Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 05:53 PM   #1

Mask Mandate for Louisiana

Beginning Monday morning the entire state will be under a mask mandate with the exception of 3 parishes.
hshaynes is offline   Reply
Old 07-11-2020, 09:27 PM   #2

Our statewide mask mansate started last Tuesday.

Expect more.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply
Old 07-13-2020, 06:28 AM   #3
Mopar Guy

we have been on mask mandate since april.
Cost4133 is offline   Reply
Old 07-13-2020, 06:37 AM   #4
"On the road again"

We are in a mask mandate in Texas except for a few counties - but, I'm still seeing at least 10% of the people out there not wearing masks. Unfortunately, the governor said first offense - WARNING, then they MAY be ticketed after the first offense with a $250 fine.

I doubt that anybody in Texas has been ticketed yet - and it's unlikely anyone has been warned by law enforcement.

And, the numbers of COVID-19 continue to grow at a staggering rate.

Our county sheriff's posse had a rodeo and dance last week and the photos were unbelievable. People in the stands shoulder-to-shoulder with few masks and dancing in the arena afterwards with no masks and certainly no social distancing.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply
Old 07-13-2020, 06:51 AM   #5

It's a shame that more than just the folks not wearing one suffer when masks are not worn, at least with seat belts if you choose not to wear them only you get hurt.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post
We are in a mask mandate in Texas except for a few counties - but, I'm still seeing at least 10% of the people out there not wearing masks.
The number of people NOT wearing masks is going up... many Texas law enforcement agencies have said they won't enforce the regulation. Other places in Texas prosecutors have said they won't prosecute.

It's disappointing to me that people have made something that has a scientific basis into a political football. I'm wondering what the anti-mask people are going to do in Texas when the governor has to order a new shutdown, since hospitalizations and the death toll continue to rise at an increasing rate. I guess that they will ignore that too until the hospitals and funeral homes are full.

David & Elise
Windjammer 3001W
RAM 3500 SRW
david_reaves is offline   Reply
Old 07-13-2020, 01:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshaynes View Post
Beginning Monday morning the entire state will be under a mask mandate with the exception of 3 parishes.
The big question...why did it take so long?
babock is offline   Reply
Old 07-13-2020, 07:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
The big question...why did it take so long?
I think we all know the answer to that question.

Old 07-16-2020, 08:28 AM   #9
Site Team

Our local parish sheriff has stated it's a mandate and not a law. He will only dispatch officers if a business requires the mask and refused service to a customer who refused to vacate the premises if asked to do so by the business for not wearing one inside .

Our state AG is also stating it may not be legal to require such.

https://www.katc.com/news/covering-l...constitutional

So if you visit Louisiana, you may see some wearing masks, and some not.....but each business can decide if it's mandatory inside theirs.

I carry one in my front pocket, and use it some of the time and forget to some of the time.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply
Old 07-16-2020, 11:31 AM   #10

For what it’s worth, I’m happy to say that face mask compliance is good in my central Illinois city. I recently visited 4 businesses (2 grocery, one Menards home improvement, one UPS Store) and witnessed a grand total of only 3 persons not wearing a mask, while probably over a hundred persons encountered were wearing masks. I have decided to limit the stores I visit to those most likely to have clientele and employees conforming with the state’s mask usage recommendations.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:33 PM   #11

In northeast PA, nearly everyone wears a mask when out in public and in stores. Someone who doesn't have one on is the exception. Most businesses have signs up requiring them for entrance.
GravelRider is offline   Reply
Old 07-16-2020, 04:51 PM   #12

Walmart at corporate level is mandating use regardless of location starting 7/20/2020.
My only complaint is the way the banner in front of the entrance reads something to the effect that it is following state and/or local mandates ... our closest store is in a town and county that refuse to require masks, so the sign itself is not accurate.

We expect to see more retailers take up where local governments fail by requiring masks to enter and shop.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply
Old 08-09-2020, 05:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon455 View Post
Walmart at corporate level is mandating use regardless of location starting 7/20/2020.
My only complaint is the way the banner in front of the entrance reads something to the effect that it is following state and/or local mandates ... our closest store is in a town and county that refuse to require masks, so the sign itself is not accurate.

We expect to see more retailers take up where local governments fail by requiring masks to enter and shop.
Where we are, the Walmart mandate is just lip service. People walk in without masks and are not challenged. Same with many other businesses here in NC, where the governor's own mandate has no teeth, either.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply
Old 08-09-2020, 06:01 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
Where we are, the Walmart mandate is just lip service. People walk in without masks and are not challenged. Same with many other businesses here in NC, where the governor's own mandate has no teeth, either.
I read that Walmart had walked back their mandate since then — said it was causing disputes/conflicts/arguments between shoppers.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply
Old 08-09-2020, 06:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Here Walmart is using different tactics. Several signs saying Masks are REQUIRED and as you enter through a single entrance a uniformed security guard (not a Walmart "Greeter") is there to remind those without masks.

I've seen several turn back and leave but nobody "detained".

Stubborn and defiant is one thing. Ignorance is a totally different animal.

Once it was shown this virus can be spread from person to person via air, masks became a logical method to help prevent spread. Hand washing just wasn't going to be enough.

BTW, look at the hot spots now. Places where larger gatherings resumed and mask usage was not widely practiced.

Old 08-09-2020, 07:04 PM   #16
Brake is on left

My take.... 30-50% of those wearing a mask may as well not be. So why bother. I watch people literally move their mask to cough, sneeze or......pick their nose. Yep. Pick their nose. Herds of kids in the stores wearing them on their chin or head.... Touching everything they can.....
If we were to get really seroius about this "pandemic" then stores should only allow 1 family member in. No 4 and 5 person tribes wandering around. Get in, get your things and get out. Walking about thinking that you can go on like normal as long as you mask up is silly.
Just my opinion.
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply
Old 08-09-2020, 07:18 PM   #17

I just spent 5 days traveling and camping in Missouri and northern Arkansas. Over the entire 5 day period, I saw a total of 20 persons wearing a mask. Most of the area I traveling in had low population density. Back home, in central Illinois, within 1 minute at a grocery store I counted 20 people wearing masks. Mask wearing practices vary greatly from one area to another.

When I approached the office of a privately owned campground in Arkansas wearing a face mask, the owner asked me, “Do they make you wear a mask where you’re from?” That struck me as an odd, unprofessional way to greet a customer.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Same here I'm 20 Miles North of Charlotte, NC Masks are required but not enforced Lowes, Walmart for example employees are instructed not to question anyone not wearing a mask for fear of a conflict.
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is online now   Reply
Old 08-09-2020, 08:16 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Twin View Post
My take.... 30-50% of those wearing a mask may as well not be. So why bother. I watch people literally move their mask to cough, sneeze or......pick their nose. Yep. Pick their nose. Herds of kids in the stores wearing them on their chin or head.... Touching everything they can.....
If we were to get really seroius about this "pandemic" then stores should only allow 1 family member in. No 4 and 5 person tribes wandering around. Get in, get your things and get out. Walking about thinking that you can go on like normal as long as you mask up is silly.
Just my opinion.
What you described is a great argument FOR wearying YOUR mask.

At least there's a better chance YOU won't be inhaling what they're spewing into the air. Absolute protection? Probably not but at least the larger airborne droplets will be filtered out.

Then just wash your hands.

Masks do work two ways.

Old 08-09-2020, 08:54 PM   #20

No 'health professional' will give any suggestion on 'which' type of mask to wear in the county where I live. Why? Because 'masks' that the population is using will not stop a flu virus (and there are many lawyers around here who want to sue them for false and reckless practices if they 'suggest' a certain type of mask)

Went camping at the end of June for ten days and the end of July for ten days. Saw hundreds of people and 'maybe' one out of a hundred had a 'mask'.
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...ronavirus.aspx

I read that there was a 'cure' for flu viruses and respiratory illnesses being used in the United State in the 1840s and before. Yes, it worked and is still in use today. What did your great grand parents do? Do what they did. But sheep do not want to know the science (or history). It is out there for you to find so you can stop being afraid. The processes is very cheap and easy to adhere to, but YOU must find it, as no doctor will proscribe it. Be, Sheep in more.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply
Closed Thread