Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2020, 06:56 PM   #41

I decided this was a good year to start a garden with everything so unsettled. I’m also doing a lot more baking and cooking- from scratch. It feels like we are regressing to a bygone era again, which may be a good thing. I had been planning a kitchen and home renovation project for months. All the appliances and marble slabs are purchased. Now, it’s on hold for who knows how long. I can’t risk having sick workers in my home. The cabinet supplier shut down too. So, I bought an electric mtn bike last week instead and and loving it. The trails around here are all open.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:17 PM   #42

Routine: get up at 6am, read and drink a couple cups of coffee until 8am, take the dog for a 2.5 mile walk by then it’s 9am and I have the rest of the day to do whatever. Whatever includes laundry and cleaning (my wife is still working until July) with spring here there’s the yard to mow and a few small landscaping projects. I’m also Designing and building pull out drawers for the pantry in our FR3. All things that keep me home and isolated during this pandemic.
“Don’t take life too seriously...Nobody gets out alive anyway”
rickemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:38 PM   #43

Working from home. Setting up our new 2019 Cherokee 274rk. I made fishing pole holders and created an access panel to the water heater next to the bed so I don’t have to climb under the bed to turn bypass valves. Hung the TV. Next is a shake down of all systems so when we do go in our first trip I can be confident I won’t be chasing and of the new unit blues.. I am also helping my son build an 88 Monte Carlo and we are putting a new transmission in my 69 chevelle.. we have plenty to keep us busy.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:28 AM   #44
Just a member

Shovelling snow! And the way it's looking on the radar, I'm gonna need to fire up the snowblower tomorrow! Overnight lows near -20C later this week.

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:14 AM   #45

1.Watching my stock prices sinking like a rock in the south CHINA sea!

2.Pruning and sawing trees on our wooded lot to get away from above statement.

3.Performed maintenance on truck and trailer in hopes of using this summer AND to get away from #1 above.
USN 76-82
Retired Dept of Navy: Navy/USMC Flt Test Engineer
Splashes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:49 AM   #46

If any of you all can stay at home want to come to my house...... and clean out the garage, basement, work on cars, wash cars, cut trees, build a deck or paint. We have plenty to do but no time as always....

We have to work

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:09 AM   #47

Cooking Eating, Drinking, fixing things, but also Going Camping.

We are just as isolated in our camper and truck as at home.............Why Not?
Old 03-31-2020, 06:09 AM   #48

Finishing my porch porticoClick image for larger version

Name:	20200129_164141.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	226044Click image for larger version

Name:	20200327_111920.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	226045Click image for larger version

Name:	20200328_195910.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	226046
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:17 AM   #49

Working. Virginia was just placed on a “ Stay-at-Home Order”, but being a service plumber, I am still going house-to-house (about ten per day) because somebody has to do it. I am just as worried about getting sick as the next guy is, but I have customers who rely on me and need me. I am spending a lot of money on PPE and sanitation to protect myself and my customers. I am also keeping very accurate records of exactly where I have been and what I have done.

Bruce
Old 03-31-2020, 07:40 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Working. Virginia was just placed on a “ Stay-at-Home Order”, but being a service plumber, I am still going house-to-house (about ten per day) because somebody has to do it. I am just as worried about getting sick as the next guy is, but I have customers who rely on me and need me. I am spending a lot of money on PPE and sanitation to protect myself and my customers. I am also keeping very accurate records of exactly where I have been and what I have done.

Bruce
Keep up the good work, I suspect plumbers are going to be very busy in the coming weeks with people flushing their improvised toilet paper. Hope you stay healthy and it's a good time for your business. My dad does water wells, he is seeing a slight uptick with people being home. At least he is outside for the most part, but, also being cautious with having to have contact with people. He's certainly essential as people need running water as much as anything really.
Orlando bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:45 AM   #51

Trying to make some money on the internet. Since so many people are at home and probably staying on the net each day it should be a good time to do so.
Mike
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 V8 4x4
Mike223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:06 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike223 View Post
Trying to make some money on the internet. Since so many people are at home and probably staying on the net each day it should be a good time to do so.
Mike
I have found that it is just opposite. Many are laid off with no money or scared that they will be. Great time to buy though, found many deals as many sellers are reducing their prices due to internet sales being down.

Unless you are selling toilet paper

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:24 PM   #53

I get tired just reading about posts talking about working, it’s time for another nap
travlinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:29 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlinon View Post
I get tired just reading about posts talking about working, it’s time for another nap
I finally have a few days off and sleeping in is the number one priority. Reading posts about folks up a 6 a.m. for no reason and with nothing to do does not compute!

Great bourbon-just about any of San Diego’s craft beer
Beachbourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:46 PM   #55

I have nothing to do today and all day to do it. Talking about work makes me sleepy. It’s nap time again. I aggravate wife all the time, wife is going to kill me
travlinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:59 PM   #56

Did nothing the day before, yesterday or today and doubt the days after. Exercise is walking the dog every hour or so. Even he's getting tired of that!
Old 03-31-2020, 02:22 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike223 View Post
Mike
The people that have totally lost their income will only buy necessities-probably doing it on credit. The people with income will still be tightening their belts. So it will make a difference as to what does/doesn't sell. What we have found in past years, is in a tanked economy, people buy used. In a good economy, people will go for new.

When the government issues the money dispersal to the families in late April, the market may loosen up a bit for those still employed. It certainly won't help much for those still struggling. We have a couple items that we will "attempt" to sell in May, but we know the buyer has the advantage-if there is a buyer. The economy has gone from a seller's market to a buyer's market in a heartbeat. Anticipate that there will be some real bargains on high ticket items (new and used) in another month. We are in uncharted territory right now.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:09 PM   #58

I restore antique tractors as a hobby so I've been working in the garage. To be honest I don't really go out in the public much so my lifestyle hasn't changed much. My wife does the grocery shopping and I'm pretty low maintenance so I don't need to go anywhere. It's been about 3 weeks since I went anywhere and that don't bother me a bit.
Jason1Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:53 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Continuing to do what I am best at. Few know it, but I am a past Olympic Gold Champion in "Doing Nothing". Later, I taught some classes on it until that just wore me out, so I tried participating in the Senior Circuit. I did well, got a few trophies, but that too got tiresome.

Age is taking its toll on even this. Just yesterday I started Doing Nothing, but just did not have enough stamina to finish. I have worked very hard on finishing today and it is SUCH a bummer, but I'm still not done.

I am optimistic about Tomorrow. If not, I may have to start over.
You sound like me. You have someone who will challenge you for those honors. Well maybe not tired already you wore me out. Time to take a nap then maybe I can beat you take the honors away.
Hamerjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:40 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenJoe View Post
The people that have totally lost their income will only buy necessities-probably doing it on credit. The people with income will still be tightening their belts. So it will make a difference as to what does/doesn't sell. What we have found in past years, is in a tanked economy, people buy used. In a good economy, people will go for new.

When the government issues the money dispersal to the families in late April, the market may loosen up a bit for those still employed. It certainly won't help much for those still struggling. We have a couple items that we will "attempt" to sell in May, but we know the buyer has the advantage-if there is a buyer. The economy has gone from a seller's market to a buyer's market in a heartbeat. Anticipate that there will be some real bargains on high ticket items (new and used) in another month. We are in uncharted territory right now.
You hit on a big reason why people should avoid retiring with any large debt.

Buy the "big ticket item" before retiring and pay it off before pulling the plug on regular income. That or have the money set aside so they can pay cash.

Also a reason why people need to keep that " 6 month reserve" all financial advice guru's advise. I don't think the "why" needs to be explained now.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote