Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 03:23 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtPutnam View Post
With thousands dying, you are boasting about wandering around. All I can say is WIW - just plain WOW.

X2
There’s no point adding any more. Clearly some people just aren’t getting it. The fact that he hopes it ends soon was a nice ironic finale...
Old 03-29-2020, 03:28 PM   #82

My friend is the head of one of the largest medical groups in San Diego. He just sent out an email to all of his friends including me. It is pretty sobering.

He outlined a whole bunch of things we should all be doing. One of which is something I am actually not doing probably as well as I should be.
Quote:
Leave only if absolutely necessary and head straight back as soon as your errand is completed

We have been gong out walking a lot but we don't go to any places where there are many people also walking.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:40 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlinon View Post
I never thought that America would give up there freedoms for the government to just keep them safe.
When you were in school did you ever have to memorize the Preamble to the Constitution?

The founders of our country believed that one of the roles of a government was "to promote the general welfare". If temporarily limiting peoples ability to spread a disease certainly falls under that category.

Quote:
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
It's not always about one giving up or being denied their personal freedoms, in cases like this it's about protecting the rights of the rest of the population.

When one talks of "freedoms" and "rights" no doubt they have the Constitution in mind. Don't just use part of it but rather use ALL of it.

Specifically to the topic, Government is right now trying to save as many lives as possible. Maybe some people need to wake up to that fact.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 03-29-2020, 03:41 PM   #84

Quote:
Lets see, I got up this morning and went to church along with 50 other people. Me and wife went to a seafood restaurant to eat, unfortunately we had to eat in the truck. Went to Tractor Supply to buy some horse treats so granddaughter can feed the horses next week, a neighbor has horses. Went to Walmart along with at least 200 people or more, had to buy weed killer and ant killer. Stopped by a local vendor selling fresh strawberries. Got home, then went to graveyard to kill fire ants. Home now. Still planning on a trip to Indiana April 17, unless the president shuts everything down. I like to eat at Rise n Roll. Probably all takeout now, anyway that’s worth the trip. Also the Blue Gate is probably takeout or maybe not by then. Hopefully all this will be over soon.

Surely you are not as cold hearted as that post proves that you are?????

What is the matter with you?? You are publicly stating to everyone here, and who knows where else, that you are smarter than any doctor, than any government official, and you are so full of yourself that you are not going to change anything for anybody.

Lord, I pray this guy is 4 states away from me.

Government rules or no government rules, I ain't going out of my yard for several months. Maybe longer.

Good grief. We live in Bizarro World.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
Old 03-29-2020, 03:45 PM   #85

Quote:
Lets see, I got up this morning and went to church along with 50 other people. Me and wife went to a seafood restaurant to eat, unfortunately we had to eat in the truck. Went to Tractor Supply to buy some horse treats so granddaughter can feed the horses next week, a neighbor has horses. Went to Walmart along with at least 200 people or more, had to buy weed killer and ant killer. Stopped by a local vendor selling fresh strawberries. Got home, then went to graveyard to kill fire ants. Home now. Still planning on a trip to Indiana April 17, unless the president shuts everything down. I like to eat at Rise n Roll. Probably all takeout now, anyway that’s worth the trip. Also the Blue Gate is probably takeout or maybe not by then. Hopefully all this will be over soon.
And your point is?

Seems like irresponsible acts are common.
https://abc11.com/nc-man-accused-of-...id-19/6058741/
Old 03-29-2020, 06:36 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
I have a friend who also is in NC that is in denial. He interestingly enough, is changing his mind though!
As of 5 pm on Monday, North Carolinians who follow travlinon's example will be committing a misdemeanor. May not be fully enforced, but we'll see. Getting public health menaces off the street is an admirable goal.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
Old 03-29-2020, 06:59 PM   #87
Site Team

The site team has closed this thread for review of guidelines violations.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Closed Thread