Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 07:58 AM   #41

To me the scary part is folks wandering around, without masks, asymptomatic, and spreading the disease without any understanding of what they are doing. I live in fairly rural farming country in NC now and frankly there is a macho attitude of this doesn't apply to me. Even the mayor of our little town dying of Covid didn't seem to change attitudes.
I'm just finishing chemotherapy, am the proverbial immune suppressed senior, and folks who simply don't care about others can truly kill me.

We all have to be good citizens until we get this pandemic under control. It's not a "scamdemic" as some like to say, it's real. Folks are dying around me...
Washington NC soon to be Bucks Co PA again
Old 10-01-2020, 09:05 AM   #42

They are counting many new cases from what they say are positive tests . only problem the tests are wrong 50% of the time . get a test today that shows positive and in a few days you can get a test that show negative but they don't change the numbers . Even total deaths are way off factual actual covid deaths . if the virus real YES is it much worse then the flu no . they use stats to make people think it's worse but the stats are not accurate
Old 10-01-2020, 12:00 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
They are counting many new cases from what they say are positive tests . only problem the tests are wrong 50% of the time . get a test today that shows positive and in a few days you can get a test that show negative but they don't change the numbers . Even total deaths are way off factual actual covid deaths . if the virus real YES is it much worse then the flu no . they use stats to make people think it's worse but the stats are not accurate
Considering that there is no vaccine and this virus is known to be more lethal due to lack of natural immunity, I'd say it is definitely worse than the flu.

There's a good reason it's being compared to the Spanish Flu from the early 20th century.

Regardless of statistic's just remember, the virus doesn't read government reports. It can travel anywhere it wants. You'd think simple precautions would be more than common sense.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 10-01-2020, 12:41 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Considering that there is no vaccine and this virus is known to be more lethal due to lack of natural immunity, I'd say it is definitely worse than the flu.

There's a good reason it's being compared to the Spanish Flu from the early 20th century.

Regardless of statistic's just remember, the virus doesn't read government reports. It can travel anywhere it wants. You'd think simple precautions would be more than common sense.
Not true at all . more lethal then what ? since the death numbers are faked and the positive test numbers are fake . just how much more lethal is this . worse then the flu ? maybe maybe not no envidence to prove one way or another since the numbers are so polluted with false stats .
So do you run around during the flu season with a mask ? Do you expect everything to close down every year when the flu's hit ? No vaccine for the flu either just a shot that helps some and hurts others . Spanish flu had 20 million dead in a 2 yr period . if the covid numbers keep up we may end up with a million . no immunity just people who apparently get it and show no signs of it . 6.8 million recovered with some immunity now . . i could go on . Fear rules and the MSM spreads it on thick .
Old 10-01-2020, 12:45 PM   #45

Conspiracy theorists and their logic are always entertaining......
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
Old 10-01-2020, 12:55 PM   #46

I thought the COVID-19 highway checkpoints and roadblocks on all the roads leading in or out of every city and state covered this question. What?! There aren't any? How is the 14 day quarantine (or whatever) enforced. Where's the National Guard?

-- Chuck
Old 10-01-2020, 01:31 PM   #47
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by parise View Post
I can't believe some of these comments. This is why we cant get this virus under control like other countries in the free world.
Yes and no. Sweden opted to go the "herd immunity" route while Spain invoked the harshest lock-down in Europe. Sweden is doing fine. Spain is experiencing the second wave. So just what is the answer?
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
Old 10-01-2020, 01:51 PM   #48
PhD, Common Sense

What is the answer?

We don’t know.

No one knows yet.

Anyone who claims they do is talking through his or her hat.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:03 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
What is the answer?

We don’t know.

No one knows yet.

Anyone who claims they do is talking through his or her hat.
or Mask.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:06 PM   #50

All I can say, from experience, is the last place I was at, 3 days before feeling symptoms, was a store that required masks. Before that, wife and I hadn't been anywhere in a week or so.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:23 PM   #51

I keep seeing people referring to Sweden. Sweden has 750,000 people in their largest city, 10 million people in the whole country. The NY City Metropolitan Statistical Area has 19 million people. Sweden is just a tad more dispersed which is pretty sure a factor in how the disease behaves.
2022 F150 Powerboost Hybrid.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:57 PM   #52

Seriously you think a flu shot doesn't do anything? Covid numbers are fake? Not even certain brain dead politicians are asserting that.

Our health insurance is requiring everyone in our plan to get a flu shot this season. If you don't get one, you get dropped. This is a major medical plan. They want less flu cases so they keep people out if hospitals thinking they have covid-19.

I will stick with listening to scientists and doctors vs politicians. Even the POTUS when he was interviewed said it was 5 times as deadly as the flu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
Not true at all . more lethal then what ? since the death numbers are faked and the positive test numbers are fake . just how much more lethal is this . worse then the flu ? maybe maybe not no envidence to prove one way or another since the numbers are so polluted with false stats .
So do you run around during the flu season with a mask ? Do you expect everything to close down every year when the flu's hit ? No vaccine for the flu either just a shot that helps some and hurts others . Spanish flu had 20 million dead in a 2 yr period . if the covid numbers keep up we may end up with a million . no immunity just people who apparently get it and show no signs of it . 6.8 million recovered with some immunity now . . i could go on . Fear rules and the MSM spreads it on thick .
Old 10-01-2020, 07:04 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Yes and no. Sweden opted to go the "herd immunity" route while Spain invoked the harshest lock-down in Europe. Sweden is doing fine. Spain is experiencing the second wave. So just what is the answer?
I don't know if "doing fine" is supported by the facts.

Here's a quote from an article that says Sweden did worse than other Scandinavian countries:

Quote:
"It is clear that not only are the rates of viral infection, hospitalization and mortality [per million population] much higher than those seen in neighboring Scandinavian countries, but also that the time-course of the epidemic in Sweden is different, with continued persistence of higher infection and mortality well beyond the few critical weeks period seen in Denmark, Finland and Norway," said researcher Dr. David Goldsmith, a retired physician in London.
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...-herd-immunity

The last sentence is actually tells as it is:

Quote:
Only a year or two after the pandemic, however, can experts fairly judge what was done correctly, the authors said.

As for what I choose to do? I get a Flu Shot every year. I've also received Pneumonia Vaccine(s). The Army immunized me for things most people have never heard of in this country. I get all booster shots as recommended.

I also wear a mask around other people. Why? Because I can and I choose to follow PROFESSIONAL advice rather than those who refuse to accept conventional wisdom and think everything is a huge government conspiracy.

As for statistics and the layperson, one can use them to make a case for even the most unreasonable position. I recall a comedian one time making the case for Milk being a gateway drug to Cocaine. He said that 100 percent of all Coke Addicts had drunk milk at one time or another in their lives.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 10-01-2020, 07:06 PM   #54
PhD, Common Sense

95% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Old 10-01-2020, 07:20 PM   #55

Nice statistic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
95% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:07 PM   #56
Site Team

Closing circle argument thread.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread