Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 07:07 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawood21 View Post
There are a lot of full time RV'ers who either live in RV Parks or travel. I have a brother and sister-in-law who are full time and are currently living off grid in Nevada around the Lake Meade area. My sister and her husband live half of the year in their RV and are currently in a campground around Savannah, Georgia. They had planned to camp in SC but received a call from the RV park stating they were closed. They don't want to return home as they live north of Detroit. They are very concerned about getting sick and are practicing social distancing.
I just read in the news today that one city, which for the life of me I can't recall it's name, just suspended enforcement of their ordinance prohibiting people from living in RV's on private property (other than an RV Park). The Mayor specifically mentioned how it was to help those who live full time in their RV's and were parking at friends, relatives, etc.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 03-30-2020, 07:10 PM   #122

Interesting Read

https://rvlife.com/help-keep-rv-parks-open/
Old 03-30-2020, 07:47 PM   #123

I saw that too, I think it was in Florida.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:49 PM   #124

We are finishing 3 nights at Durango Rv resort in Red Bluff, CA today. Very safe, good distance between rigs, actually place is only 30-40% full. All facilities are closed except laundry room. That is a good way for self distancing. All private resorts are doing the same thing. If wanna go, go for it! We dont bother anybody lol..
Old 03-30-2020, 07:51 PM   #125

I had reservations for April 8th at a private campground near my family. We were going to visit for Easter. I live in VA and the governor just announced today that they were closing all private campgrounds and beaches. I have not heard from the campground yet, but I am assuming they are going to close. I think it is all blown out of proportion. I had a hip replacement surgery scheduled on March 16. They cancelled it with less than 12 hours to go. I had been waiting 18 months. It could have been done and over with and there wasn't even a case in VA then. Now it could be up to another year.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:14 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs4029 View Post
I have a long weekend camping trip planned for Easter weekend at Mama Gerties near Ashville, NC...I called the other day and was told currently it's business as normal for them of course something can change between now and April 10th the day I am scheduled to leave.

Were located about 90 miles away so I can make it round trip on a tank of gas and our plan was to just relax at the site and use are own facilities (Full hookup site) and social distancing.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are about the private campgrounds that are open and if there are people still considering going to or are they throwing in the towel now and canceling ?

Folks, this is not going away in April or May. We will be dealing with this until at least the middle of July.

If you can social distance yourself or isolate while camping, you will be fine.
The danger is if you have it and spread it, or they symptoms occur while camping your choices for health care will be very limited.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:12 PM   #127

This is NOT ordinary flu, it grows exponentially. If you have no concern for your own health at least be considerate of others. A church in Washington had choir practice March 3rd. All doorknobs were wiped and no music was shared.This week 14 members came down with Covid 19!
Old 03-30-2020, 09:40 PM   #128

my daughters campground is open in Arcadia Fl ... Peace River ... last I talked to her they were full ....
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
Old 03-30-2020, 10:02 PM   #129
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by campers302 View Post
You are the people that will keep this virus alive and continue the spread.

Stop being self centered because it is not just about you.

Grow up, be responsible!

Every stop you make, gas, food, every one puts you at risk. Now you have contacted the virus and you continue to touch other items on your journey.

Stay home! Stop being stupid!

I can not believe the stupidity of some people.

AGREED!

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
Old 03-30-2020, 10:11 PM   #130

Not to be an ass but do you not go shopping? Post office? I will re-open my auto repair shop on Apr 6th, so I and my techs will be in the middle of potentially getting this damn virus! Unless we all go into full lockdown I think it will be around for a while. Just saying...
Old 03-30-2020, 10:14 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynn721 View Post
Folks, this is not going away in April or May. We will be dealing with this until at least the middle of July.

If you can social distance yourself or isolate while camping, you will be fine.
The danger is if you have it and spread it, or they symptoms occur while camping your choices for health care will be very limited.
I will be leaving the desert of California for a seasonal job with the Forest Service on the MT/ID border. My job may change from getting CG’s ready and maintaining them to making sure they stay closed and unused. That’s if the job isn’t cancelled.

No matter. I will be social distancing for quite sometime even while working.

I won’t be camping while working in a campground (thankfully). The best advice is not to travel until we are way on the downside of the curve. But, if you were dispersed camping 3 months ago, had no neighbors, could stay in your RV for 6 months without having to go into town, you would be much safer than being at home (with all the temptations of going out, mail delivery, Amazon delivery, newspaper delivery, etc).
Old 03-30-2020, 10:16 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinmb View Post
Not to be an ass but do you not go shopping? Post office? I will re-open my auto repair shop on Apr 6th, so I and my techs will be in the middle of potentially getting this damn virus! Unless we all go into full lockdown I think it will be around for a while. Just saying...
Understood, best.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:16 PM   #133

We were planning a trip along the northern tier states in June. Going to wait and see, still planning, but not putting any money down. The DW often says, "We plan, God laughs."
Old 03-30-2020, 10:19 PM   #134

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Interesting the reckless disregard for human life is amazing! Many many of the same people that tout to want to go camping claim to be a warrior in service to their very own country. Do what is right and stay home. What is so hard about helping your fellow man?

All I know is up here in Canada we take thus threat seriously and even in BC they are seeing a slow down of new cases. It Works! Social Distancing! Ontario just ordered all public parks and spaces are closed, city park with swings, dog park or green spaces.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:29 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarks View Post
Post office? Who still goes there, lol. You should open your auto repair shop why the hell did you close that? Dirty wrench outbreak? Those cars are more than 6’apart. Come on.
Well, we specialize in MBZ and BMW repairs, it was really slow, since the announcement to stay home for 2 weeks became active, we did just that. If everyone is supposed to stay home then we should have no cars to work on.
PS..needed to go to post office to do certify mail for my shop tax extension ��
Old 03-30-2020, 10:39 PM   #136

Wash Rinse Repeat .... Wash Rinse Repeat .... Wash Rinse Repeat .... Wash Rinse Repeat Wash Rinse Repeat .... Wash Rinse Repeat .... Wash Rinse Repeat .... Wash Rinse Repeat
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
Old 03-30-2020, 10:40 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Interesting the reckless disregard for human life is amazing! Many many of the same people that tout to want to go camping claim to be a warrior in service to their very own country. Do what is right and stay home. What is so hard about helping your fellow man?

All I know is up here in Canada we take thus threat seriously and even in BC they are seeing a slow down of new cases. It Works! Social Distancing! Ontario just ordered all public parks and spaces are closed, city park with swings, dog park or green spaces.
I'm curious - those of you on this forum who are making a career out of browbeating and belittling and shouting down everyone that you think is not taking the whole thing seriously enough.....

Have you changed anyone's mind? Anyone? Even one?

You *do* realize that these are, for the most part, anonymous strangers who can literally say anything?

Anyone here could say they are going camping. - just to get a rise out of you - and then stay home. You would never know.

Anyone here could say that they are staying home - so they don't have to deal with the superior attitude - and then go camping. You would never know.

Anyone here could say nothing - and then either go camping or stay home. You would never know.

I realize that I am relatively new here, but I am completely sick of every thread devolving into this. I'm really not clear on why the site team allows it to continue, other than possibly because many of the most vocal seem to be "regulars" who benefit from different rules.

I am pretty sure that "personal attacks" was pretty prominent in the list of no-no's that I had to agree to when I registered. How about you?

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Old 03-30-2020, 10:48 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf View Post
I'm curious - those of you on this forum who are making a career out of browbeating and belittling and shouting down everyone that you think is not taking the whole thing seriously enough.....

Have you changed anyone's mind? Anyone? Even one?

You *do* realize that these are, for the most part, anonymous strangers who can literally say anything?

Anyone here could say they are going camping. - just to get a rise out of you - and then stay home. You would never know.

Anyone here could say that they are staying home - so they don't have to deal with the superior attitude - and then go camping. You would never know.

Anyone here could say nothing - and then either go camping or stay home. You would never know.

I realize that I am relatively new here, but I am completely sick of every thread devolving into this. I'm really not clear on why the site team allows it to continue, other than possibly because many of the most vocal seem to be "regulars" who benefit from different rules.

I am pretty sure that "personal attacks" was pretty prominent in the list of no-no's that I had to agree to when I registered. How about you?
Do you Even own a trailer/rv? Hmmmm.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:49 PM   #139

Well that should close it ...
Old 03-30-2020, 10:53 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
Well that should close it ...

Closed Thread