Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2021, 10:28 AM   #1

Ontario Lockdown

Hello, We are enduring another lockdown as the Covid numbers are at an all time high for Ontario. That means lockdown for camping until May 20th. Unfortunatley we were booked to camp (our inaugural 5 day away run) is now postponed. Camping in the driveway here we come. I just want people to be safe and lets get free of this. Enjoy the sun.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:32 AM   #2

I know this is terrible to say, but I'm so glad we sold our TT and bought our cabin in MO. in 2018. Campgrounds in the US are mostly open, but getting more and more crowded by the day. Couple local ones were already full last wednesday for the coming weekend.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:29 AM   #3

So apparently the last lock down didn't work ?
Old 04-18-2021, 11:39 AM   #4

It sure does not look good for using our reservations that we could not use last year in BC Canada.

-----------------
Ram 2500 / Surveyor 251rks
Old 04-18-2021, 11:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-m View Post
Yeah.....seems like that.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by debit View Post
It sure does not look good for using our reservations that we could not use last year in BC Canada.

-----------------
Border was supposed to open this weekend ? but I saw it's indefinite closed again and no time frame as to when it will reopen.
Old 04-18-2021, 12:07 PM   #7

Just checking , From what I understand places with no lock down have the same rate as lock down areas . But hey I'm not qualified to issue orders .
Old 04-18-2021, 12:12 PM   #8
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by debit View Post

-----------------

We've been swapping texts with friends in YT and BC who run CG's on the Alaska Hwy. Given last year's travel ban coupled with extensions into this years camping season, they are just about bankrupt. Only the Provincial Parks will endure. Sad to see economies destroyed.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
Old 04-18-2021, 12:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
We've been swapping texts with friends in YT and BC who run CG's on the Alaska Hwy. Given last year's travel ban coupled with extensions into this years camping season, they are just about bankrupt. Only the Provincial Parks will endure. Sad to see economies destroyed.
Plenty busy in the US....at least in NE, IA, MO. parks are filling on the weekends already.
Old 04-18-2021, 12:35 PM   #10

Belt and suspenders:)

We have a Canada cabin, and last year bought a 18TO wolf pup. I'm so glad we bought the RV, as no trips to Canada last year, and maybe not this year either. We ordered the pup in October of 2019 before any of the carnuba virus mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
I know this is terrible to say, but I'm so glad we sold our TT and bought our cabin in MO. in 2018. Campgrounds in the US are mostly open, but getting more and more crowded by the day. Couple local ones were already full last wednesday for the coming weekend.
Old 04-18-2021, 12:49 PM   #11

Hey Wolfpaq 👍👍👍👍
Old 04-18-2021, 12:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Lock-downs only work when people observe them.

It's the selfish, careless, disrespectful boneheads who are keeping this virus thriving.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFather View Post
Lock-downs only work when people observe them.

It's the selfish, careless, disrespectful boneheads who are keeping this virus thriving.
Ok I was wondering why it keeps going , thanks for clearing it up . I'm holding my breath till the authoritys says it ok.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:34 PM   #14

Ontario Lockdown

Quote:
Ok I was wondering why it keeps going , thanks for clearing it up . I'm holding my breath till the authoritys says it ok.

When I train my dogs, one thing I do NOT allow them to do is burst out with brainless energy when released from a crate or leash. They must be calm and control themselves and then they may be released. Brainlessness isnít rewarded.
Sadly, nobody up here seems to get that concept. Weíre locked up, boo for us. Then weíre free, so letís party and shop and go out and do whatever we want with whoever we want without a care in the world.
Itís pretty much been the definition of insanity.
Old 04-18-2021, 02:54 PM   #15
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffywhitedogs View Post
When I train my dogs, one thing I do NOT allow them to do is burst out with brainless energy when released from a crate or leash. They must be calm and control themselves and then they may be released. Brainlessness isnít rewarded.
Sadly, nobody up here seems to get that concept. Weíre locked up, boo for us. Then weíre free, so letís party and shop and go out and do whatever we want with whoever we want without a care in the world.
Itís pretty much been the definition of insanity.

No,... the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
Old 04-18-2021, 02:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
No,... the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Exactly my point
Old 04-26-2021, 09:48 AM   #17

I'm a first time seasonal. I just found out that my trailer park has said it's OK to come May 1st, but you have to stay 2 weeks due to the lockdown. So basically, you can't go for a weekend. Is this right? Has anyone received the same information?
Old 04-26-2021, 10:12 AM   #18

I don't know whether it is the weather, the governor or a combination of both, but things are working out well for us in sunny Florida. No lockdowns here, just use common sense when engaging in social activities, and no blaming others.
2017 Laredo 325RL Sold
2016 Vengeance 29V Sold
1970 Yellowstone Used as downpayment for first house
Old 04-26-2021, 10:48 AM   #19

Quote:
It definitely did work until certain people and State governments decided that they wouldn't take even minimal precautions.

The primary goal of the shutdown was to be able to keep our hospitals open and room in the ICUs for those in need of critical care. It could have been a lot worse than it was. Remember NYC in the beginning when people were suffocating to death in the hallways?
Old 04-26-2021, 11:16 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankG View Post
I don't know whether it is the weather, the governor or a combination of both, but things are working out well for us in sunny Florida. No lockdowns here, just use common sense when engaging in social activities, and no blaming others.

Just been to Florida, it was great. Texas also doing well without lockdowns.
Closed Thread

Tags
lock