Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2020, 08:22 PM   #1

Warranty extensions because of virus

Our warranty expires on 4/25. Our state is on stay at home. Even if it wasn’t, because of age and illness we would self-isolate. Our dealer is 1.5 hrs away. We have multiple repairs to be done. How should we go about trying to get an extension on our warranty until we can safely leave our homes. Also, our RV is stored on a military base where employees are testing positive. So they are starting to restrict access. We couldn’t get the TT into the dealer before March. We were traveling and when we got home in late fall we took turns going to the hospital. We are not procrastinators.
GrandmaX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:25 PM   #2

Did you try calling the factory and explain what is happening? I would try that first.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:48 PM   #3

Or call your dealer first, explain what is going on with you, your state lock-down, and the military base where your trailer is stored, and ask them to intercede with the factory for you. If they ever want to sell you another unit, they might just try to get the warranty extended for you.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:58 PM   #4
Canadian Member

I would ask FR to document and cover the items you have already found and pay for the fixes later this year. They may not want to extend the warranty for everything though.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:54 PM   #5

warranty

I was in Florida for 2 months. Upon arrival my air conditioner would not cool. Called my dealer and called Dometic. My warranty is up the first week of may. Dometic gave me a few phone numbers for someone to look at it. I called and emailed several. No response. My dealer called back and I decided to let them take care of it when I return to Chicago. Dropped off the TT at the dealer on 3/16/20 . Checked on the status and found out they where forced to close. I called again no response. I hope they started the warranty process when I dropped it off.
brianmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:32 AM   #6

Extending Warranty

Hi!
Our Chaparral warranty expires in late May and all the way home from FL back to Canada I tried to get an appointment for furnace and HWT issues. I had to cancel the last chance appointment in MN because of the Virus. In fact the Forest River contact advised me to "Get on home!" Also the FR dealer closed its doors and advised me accordingly. I have e-mailed my contact at Forest River and hope to get a response back with direction on what to do. I wouldn't be surprised if they advised me to PURCHASE an extended plan!!
ross0547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:52 AM   #7
Citrus County, Fl.

I read yesterday that Winnebago is extending their warranties 2 months for those that expire in April and May. Hopefully FR will follow suit.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:31 PM   #8

Contact issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross0547 View Post
Hi!
Our Chaparral warranty expires in late May and all the way home from FL back to Canada I tried to get an appointment for furnace and HWT issues. I had to cancel the last chance appointment in MN because of the Virus. In fact the Forest River contact advised me to "Get on home!" Also the FR dealer closed its doors and advised me accordingly. I have e-mailed my contact at Forest River and hope to get a response back with direction on what to do. I wouldn't be surprised if they advised me to PURCHASE an extended plan!!
I have tried calling FR. Some lines are shut down. I left a message with Mr Yoder in Flagstaff sales but no reply. He is the only phone # that actually had a number working. Would you mind sharing your contact with me so I can try them. No dealer response. Just want this documented before warranty expires. Thank you.
GrandmaX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:10 PM   #9

Document all the repairs that need to be done in writing and state that in accordance with the stay at home order and facility closures you are awaiting appointment from the repair facility. Send registered mail copies to everyone associated, including FR and various possible repair facilities. Matter is out of your hands especially if they aren't willing/able to schedule repairs.
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:09 PM   #10

Warranty Service Far from Home

Hi!
I have written to Coachmen/Forest River on their website about what happens when many of us cannot get to a dealer to have warranty work done. Stay tuned to see IF I get a reply.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:42 PM   #11
Citrus County, Fl.

REV group to extend warranty coverage

This extended goodwill repair coverage will provide all the same benefits under the terms of the original express limited warranty and will automatically extend for 60 days beyond any warranty expiration dates in March, April, or May. Any requests for repairs under this extended coverage will be honored through July 31.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 03:49 PM   #12

Warranty Extensions

Good News indeed about extended warranties. I hear back immediately from Forest River with assurance that they would honour any warranty-related work needing to be done. They advised customers to contact the specific branch that carries the particular models. MY concern, which we've heard before is that many Dealers close to home will NOT honour the Warranty unless the RV is bought from them!
Old 04-11-2020, 12:45 PM   #13

Waiting on Parts (warranty)

My RV has been sitting at the dealer for the past 2 months. They say that the parts were ordered back in Feb. but that they haven't been shipped due to COVID 19. It's a brand new camper, and it's sitting in their lot waiting on parts that they should have been able to secure by now. It's frustrating. I understand a national emergency and all, but I'm still getting part shipments for my Kubota equipment...

This is a large dealership (NOT CAMPING WORLD) and I'd think they would have some connections?
Rowdy 54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty