Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2021, 09:48 AM   #21

We're vaccinated and mask up when near others because FL is seeing a big resurgence. Just had two grandkids get it after starting school (we were exposed to one of them) and none of us got it. I suggest going forth and living life, whilst taking reasonable precautions.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:54 AM   #22
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
With any mask they do a good job of stopping the airborne droplets/aerosols that carry the virus. Couple that with distance and handwashing, chances of contracting anything is greatly reduced.
Very, very true Mike.

Unfortunately, many folks want black & white. Greatly reduced to them is no protection at all, yet they wear tin foil hats believing it will keep the sky from falling on them.

Vax, no vax... mask, no mask... social distance, don't social distance...everyone has an opinion. I try to look through the BS by reading and listening to those who have devoted their entire lives to providing good medical advice.

It amazes me the amount of folks that will come here asking for advice from a bunch of R/V users and rush out and do whatever that advice is but can't seem to listen to actual doctors and scientists when it comes to COVID.

Nonetheless, while I may not agree, I respect their decisions and I'll continue to try to protect myself and others, best as I can.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:55 AM   #23
Trailer Park Supervisor

To the OP: As someone who nearly died from COVID early on, and has since gotten vax, I'm sure your concerns are for your young children who can't get vax yet. I have concerns about possible transmission to my sick and elderly parents who I have to care for. I addressed that by being tested yesterday after attending the crowded Goshen Indiana FROG rally last week, before I go over their house again.

If you are outside/in your own camper, don't sweat it. I'm still avoiding steamy bath houses that have high traffic, thankfully RV's have their own facilities. If you find yourself in a crowded outdoor area, you can throw masks on. Although unless everyone else is masked up, I'm not sure how beneficial this is, as the masks are more intended to help protect 'the other guy'. I still wear it in public indoor areas like grocery stores though.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 01:59 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
With any mask they do a good job of stopping the airborne droplets/aerosols that carry the virus.
No. Anything other than an N95 mask doesn't do a good job of stopping airborne aerosols. The crappy little masks everyone wears stop very large droplets which are the droplets that don't suspend in air very long (least dangerous) do very little to stop small airborne particles. We test masks at work...no-one passed an aerosol test without an N95.
Old 08-27-2021, 02:15 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank View Post
Anybody been to the Smokies lately? We're looking to go (have reservations at Elkmont) over memorial weekend. Wife is nervous. Justified?
The OP wanted info regarding a proposed trip on Memorial Day weekend which was in May. Therefore, most of the recent posts are off topic. Yes, I know… members want to discuss any topic beyond the intent of the thread.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 02:17 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
The OP wanted info regarding a proposed trip on Memorial Day weekend which was in May. Therefore, most of the recent posts are off topic. Yes, I know… members want to discuss any topic beyond the intent of the thread.
This is true. For what it's worth we went and we enjoyed ourselves. however we missed the synchronized fireflies by just a few days.
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 08:46 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
X2

I thought the same thing when I was reading the thread and then read your refreshing comment. A months old thread was brought alive only to morph into a covid conversation.
Backcountryboondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 08:57 PM   #28
Trailer Park Supervisor

Oooops. Had to scroll all the way back to post #10 to witness the resurrection!
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 07:57 AM   #29

Oops, #10 restarted it! Send him/her/their to the woodshed LOL.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:09 AM   #30
FLY4FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybeck2018 View Post
Drove through the area recently and talked to some locals. Very few masks seen in convenience stores or restaurant/fast food spots. The Tennessee state government is inept just like so many others here in the south. Folks, this is not "just the flu". Please get vaccinated and wear a mask. Think of your fellow citizens and not just your "personal freedom". Smokies are nice but we won't be risking our vaccinated lives by associating in mass crowds etc with those who could care less.
...interesting: "inept just like so many others here in the south." Can't imagine the horrors of living or camping in the midst of "ineptness".
14apex is offline   Reply With Quote