but each in a very narrow purview. (example...: teacher in math, but does not know the working end of a 'tire iron'). Most in the county wear masks, when asked why....? "Because we were told to." Almost none know the science behind a virus. When fully explained about the science of 'catching' a virus (which there are hundreds and hundreds of different viruses in the environment), all understand that 'masks' virtually have no effect of stopping air flow (breathing) and thus stop the virus('s) from being sucked into the lungs. Do 'they' stop wearing masks? No..... "Because we were told to wear them...."

(ie. we are from the Government and we are here to help... now, that is funny...)

Word to the wise. The overexuberant use of apostrophes in your posts make it quite difficult to read.

Masks work. There's a reason the rest of the industrialized world is laughing at us and don't want Americans in their countries. Hell, even Mexico doesn't want us jumping the border.

Your fart analogy shows just how little you or your son know about virology or epidemiology. You don't even know what you don't know. Please do yourself and others a favor and listen to the medical experts. Wear a mask. Yes, they're hot. Yes, they're uncomfortable. Yes, it makes it harder to communicate with others. I wear an N95 all day every work day. You get used to it.

Maybe you're not worried. Maybe you're young and healthy and have very little chance of having a negative outcome. If so, good for you. HOWEVER, there are elderly and sick people who must go out to get groceries and necessary household items. Many are terrified at this prospect, because they know their chances of having a bad outcome are quite high. Wear your mask for these people, if not for yourself.

Wearing a cloth mask without social distancing if no one else is wearing a mask does very little to protect you. It does much more to protect others.

Wearing a cloth mask and practicing social distancing does much more to protect yourself and others.

Both you and others wearing cloth masks and practicing social distancing does even more to protect yourself and others.

If you're still concerned about your own health, do all of the above, but use an N95 or a KN95 or equivalent mask.

And for the record, I am a physician, and this is the same guidance I give to all of my patients.
GravelRider is offline   Reply
Closed Thread