Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2020, 05:04 PM   #1

Some not encouraging news--

It appears that the Dakota's are at the top if the list WORLDWIDE for Covid-19 death rate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...?ocid=msedgdhp

Between "Sturgis" and failure to cancel State Fair it's believed that the Virus has spread widely.

Some feel that this Fall may be worse than anything we saw this Spring.

Note the comment in the article about "Alergic to being told what to do" when it comes to taking precautions (like wearing masks).

As the old saying goes, "some learn by reading and listening. Other's just have to pee on the fence for themselves". That might be one thing if you're challenging your younger brother but with Covid it might be far more lethal.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 11-14-2020, 05:17 PM   #2

I think your signature says it all... "A wise man can change his mind. A fool never will."

We're losing health care workers and it's not always the virus. We know someone who is on hospice and has a health care worker come into the home. Her mother (75 years old) was still working as a health care worker until her family finally convinced her to retire because of the risk to her health.

This virus is just trying to survive and we're helping it spread. Apparently we've got a lot of 'fools'.
Old 11-14-2020, 05:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
I think your signature says it all... "A wise man can change his mind. A fool never will."

We're losing health care workers and it's not always the virus. We know someone who is on hospice and has a health care worker come into the home. Her mother (75 years old) was still working as a health care worker until her family finally convinced her to retire because of the risk to her health.

This virus is just trying to survive and we're helping it spread. Apparently we've got a lot of 'fools'.
Another old saying:
"Those Who Do Not Learn History Are Doomed To Repeat It ..."

An appropriate example would be how Philadelphia and St Louis handled the Spanish Flu Pandemic in 1918. How they dealt with it in two extremely different ways and the far different outcomes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1906625/

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 11-14-2020, 05:49 PM   #4

This topic is going to get a wide range of responses.

I don’t know if you can see me shaking my head in disbelief but I am. I’m thankful that I live in a state where the governor takes the advice of experienced scientists and doctors and not untrained, inexperienced politicians. She initiated a statewide lockdown and masks early that has saved thousands of lives only to be sued by republicans that run the Senate. The sad news is they won.

Unfortunately our positive cases and deaths are now on the rise. If a national plan was put in place back in March or April, cases and deaths would be lower, the economy would be in better shape and we would all be in a better place waiting for the promised vaccine.

Some want to believe what they want to believe. The heck with science and caring for your fellow man.

Still shaking my head.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:18 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funengineer View Post
This topic is going to get a wide range of responses.

Maybe not. The site team is going to close this thread while we discuss it's merits and if anything is different from this thread than the many others already started in this subtopic.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread