RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-12-2021, 05:19 PM   #21

We arrived in the Rio Grand Valley Jan 7. We are quarantining in our camper for 14 days as per campground rules. We did go out and get a Covid 19 test today and if the results come back negative we will be good to go. I don't think some people understand what it means to quarantine. Once you leave the safety of the campground you could have been exposed again. Everyone has to at least leave to go to the market. Some seem to think that once the 14 days is up your OK to run around without a mask. Doesn't work that way. Just like going to get tested doesn't really mean anything. I could test negative and still be sick days later. There is no certainty with this virus. Stay safe everyone and Wear the Damn mask.
camper70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:31 PM   #22

We arrived in the Rio Grand Valley on Jan 7. We are in a 14 day quarantine on our site per campground rules or until a negative test. We went out and got a Covid 19 test today. I don't think most people under stand the concept of quarantine. Once you leave the campground you should have to quarantine all over. Everybody has to go to the market at some point so you could be exposed again. You cannot run around without a mask if you or anyone left the safety of the campground.. The same is true of the test. I could test negative and still be sick days later. There is no certainty with this virus. I will not be around any maskless individuals. This is not a political statement just facts. Stay safe everyone and just wear the Damn mask.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:35 PM   #23

Camper70, glad you had a safe trip when we go form PA to Texas it is just short of 2000 one way for us. I am sure you will enjoy the warm that is the main reason we all go south anyway.
We stay at Aransas Pass & Rockport Texas have stayed in the valley only once for two weeks. My brother lives full time in an RV park in Rockport Texas before that they had a house in Corpus Christi Texas but now live in their RV full time his eye site is bad so they stopped traveling.

Again have fun stay safe I go to my oncologist Monday hope my Acute Leukemia is still dormant I am trying to cut back on the daily chemo pills that block it the chemo pills are trashing my heart.

I hope we can go south for 2022 if so we will probably go to South Texas again.
brucec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:45 PM   #24

I hope your appointment goes well for you on Monday. We sometimes think we have our own problems and often find our's are nothing compared to someone else's. Good Luck !
This is our fourth year coming to the RGV since we retired. I can't stand winter anymore.Our first visit to Texas we stayed in Rockport for a few days. We saw the Fulton Mansion which was under some repairs and visited Corpus Christi. We would like to get back sometime to see if they finished the restoration work on the Mansion.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:53 PM   #25

Well hopefully we will make it down next winter and I will let you know. If it were not for this virus I would hook up after my DR visit and head down to Florida.

I had a stem cell transplant saved my life so far but must take anti-rejection medicine daily and that lowers my immune system. I am blessed though my wife of now 48 years is a retired RN.
brucec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:28 PM   #26

I hope we make it next year also. That would be great to meet up. Sounds like you have been through a lot. Hope you keep your spirits up and continue the battle. Hope to see you next year.

Tags
snow