Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2021, 05:19 PM   #21

We arrived in the Rio Grand Valley Jan 7. We are quarantining in our camper for 14 days as per campground rules. We did go out and get a Covid 19 test today and if the results come back negative we will be good to go. I don't think some people understand what it means to quarantine. Once you leave the safety of the campground you could have been exposed again. Everyone has to at least leave to go to the market. Some seem to think that once the 14 days is up your OK to run around without a mask. Doesn't work that way. Just like going to get tested doesn't really mean anything. I could test negative and still be sick days later. There is no certainty with this virus. Stay safe everyone and Wear the Damn mask.
camper70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:31 PM   #22

We arrived in the Rio Grand Valley on Jan 7. We are in a 14 day quarantine on our site per campground rules or until a negative test. We went out and got a Covid 19 test today. I don't think most people under stand the concept of quarantine. Once you leave the campground you should have to quarantine all over. Everybody has to go to the market at some point so you could be exposed again. You cannot run around without a mask if you or anyone left the safety of the campground.. The same is true of the test. I could test negative and still be sick days later. There is no certainty with this virus. I will not be around any maskless individuals. This is not a political statement just facts. Stay safe everyone and just wear the Damn mask.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:35 PM   #23

Camper70, glad you had a safe trip when we go form PA to Texas it is just short of 2000 one way for us. I am sure you will enjoy the warm that is the main reason we all go south anyway.
We stay at Aransas Pass & Rockport Texas have stayed in the valley only once for two weeks. My brother lives full time in an RV park in Rockport Texas before that they had a house in Corpus Christi Texas but now live in their RV full time his eye site is bad so they stopped traveling.

Again have fun stay safe I go to my oncologist Monday hope my Acute Leukemia is still dormant I am trying to cut back on the daily chemo pills that block it the chemo pills are trashing my heart.

I hope we can go south for 2022 if so we will probably go to South Texas again.
Brucecav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:45 PM   #24

I hope your appointment goes well for you on Monday. We sometimes think we have our own problems and often find our's are nothing compared to someone else's. Good Luck !
This is our fourth year coming to the RGV since we retired. I can't stand winter anymore.Our first visit to Texas we stayed in Rockport for a few days. We saw the Fulton Mansion which was under some repairs and visited Corpus Christi. We would like to get back sometime to see if they finished the restoration work on the Mansion.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:53 PM   #25

Well hopefully we will make it down next winter and I will let you know. If it were not for this virus I would hook up after my DR visit and head down to Florida.

I had a stem cell transplant saved my life so far but must take anti-rejection medicine daily and that lowers my immune system. I am blessed though my wife of now 48 years is a retired RN.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:28 PM   #26

I hope we make it next year also. That would be great to meet up. Sounds like you have been through a lot. Hope you keep your spirits up and continue the battle. Hope to see you next year.
Old 01-21-2021, 08:58 AM   #27

Start of a sad day here in our house. Just got off the phone with the Gal at the rv park we were due to be at the end of February. She was very understanding of our decision not to travel this winter and was able to carry our reservation and deposit over to 2022 for the same time frame.
Going to miss seeing our Son, Daughter-in-law and Grandkids at the Navy Base. For me, I'm really going to miss fishing in the Keys this year.
We were really back and forth on this the past few months but we both agreed with sad hearts that this is what we need to do.
Guess I'll be on here instead of throwing my bait out into the Gulf.
badger5301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:43 PM   #28

Sorry to here that badger5301 but you live to fish another day. Any chance you may get your vaccine and then go after that.
Old 01-21-2021, 03:36 PM   #29

With my age 61, the way it looks in our area here in Iowa I may have access to the vaccine by mid summer. Seems that the process is going very slow. Once it gets warm around here we stay busy going to local campgrounds/lakes. Not big water fishing but it's still fun.
Think we'll leave way early next winter and hit a few of the places further north then head to our spot in the Keys. Always fun to plan ahead.
Both retired and loving life
Old 02-04-2021, 09:28 PM   #30

Since we made the decision to stay home this winter I have had to plow snow five times and we are currently in a blizzard now. Thinking we should have not been such big chickens and just headed out to let someone else worry about the snow removal. Been in the shed numerous times today, every time I was out there I just stood there staring at the fifth wheel thinking we should be getting her packed up for the migration. Then I come back down to earth and realize we're just going to have to wait till spring. Think the next few months are going to be very, very long.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:11 PM   #31

Just thought I would share. Received my first dose today and the Wife gets her second dose in the morning. As trivial as it seems, after I got my shot this morning, it seems maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:24 AM   #32

Badger, we were only at the Key's one in 2002 with our 1st 5th stayed at Blue Water Key RV Resort right at the beginning of Key West still was the nicest RV site we ever had. Would thing you could not even get the RV out of your area at the end of Feb why so you wait so late to leave.

I wanted to come to Florida 2021/2022 always wanted to stay at forget the name now the RV Park near the everglades on the Indian Reservation. But the DW wants to go back to south Texas and we know who gets their way.

I have have had so many issues had broke my ankle had two plates, eight screws and two pins in that. Then had two back surgeries 1st they removed two discs L4 & L5 could not walk before but did walk again after. Then my wife had to fly home from Texas forget the year guess around 2016 I the brought the 5th home myself from Texas. Last month in Texas end of Feb was having abdominal pain blamed it on my back surgeries so left end of March got close to the TN boarder stayed that night woke up thought I had that stomach virus. Felt better after say an hour so thought I will just go down the road say 100 miles. Got into TN felt real sick to my stomach that was the last thing I remember. Just got into TN on I81 passed out completely that section of I81 had a large hill between the 4 lanes thank god. I was told I went across the fast lane went traveled along the bank knocking down around six to 10 pine trees and coming to a stop.

Someone woke me up I was wondering what happened glass all over my front seat. The man that woke me up was saying are you OK I said I guess then after say 10 minutes I told him well I am pulling out of there he looked to me and said I am an off duty ENT you better stay here besides you have a tire issue.

When I got out of my truck I new the truck and Rv were totaled ripped the rear axle out from under the truck tour the RV apart but thank god the wife was not with me and no one else was involved. I was not hurt at all guess because I was totally passed out.

Long story short I did not get into the ambulance as I had my cat and guns in the RV the TN state cop that was there saw my military DOD stickers on the truck and was vert nice to me. Went with the tow truck driver to a hotel my son and law and wife came down. I went home with them a week later got real sick again went to my DR he sent me to the hospital seemed I had a bad infection in my large intestines wound up getting 18 inches taken out. 5 years later still get bad abdominal pain from that surgery it started out as robotic surgery near the end they were ready to staple my intestines back together the stapler slipped so they had to cut me open to finish.

Think I was an experiment but I never said a thing to the doctors just figured they probably saved my life.

Anyway then got my Acute B-Cell Leukemia but still alive....

Looking forward to heading we hope to south Texas but I would still rather go to south FL we have reservations in Rockport TX from Dec 1st through the end of March 2022 hope it comes to pass. Had both vaccine shots through the VA but since I take anti-rejection medicine daily because of my stem cell transplant that lowers my immune system so they are not sure how much the vaccine will help me.

As long as we are able to we ARE going tom south Texas I also surf fish there. Our seasonal RV park opens up April 15th at Raystown Lake here in Pa so I take the Rv there and stay most of the time there have a pontoon boat and love to fish.

Stay safe life sure is Sweet in your RV. Semper fi
Old 03-25-2021, 07:27 AM   #33

Camper70 hope you ave a safe trip back north stay safe I am sure wou enjoyed your winter in the warm.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:52 AM   #34

Wow Bruce, don't take this wrong but you are a true inspiration. We changed our plans due to a few "what-ifs" then after reading your post I feel like such a pansy. My Wife does not get on this site but I am sure going to share your story with her.
We only do a month down south due to three of the grandkids that live close by stay here quite often in the winter. Grandma makes a very handy sitter for them and she's pretty proud of that. Our trips seem to get longer each year so maybe in the near future we can turn our month into months.
We only started our winter get a way trips when our oldest son started getting stationed with the Coast Guard in Louisiana and now Florida. Gives us a chance to hang out with them and the other three grandkids plus get out of the Iowa winter for a while. He's due for a change of station a year from this coming July so we hope he draws some place in the south again. We always talk about Texas and Arizona so with some luck maybe he will be sent that direction.
Really missed going to the Keys this winter but we are now enjoying a bit warmer weather and many of the migratory birds are back so summer is getting close.
I will hope and pray that your health stays such that you and the wife can continue your trips to Texas. You take care and always remember that there's someone out there that you don't know pulling for you.
Oh, I don't have the honor of ending with "Semper FI" but I will end with "AIRBORNE"
Old 03-25-2021, 08:48 AM   #35

Badger, was not complaining just letting others not to let handicaps hold you back from RVing. We have been blessed to have traveled all around the USA 3 times last big trip was 12,000 miles without getting our 1st RV in 2002 we would have never seen SOOOOO many places across the USA.
When they told me I had 3 to 4 months to live without a stem cell transplant the 1st thing I though was glad we did not say maybe someday and went on the 1st big trip despite my issues forgot I am also basically deaf without my hearing aids and my wife says deaf with them also when I want to be

SO for those reading this do not say maybe some day JUST DO IT
Old 03-25-2021, 09:37 AM   #36

Quote:
SO for those reading this do not say maybe some day JUST DO IT
THX so much for your service and this story... I am going to JUST DO IT

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 04:20 PM   #37

Bruce - X2 - thanks for sharing your story.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 04:26 PM   #38

Arizona just lowered the eligibility age for the Covid vaccine to 16. I received my first dose on Tuesday, and have the appointment for the second dose on April 13th.

My only complaint about the vaccine is that, despite the rumors that were being spread, it has not altered my DNA, and I have not developed any mutant superpowers.

The only side-effect to the first dose was a slightly sore shoulder around the injection site, similar to how a bruise might feel. Even that is almost all but gone now.

2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ
2005 Toyota Sequoia
Hoomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:00 AM   #39

No activity on this thread for almost a month but thought I would post an update anyway. Received my 2nd shot last week and was told by the pharmacy not to be surprised if I get contacted for a booster as soon as six months to a year.
The day of the 2nd shot I was fine but the two and half days afterwards I felt I'd been hit by a truck with the aches and pains. Doing ok now but was really hoping it was a two shot deal and done. Guess I should have known better.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:06 PM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger5301 View Post
No activity on this thread for almost a month but thought I would post an update anyway. Received my 2nd shot last week and was told by the pharmacy not to be surprised if I get contacted for a booster as soon as six months to a year.
The day of the 2nd shot I was fine but the two and half days afterwards I felt I'd been hit by a truck with the aches and pains. Doing ok now but was really hoping it was a two shot deal and done. Guess I should have known better.
Well, we had our 2nd Pfizer shot a week and a half ago. We are fortunate that we had no side affects at all.
I'm 67 and the DW is 65 so we thought we would get something. But luckily, we didn't.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
snow