Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 06:04 PM   #41

Masks being required in all National Parks regardless of Vaccination status

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigH View Post
And yet when MN wants to put on a state fair:

Wisconsin State Fair (according to Wisconsin Department of Health)
841,000 people attended,
46 confirmed COVID-19 cases (8 probable cases) connected to event,
No COVID-19 restrictions,
Dates: 8/5 – 8/15.
Motorcycle Rally Sturgis (according to South Dakota Department of Health)
525,768 people attended,
39 confirmed COVID-19 cases connected to event,
Dates: 8/5 – 8/15.
Lollapalooza (according to the Associated Press)
325,000 people attended (estimated),
203 confirmed COVID-19 cases connected to event,
Attend
From here: https://kstp.com/coronavirus/looking...tarts/6219326/

What to believe!

The thing is, a lot of it is luck and statistics. Most of the time your seat belt does absolutely nothing. You don’t wear your seatbelt for what it does on a normal day, you wear your seatbelt for the really unlucky days where stuff goes wrong. Many people have stories about riding in the bed of a truck without issues as a kid, that doesn’t mean it is safe, it just means that they got lucky. The ones who were unlucky aren’t here to tell us about it. (If you go by personal testimony only, Russian Roulette is perfectly safe. Nobody has ever told me they died playing it)
Similarly, often the Covid precautions don’t actually do anything because you aren’t infected and you probably aren’t interacting with anyone infected, but you take the precautions so that if you do run into infected people(or are one without knowing about it) you reduce the chance of spreading it. Communities/events take precautions not because they already have an outbreak, but so that if infected people do show up they don’t have an outbreak.
Daxinarian is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2021, 06:58 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
Sorry, read it in the daily updates. Guess I’ll have to read the “assigned forum” first next time.
You are not the only one doesn’t that pay attention to the forum or thread they’re posting in. From what I see, this site should do away with this so called “daily updates” feature as it seems to cause a lot of problems with inattentive members.

Meanwhile, back to the relevant Covid discussion . . .
Old 09-16-2021, 07:05 PM   #43

Here's some reading on the topic.

Expect mandates to come out in a week or so as agencies like OSHA write the rules.

Read how the President CAN issue executive orders to combat a health emergency. It hasn't been done yet but is legal.

Like the writer pointed out "playing nice" hasn't worked yet so a new approach is needed.

It's going to get real interesting.

https://www.health.com/condition/inf...-what-it-means

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2021, 07:43 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbike View Post
I'm wondering yet as to how the world got over the Spanish Flu in the early part of last century.
That’s easy… they died. Lots and lots of people died. They died and kept dying until enough of the remaining population had enough resistance to the disease. That % is much higher than the current death toll (percentage wise). Look up the percentage of people who got the Spanish Flu, and the percentage of the world population that died from the Spanish Flu…
Old 09-16-2021, 07:57 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxinarian View Post
The thing is, a lot of it is luck and statistics. Most of the time your seat belt does absolutely nothing. You don’t wear your seatbelt for what it does on a normal day, you wear your seatbelt for the really unlucky days where stuff goes wrong. Many people have stories about riding in the bed of a truck without issues as a kid, that doesn’t mean it is safe, it just means that they got lucky. The ones who were unlucky aren’t here to tell us about it. (If you go by personal testimony only, Russian Roulette is perfectly safe. Nobody has ever told me they died playing it)
Similarly, often the Covid precautions don’t actually do anything because you aren’t infected and you probably aren’t interacting with anyone infected, but you take the precautions so that if you do run into infected people(or are one without knowing about it) you reduce the chance of spreading it. Communities/events take precautions not because they already have an outbreak, but so that if infected people do show up they don’t have an outbreak.
I posted what the state department of health reported about Sturgis...not some opinion piece that I was responding too.
BigH is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2021, 08:05 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigH View Post
I posted what the state department of health reported about Sturgis...not some opinion piece that I was responding too.

I am sorry, I don’t understand what your objection is to my reply to your post?
Old 09-16-2021, 08:56 PM   #47

I dont and i wont simple
Gmoney67 is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2021, 09:29 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
I now keep a mask inside my hat. Since I'm wearing my hat does that mean I'm also wearing my mask?

Seriously, without actually requiring one to show VALID proof they've been vaccinated the only way to really make sure unvaccinated persons are wearing masks is to require ALL to wear masks.

Expect more "mandates" for both vaccinations and masks. Hospitalizations and deaths are increasing so expect government to step in and do what's necessary in what is truly a health emergency.

So far voluntary steps have fallen short and it's estimated that 1 out of 500 in our population has been hospitalized ( per this evenings news.).
1 in 500 is 0.2%
boogiejack75 is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2021, 10:04 PM   #49

When ever the Government tries to mandate you to inject yourself with anything, That Government needs to leave.

LOCAL DETROIT TV ASKS FOR STORIES OF UNVAXXED DYING FROM COVID – GETS OVER 180K RESPONSES OF VACCINE INJURED AND DEAD INSTEAD
jeepin1 is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2021, 10:14 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin1 View Post
When ever the Government tries to mandate you to inject yourself with anything, That Government needs to leave.

LOCAL DETROIT TV ASKS FOR STORIES OF UNVAXXED DYING FROM COVID – GETS OVER 180K RESPONSES OF VACCINE INJURED AND DEAD INSTEAD
So you didn't get all the required childhood vaccinations? Home schooled GED?
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2021, 10:23 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxinarian View Post
The thing is, a lot of it is luck and statistics.
And almost any news article you read, hear on the radio, or see on the TV will manipulate the statistics to prove their point. For example in my state of Oregon I could say that on 8/1/2021 there were 681 new cases and on 9/15 there were 2,433 new cases so there was an increase of 357% from August to September!

Or

I could say there was 3,191 new cases on 8/27/2021 and 1,441 for each day from 9/4 to 9/7 so that means September had only 45% of the cases since the peak in August in only a 10 day timeframe!

The numbers in the examples above are from the CDC database tracking new cases per day per state.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2021, 10:26 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
So you didn't get all the required childhood vaccinations? Home schooled GED?
Just because your home school doesn't mean you didn't get a diploma.you have something against a ged at least they went and got it.
Gmoney67 is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2021, 10:33 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney67 View Post
Just because your home school doesn't mean you didn't get a diploma.you have something against a ged at least they went and got it.
?????? I think you missed the point
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2021, 10:40 PM   #54

I didn't have any say so over the vaccinations at that time, I also got many many shots going overseas in the Military, also didn't have much say so over it.
Does it make it right that the Government mandates this particular vaccine at this time, This particular government said this Vaccine was never going to be used by them it was a mess, about a year ago.
With no approvals or sufficient testing for this mess, What ever happen to personal responsibility, if your not comfortable going out - don't.

Home schooled GED? yes I think. I never made it that far.
jeepin1 is offline   Reply
Old 09-16-2021, 10:49 PM   #55

Private employers should have the choice to hire/keep whatever employees they want to that are qualified to do the job. Being vaccinated against COVID has no bearing on whether or not an employee is qualified to do a particular job.

As far as government contractors...it would seem to me that the vaccination requirement would be a modification of the contract between the government and contractor and the government is not allowed to arbitrarily add conditions to the contract. That is against Federal contracting laws. Direct employees of the Federal government are different than employees of a company with a contract with the Federal government.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply
Old 09-17-2021, 12:00 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiejack75 View Post
1 in 500 is 0.2%
0.2% of 333 million is 666,000. Two thirds of one million. People. But just the weak ones, I guess, so who cares - right?

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is offline   Reply
Old 09-17-2021, 07:40 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
It is a really simple decision... move on then.

This thread was specifically started in the COVID-19 Discussions sub-forum (where it belongs) and discussion of COVID is relevant here.

If you are not interested, move on to a different sub-forum.
No one is holding anyone's arm behind their back making them read this.

"Move on then" could be applied to the "hot topics" that always get deleted.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:46 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf View Post
0.2% of 333 million is 666,000. Two thirds of one million. People. But just the weak ones, I guess, so who cares - right?

I think these numbers are close to every standard flu season. Corona is a flu virus.
I wear a bandanna.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply
Old 09-17-2021, 08:01 AM   #59
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney67 View Post
I dont and i wont simple

I pray that your choice isn't a fatal one for you or someone you care about.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply
Old 09-17-2021, 08:36 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
I think these numbers are close to every standard flu season. Corona is a flu virus.
I wear a bandanna.

No not even remotely close. A BAD flu season kills 60,000. Covid is over 600,000

~60,000 = really bad flu year
600,000+ = Covid first at bat

10 times worse is not “close” to a standard flu season
Closed Thread