Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2020, 07:50 PM   #1

The COVID-19 RV Show and Parade

Everyone scheduled to fly down to Fort Myers to spend time with Betsy either cancelled or got cancelled. She wanted to just come home but I really didn't want her to fly and I didn't really want to fly down there either. Our RV is in Florida too and I was planning on flying down in April to drive it back.

So off I go, pack up my truck and the dog and drive the 1,500 miles as fast as I can with eating and just surviving on the coffee drinks I brought with me. Packed up all of the gear I needed, some hand sanitizer and the dog.

First 30 minutes of the drive, the guy towing his boat in front of me gets a blow out on the trailer at 70 MPH. CT, NY, NJ, roll the windows up and keep on driving.

Driving through VA, an 18 wheeler blows a tire and the rim comes off. We all dodged it except one guy.

SC, truck tire skin in the road and the truck in front of me hits it and I couldn't avoid it. Only ran over the edge and it flapped up and hit my foot board. No damage.

The good news, so far I have not had to touch anything except the stuff I brought with me. The one men's room that I stopped at had automatic sliding doors. I still lathered up with hand sanitizer though, before and after.

About half way through SC, I finally noticed the RV show and Parade. Motorhomes, Fifth Wheels, Travel Trailers, RPods, Tear Drops and Truck Campers. I would guess there was one RV for every 10 cars. It was non stop for 4-5 hours until I got off I-95 and headed West. Got to see a lot of nice rigs. Needless to say, I didn't make good time watching all the RVs heading North.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 06:38 AM   #2

Sounds like a man on a mission, stay safe and hope the return trip is as well. Lums Pond State park near us in Bear De. is still open just incase you need to look for a stop, all full hook up sites but they are all back in, also a Passport America campground good on weekdays
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 12:53 PM   #3

Thanks, not really sure when we are coming back though.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show