Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2020, 05:50 PM   #21
Enjoying Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Just in time for freezing weather and possible snow.

Good luck.

Haven't you heard, Global Warming... there is no more snow

I hope it just holds off a little to get in and out.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:54 PM   #22

Nebraska shut down all state parks and Recreation area's till May 8th and will re-evaluate then.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:58 PM   #23

I can maybe see people going back to work slowly by the end of June MAYBE but as far as recreational/entertainment things I really don't seeing it happening until Fall. Now they are talking about the possibility that this virus could have a second round come threw later in the year. It's just something we just won't know. In my opinion 2020 has been cancelled. Maybe next Spring things will be back to normal.
Jason1Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachTexas View Post
Haven't you heard, Global Warming... there is no more snow

I hope it just holds off a little to get in and out.
Yeah, but what is that stuff I shovel out of my driveway? One year in CO I had to shovel 3-4 feet of "Global Warming" from my front entrance and driveway.

I hope you do get to keep your reservation and enjoy your time there. To me Fall camping can be some of the best.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:39 AM   #25

Greetings!
We were scheduled to Park Host/Volunteer in ND for the month of June. State Parks there are closed until May 10th at least for camping. So in order for us to volunteer because we are out of State, we have to quarantine in the State of ND for 2 weeks prior to volunteering. Difficult to accomplish! RV friends figure the way to get RVing is to boondock somewhere. We have a seasonal site in a private campground May-October, and are waiting to hear about access. Doubtful.
ross0547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:55 AM   #26

We have a trip planned to Wyoming in mid August, our first long trip in our ‘new to us’ trailer. I am staying skeptically optimistic.

My biggest concern at this point is being able restock groceries halfway thru the trip.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:36 AM   #27

We have a trip planned leaving eastern Washington State heading to Mt. Rushmore with two stops in Montana on the way. Departure date is late May. All reservations are in private camps which so far are still open or still plan to open when their season opens. My biggest concern isn’t the camps, but the possible crowds at Mt. Rushmore and Deadwood. No sense spending the time and dollars to travel that far and not see the sights. Haven’t canceled yet as there is plenty of time still but we are not to confident that the trip will happen. Might postpone until fall.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:45 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross0547 View Post
Greetings!
We were scheduled to Park Host/Volunteer in ND for the month of June. State Parks there are closed until May 10th at least for camping. So in order for us to volunteer because we are out of State, we have to quarantine in the State of ND for 2 weeks prior to volunteering. Difficult to accomplish! RV friends figure the way to get RVing is to boondock somewhere. We have a seasonal site in a private campground May-October, and are waiting to hear about access. Doubtful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Texan View Post
We have a trip planned to Wyoming in mid August, our first long trip in our ‘new to us’ trailer. I am staying skeptically optimistic.

My biggest concern at this point is being able restock groceries halfway thru the trip.

June is still just short of two months away. A month from now I'm sure there will be a clearer view of what June will bring for us all.

The reality of this all is that COVID-19 was traced back to mid November of 2019. After exponential spread China, by all indications, is on the down side of the curve after four plus months. If the epidemic follows the same timeline in this country, since the first case was recognized January 10, we should see the back side of the curve by end of April/Early May.

Of course that assumes we at least take most of the steps that China took to control the spread. Here's hoping.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:52 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchdog View Post
We have a trip planned leaving eastern Washington State heading to Mt. Rushmore with two stops in Montana on the way. Departure date is late May. All reservations are in private camps which so far are still open or still plan to open when their season opens. My biggest concern isn’t the camps, but the possible crowds at Mt. Rushmore and Deadwood. No sense spending the time and dollars to travel that far and not see the sights. Haven’t canceled yet as there is plenty of time still but we are not to confident that the trip will happen. Might postpone until fall.
Two thoughts. If the spread of the virus hasn't subsided by then I doubt that Mt Rushmore will be open as well as most of Deadwood.

If it has subsided many people will have probably cancelled their vacation plans due to the disruption in their jobs and won't be able to spend the money for travel.

Either way, crowds may not be an issue.

Old 04-03-2020, 11:32 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
June is still just short of two months away. A month from now I'm sure there will be a clearer view of what June will bring for us all.

The reality of this all is that COVID-19 was traced back to mid November of 2019. After exponential spread China, by all indications, is on the down side of the curve after four plus months. If the epidemic follows the same timeline in this country, since the first case was recognized January 10, we should see the back side of the curve by end of April/Early May.

Of course that assumes we at least take most of the steps that China took to control the spread. Here's hoping.
China was under a lockdown as in you don't move. The US is not. I don't think we can compare the US to China in that regard.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:21 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by goduc View Post
China was under a lockdown as in you don't move. The US is not. I don't think we can compare the US to China in that regard.
Very true but I didn't want to point that out. The concept is very foreign to us here in this country.

Even considering the China "lockdown" our experts are predicting a peak around April 15th. A very "attention getting" peak at that. From there we still should be on the backside of the curve.

FWIW, I had to make a run to my local Walmart today. It appears that at last proper distancing advice is finally being followed. Aside from the fact that the store was more empty than most days (along with more product on the shelves than seen of late, people are actually keeping their distance and just as you enter there's a large "measuring tape" on the floor explaining what 6 feet actually is.

There's still hope for us, at least in areas that started "distancing" early.

Old 04-03-2020, 02:26 PM   #32
SJB

Here is a great website that shows projections for hospital beds, ICU beds, etc. needed based on actions taken by each US state...https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections.

Looking at this for the states you want to travel through you can get a guesstimate as to when safe travel should be possible (hopefully). I believe they update this information as data comes in from the states.

As to Colorado, the estimates on the health data website is that we will need no more hospital beds for Covid patients by May 30.

Good luck with your plans everyone and stay well.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:31 PM   #33

Where are people getting information that this will peak will be in April?

On the White House Briefing the other day they had a chart with a curve on it which shows the peak number of deaths is expected to occur on June 20th.
2022 F150 Powerboost Hybrid.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 12:10 AM   #34
I'm Lost

As I posted on another thread, all Provincial parks in Ontario are closed. You will still lose your reservation fee when you cancel, seems unfair as the government are the ones closing the parks.

All outside fires in Ontario are banned as of today as well! I drove into the park to check our road into the resort and saw signs up in Haliburton and the entrance into Algonquin all banning fires.

I work at a private resort in Algonquin and we're planning on possibly not opening this season. Myself and my maintenance crew will move back in when the snow melts and do security, renovations and replace a couple of staff cabins while we're closed.

Be safer there in the bush than in town!

Stay safe people.
Geoff
2023 F150 Lariat 502A (After all rebates, price protection and dealer discounts, I saved $12,600Cdn. (Cavalcade Ford). If pays to shop dealers! (April 2023)
wabakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:14 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Did you think I don't know my geography?
Playa de Oro RV Park
Did you feel safe while there? How about travel insurance details?
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:09 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason1Pa View Post
I can maybe see people going back to work slowly by the end of June MAYBE but as far as recreational/entertainment things I really don't seeing it happening until Fall. Now they are talking about the possibility that this virus could have a second round come threw later in the year. It's just something we just won't know. In my opinion 2020 has been cancelled. Maybe next Spring things will be back to normal.
I was reading a good article about what it may take for the world to live with COVID-19. Probably a series of stops and starts until we develop herd immunity (several years with a lot of death) or a viable vaccine is developed. 1-2 years. The need at this point is to balance crashing the economy against sickness and death. It's going to be a while. I suspect you are correct that 2020 is a wash recreationally.
2018 Chevy Spark
Formerly - 2007 Itasca Navion (Sold and gone)
Mr. October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:37 AM   #37

I think we may still be able to salvage some of 2020 for recreational use.
Most every state will peak in the next days to 2-3 weeks. According to one modeling chart everything is bottomed out on June 1st.
IF and it's a big if measures are taken that keep some sort of social distancing coupled with widespread testing along with general awareness that the virus could ramp up if we go back to a full on society, it would seem that some sectors of recreation would open back up.
If during June most states only have a few new cases a day then I would think that each state would open up what they think would be less prone to restarting the virus spread again.
Camping, boating, fishing, hunting, schools reopen but with no sports?.
Things don't have to be 100% normal for us to get out and enjoy our country.
If wearing a mask out in public areas where social contact is high then so be it. I wouldn't need one around my camp site or on low traveled hiking trails or out riding a bike. If I need something from the store out camping then maybe I slap on a mask.
I'll gladly take some sacrifices to be able to get out. It's all about making the most of the current situation.
Millions of people go through life needing to compromise in one way or another. Doing some small things to stop the spread so we can get back to some kind of normalcy is no big deal for me.

Just saw this on my States Covid site.

Cellphone location data shows most Oregonians are staying home. In Oregon, mobility (or the range people travel each day) has dropped 91% so far this year, compared to all of 2019, according to research by Cuebiq, a data intelligence firm. Learn more
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:06 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by goduc View Post
I think we may still be able to salvage some of 2020 for recreational use.
Most every state will peak in the next days to 2-3 weeks. According to one modeling chart everything is bottomed out on June 1st.
IF and it's a big if measures are taken that keep some sort of social distancing coupled with widespread testing along with general awareness that the virus could ramp up if we go back to a full on society, it would seem that some sectors of recreation would open back up.
If during June most states only have a few new cases a day then I would think that each state would open up what they think would be less prone to restarting the virus spread again.
Camping, boating, fishing, hunting, schools reopen but with no sports?.
Things don't have to be 100% normal for us to get out and enjoy our country.
If wearing a mask out in public areas where social contact is high then so be it. I wouldn't need one around my camp site or on low traveled hiking trails or out riding a bike. If I need something from the store out camping then maybe I slap on a mask.
I'll gladly take some sacrifices to be able to get out. It's all about making the most of the current situation.
Millions of people go through life needing to compromise in one way or another. Doing some small things to stop the spread so we can get back to some kind of normalcy is no big deal for me.

Just saw this on my States Covid site.

Cellphone location data shows most Oregonians are staying home. In Oregon, mobility (or the range people travel each day) has dropped 91% so far this year, compared to all of 2019, according to research by Cuebiq, a data intelligence firm. Learn more
The projections I've been reading (and granted there are more than just a few projections to read) say the peak of the deaths will come in about a week (April 14-16). Will the new infections peak at the same time or not is what will drive the lifting of travel restrictions.

If the measures implemented can slow the rate of new infections, the death toll will go down as those who are already infected have either recovered or not. The "pool" of those at risk will diminish.

Considering that at the beginning of this epidemic in our Country nobody was changing their normal routines, the virus spread for weeks before measures were implemented.

My guess is that by the beginning of June, which by most projections the number of severe cases will have dropped to within what our hospital system can handle more easily, we will see a reduction of restrictions and travel, camping, and working, will be more normal.

I do see people shaking fewer hands and standing away from others for a long time however. Perhaps making it a way of life for at least the near future.

On a side note, all my favorite campgrounds don't open until after Memorial Day anyhow. Hoping like heck things get better by then.

Old 04-07-2020, 04:44 PM   #39

I think we'll see more relaxed camping in National and State parks and private parks and campgrounds by June, but we'll also be exposed to new 'norms' that will probably change the way many folks think of when they 'go camping'...such as no more 'campfire' gatherings, dispersed camping with only an rv in every other site, no more 'shared bathrooms/showers', full self-contained RVs only, more limits on the amount of 'time' you can stay, lights out by dark, etc. That may work for many, and may not be very appealing to others.

Will it eventually get 'back to normal'? Probably, but the normal may be slightly changed, and we'll just 'accept' it since we've 'seen' what an outbreak can do... just like before the TSA was so involved in asking us to remove our shoes and belts when passing thru 'inspection' at the airport - 911 changed our mindset to be more 'accepting' of the idea, and looking at it as more of a protection of US, rather than a simple annoyance. : )

But, yes, it will eventually get back to normal - given enough time.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:28 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
I think we'll see more relaxed camping in National and State parks and private parks and campgrounds by June, but we'll also be exposed to new 'norms' that will probably change the way many folks think of when they 'go camping'...such as no more 'campfire' gatherings, dispersed camping with only an rv in every other site, no more 'shared bathrooms/showers', full self-contained RVs only, more limits on the amount of 'time' you can stay, lights out by dark, etc. That may work for many, and may not be very appealing to others.

Will it eventually get 'back to normal'? Probably, but the normal may be slightly changed, and we'll just 'accept' it since we've 'seen' what an outbreak can do... just like before the TSA was so involved in asking us to remove our shoes and belts when passing thru 'inspection' at the airport - 911 changed our mindset to be more 'accepting' of the idea, and looking at it as more of a protection of US, rather than a simple annoyance. : )

But, yes, it will eventually get back to normal - given enough time.
Sadly there are those who see it as a major annoyance when flying even saying "Why are we still doing this? We haven't had a plane hijacking for almost 20 years.? Not everyone's brain works the same (if it works at all).

Tags
cat