Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 10:17 AM   #21

Social distancing means just that......... social. It does NOT apply to immediate family members......

Try changing a diaper from 6 feet away.............

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Old 04-04-2020, 11:48 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Social distancing means just that......... social. It does NOT apply to immediate family members......

I never had a problem doing that. I stood outside the nursery while my wife changed diapers on our grandkids. No problem

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 04-04-2020, 11:53 AM   #23

Traveling back from western New Mexico we stayed in two private parks that practiced some social distancing but the offices of both parks were open and one who has a cafe on site still offered take out for the evening meal. Both parks closed the showers and restrooms to eliminate the cleaning from their schedule. Laundries were open but no quarters could be purchased.
The park we are in now near Fredericksburg has drive up check in. If no reservations you call number at the gate and do your check in by phone. If you have res's you also call and they open the gate and staff leads you to your site and after you are in the site they leave your packet on the picnic table. They also say any questions just call. Very nice and accommodating. Showers and restrooms closed but laundry open. Only one park with res's called two days before our arrival and said they were closing the park. City owned park.
As to the situation of self contained we are acquainted with three couples, two with fifth wheels, one with motor home that use their bathrooms and toilet areas as closets and storage rooms.

Dave
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Old 04-04-2020, 12:30 PM   #24
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post

I guess you didn't get the jest of my comment.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Old 04-04-2020, 01:05 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
X2. But people will always try to rationalize why what THEY want to do is OK.
That quote nails all of these "deeper" discussions right on! It comes down to conscience vs self-interests. For me, when a campground is considered an essential business, and the campground I want to stay at decides to open and conform STRICTLY according to the rules, then I will go.

I will never put anyone else in danger - neither while staying at my camper vs while staying in my home. I am at a high risk category having had open heart surgery followed by a 2nd surgery right after for a lung infection.

I know I will NEVER put anyone, while at my campground, in any danger of the virus.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:59 PM   #26

We just got back from camping where only self contained rvs were allowed. Basically it meant the restrooms and bathhouses were locked. We paid on line and were never even remotely close to anyone else. There were a lot of people there. Everyone kept their distance.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:14 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcavaiani View Post
I just saw where a MN campsite is allowing only "Self-Contained RVs".

I am not sure what that means/Differs vs. a permanently parked TT or 5th wheel?

That campground will have bathrooms locked (makes sense). Also, wondering if there will be campground water on and sources ?

Any thoughts?
If you are talking about MN State Parks, I think you are incorrect.

What is closed?
The following DNR-managed facilities:
  • Campgrounds, group camps, remote and dispersed camping at all state parks, state forests, and state recreation areas.
https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/covid-19.html

'19 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
'17 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL
Mickey the Rescue Project Schnauzer
Days Camped: '17-39, '18-61, '19-64, '20-38
Old 04-04-2020, 05:41 PM   #28
Lorenc

Self contained

I live in Michigan but winter in SW Florida. I need to get home so we are leaving this Wednesday, I stop two nights on the way so I hope I’ll find a campground in North Ga first night and north Ky second night! I am self-contained but electric would be nice. I have a genny but that’s a pain. I will stay very safe I don’t want to get it or give it! Good luck to all.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:57 PM   #29
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenc View Post
I live in Michigan but winter in SW Florida. I need to get home so we are leaving this Wednesday, I stop two nights on the way so I hope I’ll find a campground in North Ga first night and north Ky second night! I am self-contained but electric would be nice. I have a genny but that’s a pain. I will stay very safe I don’t want to get it or give it! Good luck to all.
We came from FL to PA a little over a week ago and had no issues then. Most private campgrounds are going to a "no contact" check in so be sure to make reservations at the places you want to stay ahead of arrival and you can do everything over the phone or online. Fuel stations were open and busy. Use proper sanitization procedures.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
Old 04-09-2020, 06:39 PM   #30

talked with the owner of the campground where we have our seasonal site. once the water comes on to the units no common area bath house or laundry facility any more. we are in wisconsin and the cg is 95% seasonal
so im sure its the same thing no public restroom or laundry or any common area space
Old 04-09-2020, 06:46 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulltrr View Post
Not even sure why this conversation is going on. The country is in the midsts of a pandemic that has the potential to kill tens of thousands before it’s under control. A pandemic that’s is spread by social interaction. The reason many states have stay at home orders it to slow down the spread. I would love to be camping right now. But the lives of my family,friends and neighbors is more important than spending a week camping unless you have to travel for work stay home
Your critical assumption here is that they are leisurely "camping. Some people live in said mobile units, and are now struggling to find a parking place.
Love & Light!
Old 04-09-2020, 06:54 PM   #32

Motor homes and trailers or 5th wheels are first of all residences. They are entitled to the same rules and respect as people who live in sticks and bricks homes. in most instances it is easier to self isolate in an RV than if you live in a condo, retirement home or row housing. A camper that has full hookups is just a safe as any other residence. In a practical sense, travelers stopping for a night or two, and who follow the social distancing rules are no more at risk than people who live in a house.
Even if the governments want to discourage vacations, they owe it to residents to think it through before such draconian rules. This is especially true for full timers. Stay in place makes no sense if you don;t have a place to stay.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:19 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcavaiani View Post
I just saw where a MN campsite is allowing only "Self-Contained RVs".

I am not sure what that means/Differs vs. a permanently parked TT or 5th wheel?

That campground will have bathrooms locked (makes sense). Also, wondering if there will be campground water on and sources ?

Any thoughts?
We just returned from a 5000 mile trip through several states. What we found was the amenities were closed to the public. We also found full hook-ups. And the laundry areas most generally were open.. some you checked in through the internet and some were fully staffed.
Everyone was cautious and all very nice. We stayed in several KOAs.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:45 PM   #34

distancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
I never had a problem doing that. I stood outside the nursery while my wife changed diapers on our grandkids. No problem
The first day of required social distancing my wife locked me out of the house, and as I was banging on the door she was yelling" Don't you understand what social distancing means?".
Old 04-09-2020, 09:19 PM   #35
Site Team

The site team is being forced to close yet another thread due to some members violating our posting guidelines. These posts and any quotes of them have been removed.

The site team cannot keep babysitting these threads, and are going to take the expedient route of closing threads that require such and suspending members who cause same.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread