RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 09:54 PM   #21

This is from the cdc website. Yes flu cases should be down because of the precautions but dowm 99.99995%
Both COVID-19 and flu can spread from person to person, between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet). Both are spread mainly by droplets made when people with the illness (COVID-19 or flu) cough, sneeze, or talk. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

It may be possible that a person can get infected by physical human contact (for example, shaking hands) or by touching a surface or object that has virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.

Both flu virus and the virus that causes COVID-19 may be spread to others by people before they begin showing symptoms; by people with very mild symptoms; and by people who never developed symptoms (asymptomatic).

Differences:
While COVID-19 and flu viruses are thought to spread in similar ways, COVID-19 is more contagious among certain populations and age groups than flu. Also, COVID-19 has been observed to have more superspreading events than flu. This means the virus that causes COVID-19 can quickly and easily spread to a lot of people and result in continuous spreading among people as time progresses.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:45 PM   #22
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawatt View Post
photo is likely a previous year just to stir things up. lots of fake news out there. can't believe a lot you see online.
click on photo. It has current time date stamp.
Old 02-05-2021, 02:13 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
click on photo. It has current time date stamp.
That's the time/date stamp from the post. Not when the photo was taken.
Old 02-05-2021, 02:15 PM   #24
Site Team

Here's an article with the same exact picture from 2019.

https://racer.com/2019/02/07/king-of...appropriation/
Old 02-05-2021, 02:24 PM   #25
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
That's the time/date stamp from the post. Not when the photo was taken.
You are good! I thought that was a photo time stamp. Pawatt, I stand corrected!
Old 02-15-2021, 04:41 PM   #26

Smile

Quote:
The Covid safety precautions are likely the reason why flu cases are down so much. Wearing masks, staying inside, staying socially distant, etc...

I believe that Covid is much more contagious.
Or are the flu deaths being counted as COVID?
Old 02-16-2021, 09:53 AM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgpigeon View Post
Or are the flu deaths being counted as COVID?
I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on TV but my actual doctor told me that it is possible to get the flu AND Covid at the same time.

So I imagine if someone got both and died it might could as a Covid death. I would think it would be difficult to tell exactly which disease was the cause. Although I admit that I'm not knowledgeable enough to say that for sure.

That said, people still died of the flu in the past year. Just not as many as years past because of all the precautions that we've had in place.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:10 AM   #28

Quote:
I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on TV but my actual doctor told me that it is possible to get the flu AND Covid at the same time.

So I imagine if someone got both and died it might could as a Covid death. I would think it would be difficult to tell exactly which disease was the cause. Although I admit that I'm not knowledgeable enough to say that for sure.

That said, people still died of the flu in the past year. Just not as many as years past because of all the precautions that we've had in place.
I understand what you are saying about the COVID and the Flu. However, I also am not a doctor nor do I want to be one, I just look at the stats. We did not have a 90% +/- drop in flu cases in one year when most of us could not go see a doctor. Even if you believe that the masks would have helped and I am sure it has. It just looks like from the the numbers that most deaths are being attributed to COVID no matter what they may have died of. I bet the overall deaths from heart attack and everything else also went way down... In fact the overall deaths in the US form everything will probably not have changed all that much. If someone dies in a traffic accident but tests positive for COVID... I think bottom line, report the deaths accurately so we all know what is happening around us so we may make our own best decisions. Thanks for a conversation.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:36 AM   #29
Trailer Park Supervisor

I am willing to bet the number of actual COVID deaths is an UNDERCOUNT. There were many deaths around my parts early on that weren't even tested due to lack of testing. We will soon have lost more Americans in just over a year than all the Americans lost during WW1 and WW2 combined. I'm glad to see overall numbers are falling, but it ain't over yet, be careful out there, stay safe.

**For the record, I'm a COVID survivor who had a very rough go of it at age 54 and in pretty good health. One of the very few times in my life I thought I might die.
Old 02-19-2021, 11:39 AM   #30

Quote:
The Covid safety precautions are likely the reason why flu cases are down so much. Wearing masks, staying inside, staying socially distant, etc...

I believe that Covid is much more contagious.

Read your post and about spit my coffee all over the lap top lmao . since masks work so well why covid cases and deaths so high .
Old 02-19-2021, 11:49 AM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
Read your post and about spit my coffee all over the lap top lmao . since masks work so well why covid cases and deaths so high .
Because the masks and precautions only work when people actually, you know... use them.

There were (and still are) a whole lot of people out there not wearing masks and not taking any precautions that are spreading it around.

Here are some examples:
https://nypost.com/article/what-is-a...tion-examples/
Old 02-19-2021, 12:27 PM   #32
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Because the masks and precautions only work when people actually, you know... use them.

There were (and still are) a whole lot of people out there not wearing masks and not taking any precautions that are spreading it around.

Here are some examples:
Absolutely correct.

Unfortunately, along with those who don't follow protocol, wear masks and take precautions will soon be those whom have been vaccinated and believe they no longer need to follow any precautions because they've been vaccinated. It has been proven a vaccinated person can still be a carrier and spread the disease regardless.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '18=51 '19=58 '20=110 '21=60
Old 02-19-2021, 03:23 PM   #33

Quote:

Here are some examples:

Well that really blows your theory of why the Flu is way way down then doesn't it ? gotta love the reasoning the flu is down because everyone is wearing masks and social distancing but covid is up because not everyone is wearing masks or social distancing .
I would also say your ny post is well not very trust worthy or are they noted as truth tellers . super spreader event like all the riots all summer long ?
Old 02-19-2021, 03:57 PM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
Well that really blows your theory of why the Flu is way way down then doesn't it ? gotta love the reasoning the flu is down because everyone is wearing masks and social distancing but covid is up because not everyone is wearing masks or social distancing .
I would also say your ny post is well not very trust worthy or are they noted as truth tellers . super spreader event like all the riots all summer long ?
It's likely because Covid is so much more contagious than the flu.

Also the fact that we've had a flu vaccine for years vs. the Covid vaccine which literally just came out.

Very simple explanations.

I've also read that school-aged children are believed to be common spreaders of the flu every year. With so many schools doing remote learning, it's caused the numbers to go down as well.
Old 02-19-2021, 04:46 PM   #35

Quote:
It's likely because Covid is so much more contagious than the flu.

Also the fact that we've had a flu vaccine for years vs. the Covid vaccine which literally just came out.

Very simple explanations.

I've also read that school-aged children are believed to be common spreaders of the flu every year. With so many schools doing remote learning, it's caused the numbers to go down as well.
Simple explanations to avoid the truth and facts . yep just keep telling yourself that. there is so much wrong with your hypothesis i don't have the time or the inclination to get into it .
Old 02-19-2021, 04:52 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Simple explanations to avoid the truth and facts . yep just keep telling yourself that. there is so much wrong with your hypothesis i don't have the time or the inclination to get into it .
Yep... been down this road before with people that like to make up their own truth and facts. It never ends well.

And with that, I think we've hijacked this thread enough. I'm out.
Closed Thread

Tags
led