Old 03-18-2020, 01:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkclark2011 View Post
I am losing my mind being stuck after only a few short days. All I can say is I hope that the temporary 2 week estimate is right because I will go crazy. I see a lot of civil unrest coming if the gov't keeps trying to lock us down like this.
2 week estimate? For what? Trump said yesterday this could last well into the summer. Get ready for 1 year.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:38 PM   #22

Quote:
What are your qualifications for saying that? Are you a doctor? Yes early season might be impacted but saying a full year of lock down is a little ridiculous. We have numerous officials saying that so I would trust them first.
I think the big issue isn't how long any "lock down" lasts but the lingering effects of one lasting any significant amount of time.

Logically those that will be hurt the worst are those campgrounds that have any debt service. Bank notes that need regular payments or Lease payments due every month. Some may become victims and end closing. Same of course for the restaurants and bars forced to close for any length of time. Only those with large "rainy day accounts" will survive with any ease.

Not even 9-11 gave us any idea what it will be like if this crisis lasts any length of time. The effects of that were limited mostly to transportation and after a few weeks it was ramping back up. The effects of this crisis are affecting EVERY part of our society and economy and nobody has the script so they can read ahead to see what's next.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by goduc View Post
2 week estimate? For what? Trump said yesterday this could last well into the summer. Get ready for 1 year.
2 weeks for the closures. Said virus could last into the summer. Dr. Fauci said this way of life isn't likely that long.
Old 03-18-2020, 01:43 PM   #24

Quote:
I am losing my mind being stuck after only a few short days. All I can say is I hope that the temporary 2 week estimate is right because I will go crazy. I see a lot of civil unrest coming if the gov't keeps trying to lock us down like this.
Only 2 weeks? The lockdown is 30 days here in Nevada...starting today.
I'm going to look pretty shaggy, all the barbers are closed.
Old 03-18-2020, 02:08 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Only 2 weeks? The lockdown is 30 days here in Nevada...starting today.
I'm going to look pretty shaggy, all the barbers are closed.
Federal guideline was 15 days last I saw. If your state is forcing 30 that sucks. I am hoping this all starts to settle in 2 weeks and this summer is not affected.
Old 03-18-2020, 04:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Federal guideline was 15 days last I saw. If your state is forcing 30 that sucks. I am hoping this all starts to settle in 2 weeks and this summer is not affected.

You are dreaming. If they leveled the curve tomorrow, it would take several months to get the economy flowing again. Now a vaccine or cure would send things through the roof.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 05:03 PM   #27

Quote:
2 weeks. I would suggest you do some reading about the virus.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imp...16-03-2020.pdf

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthel...ull.pdf#page=1
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 05:44 PM   #28

Quote:
Las Vegas Strip is going dark, the whole state is closed, except gas, hospitals, pharmacies and grocery stores..all restaurants can only serve take-out. Schools may not go back until September.
30 day order direct from Governor Sisolak
Old 03-18-2020, 06:05 PM   #29

it was announced today that Ford and GM was shutting down for a week starting this Friday
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 04:50 AM   #30

Goduc, same boat here, we take delivery of our new TT today, traded our old and signed last week. As of now Indiana is still open, we have reservations for an Indiana campground in 2 weeks and yet to be cancelled. Indy 500 is still on and they are making mention of doing everything to get it in, but anything can change at any moment. Wifey and I have other races and camping already on the books so hoping this craziness clears soon. I dont want to over react, making a move on a camper was the right move, dont want to second guess due to recent events. This too shall pass...
robtied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:20 AM   #31

I spoke to someone in sales at Flagstaff yesterday to check the status of the GeoPro 19FD that we have on order. He confirmed that it was in the process but didn't have the ability to get exact info on it. He did say that, as of yesterday, manufacturing was still ongoing.
Don B. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 10:46 AM   #32
Member: Old Man Club

I emailed my Palomino factory rep and his reply was that unless the G forced them to shut down, they have every intention of filling their orders on time. Ya, he could be feeding me a line, but I really doubt that.

2016 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab, 4x4
2021 Palomino Puma 27RLSS
RockDodger is offline   Reply With Quote