Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2020, 11:41 AM   #61

Closing the CG's may not be as much about the social gathering in the CG as it is campers heading into a local town. If I were allowed to go to one of my state parks I would stay within the parks facilities. i.e trails, paths etc. I would not venture to town to shop at Walmart or the local food store.
Problem is too many would. Getting gas is an issue as well. Getting a flat on the trailer is an issue for some. How many RV'rs would call Good Sam or some other towing service? How would you like to be the tow truck driver called out to fix a guys flat tire. Not everyone's a handyman.
Problem is there's always going to be a minority of people that will ruin it for others. It only takes one person to infect 2.7 people. Then those 2.7 infect 7.2, etc.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:42 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceetee View Post
Blows my mind that people are still thinking of traveling. Do you think you are so special you won't be infected, or that you can't be a carrier???

This crisis is going to require sacrifice from ALL. Do your part and keep yourself and those with underlying problems safe. Many states, counties and cities have shelter in place orders. That includes traveling RVer's.

This is the year we don't get to travel and camp.
X2
Old 03-31-2020, 12:00 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by goduc View Post
Closing the CG's may not be as much about the social gathering in the CG as it is campers heading into a local town. If I were allowed to go to one of my state parks I would stay within the parks facilities. i.e trails, paths etc. I would not venture to town to shop at Walmart or the local food store.
Problem is too many would. Getting gas is an issue as well. Getting a flat on the trailer is an issue for some. How many RV'rs would call Good Sam or some other towing service? How would you like to be the tow truck driver called out to fix a guys flat tire. Not everyone's a handyman.
Problem is there's always going to be a minority of people that will ruin it for others. It only takes one person to infect 2.7 people. Then those 2.7 infect 7.2, etc.
My Son owns a business where he is sort of "that guy". He get's called to peoples houses on daily basis to repair what they can't and is considered "essential".

Here's his approach to safety for both the customer and himself/employees:

All communication is via phone, not face to face.
Customer remains in separate part of house.
He and his employee "glove and mask up" then proceed to repair what they were called for.
When complete he calls customer and makes arrangements for payment (usually C/C # over phone).
He and employee exit to their vehicles (both travel separately) and wash/sanitize before leaving to next call.

BTW, his business is Garage Doors so by it's very nature he doesn't really go into living spaces. The "essential" part is making it possible for people to get their vehicle out of the garage when springs, cables, or "operator" fails. Also making garage secure when people forget to open the door before driving out. You'd be shocked if you knew how many times a month he gets calls for that alone.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:24 PM   #64
Site Team

As a reminder, the site team is copying over the "read me" sticky we have at the top of the new COVID-19 subsection...as many members seem to be ignoring. You probably do NOT need to post in every thread here, You probably do NOT need to post multiple times in any thread here. You do need to remember the purpose of these forums and be helpful, nice and a constructive part of the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Please read carefully:

Because of the very high interest and posting activity regarding COVID-19, the site team has established this temporary new forum to contain all threads related to this topic. We have moved existing threads on this topic to this new forum and will continue to move posts and new threads to this area of the forum, regardless of where they were initially posted.

All Community Rules will be strictly enforced in this forum. Posts in violation of the rules may be deleted without notification based on the judgment of the moderators. In addition, posts that exhibit fear-mongering or other anti-social behavior may result in the author’s posting privileges being restricted. Please be especially cautious about posting politically charged content and be sure to report problem posts.

There has been a lot of very useful information and perspective shared here on this topic, but unfortunately also a good bit that doesn't align with forum rules. Please respect your fellow members by thinking through this before posting:

- Is it true?
- Is it helpful?
- Is it kind?

If you have any questions about this, feel free to message any moderator.

Wishing good health to all,
The Site Team

P.S. Now go wash your hands!

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:30 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
I think most of these 'closures' or 'restrictions' are knee-jerk reactions from government-based agencies - like state parks. I see no reason that those in 'RVs' are somehow different than those in packed apartment complexes or high-rises where thousands of folks are within each other in a single area. To me, whether you are 'camping' or not, you are simply 'living' somewhere, where ever that might be at the moment.

If they are concerned about public places, like restrooms, then close those, but don't close the whole campground to 'camping' just because....most of us have all our own facilities and don't 'need' to use the parks.
Don't agree at all!
Highwayguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:39 PM   #66

I don’t blame any state for closing state Park campgrounds, as people will still use the bathroom somewhere. I do not think private campgrounds should be closed. But I don’t make the decision, I’m hoping I can take a little trip next month. There is still one or two states that’s not shut down
travlinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:46 PM   #67
Commercial Member

I got this info from FMCA
"
RV industry groups in the United States and Canada are advocating that government officials and policymakers declare RV parks and campgrounds essential businesses. The current pandemic is hitting right at the time when many snowbirds normally return to their primary residences. Plus, an estimated 1 million people live full-time in their RVs and would be displaced and without resources if forced to leave campgrounds. And many RVers fall into the age group that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have told us are the most vulnerable.

These industry groups are making their concerns known, but a grassroots effort from RVers contacting their own governors, mayors, and local officials may help to avoid what some have referred to as a potential humanitarian crisis on wheels.

RV parks provide water, electricity, sewer, and often propane services, and closing them would cause health and safety concerns. People are using the campgrounds to shelter in place inside their homes on wheels, and if the campgrounds close, they would have no other place to go. In addition, RV parks are critical to those returning to their primary residence in order to shelter in place there.

Of course, RV parks and those staying in them need to follow the appropriate guidelines, but so long as campgrounds are not posing a threat to health and safety of visitors, employees, or natural resources, they should be allowed to remain open.

Similarly, the services of RV dealerships are essential to RVers who may experience equipment failures and need repairs, including electrical service, plumbing, and generators. Many of them also sell propane.

So, please let your opinions be known to your local leaders. To help you get started, we've provided a few resources below. We will continue to provide information as timely as we can. We recommend you check our Facebook page for information regularly and hear what your fellow RVers are doing to weather the storm.
  • The folks at Campendium.com are maintaining a list of campgrounds closures"
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:05 PM   #68

Virginia has a new rule. April 1 to June 10 any campers must be there for 14 days straight in quarintine. No over night. This is private CGs. Got an email from Anvil CG in Williamsburg with a copy of the state mandate. May start being difficult to go anywhere/home if other states follow.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:45 PM   #69
TCC CHEF

Summer 3020 lottery?

My hope is for camping to return to normal by June 1st. But realistically it might be July1. In Virginia the Governor just closed private campgrounds to short term stays and State park campgrounds are also closed.
Peter Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:23 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Virginia has a new rule. April 1 to June 10 any campers must be there for 14 days straight in quarintine. No over night. This is private CGs. Got an email from Anvil CG in Williamsburg with a copy of the state mandate. May start being difficult to go anywhere/home if other states follow.

Well for those who travel 250 mile per day it going to be a long time getting cross country. With 14 day stops.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:26 PM   #71

Everybody is talking, but no one is listening to each other.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:03 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicercars View Post
X2
X3
Old 03-31-2020, 09:11 PM   #73

Today’s prediction March 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
I think you're over kill just a bit . the numbers 102,920 + as of today march 28th will begin to diminish in my opinion by middle to 3 rd week of April . over all the large numbers are inn the big cities NY, Chicago, New Orleans , Seattle , LA . not so much in the out laying areas . this will be contained and back to almost normal by june 1st in my opinion hope i'm right and you're wrong otherwise and bad economy will become a ruined economy and people will end up in a worse place then they are now . if this was millions infected different story . they have now some meds to stop and counteract this virus now . it will change quick for the better sooner rather then later
Dr Fauci says the model shows 100,000 - 240,000 deaths, people need to follow the separation rules because this is going to get real really fast.
LawlessFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:13 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lambert View Post
Don't agree at all!
I agree with you I think his post may have been knee jerk
Old 03-31-2020, 09:36 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawlessFly View Post
Dr Fauci says the model shows 100,000 - 240,000 deaths, people need to follow the separation rules because this is going to get real really fast.
And that to is becoming fluid by the day. Today Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx were discussing new models that put it at 20,000 now. New virus and no one has a real clue.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:42 PM   #76

More of a clue than most think

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
And that to is becoming fluid by the day. Today Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx were discussing new models that put it at 20,000 now. New virus and no one has a real clue.
Considering that we are already at just under 4000, I think I’ll go with what I just heard him say, 100,000 +
Old 03-31-2020, 10:00 PM   #77
Señor Member

We were at 1 US death on 3/1.
We were at 27 US deaths on 3/10.
We were at 215 US deaths on 3/20
We are at 3173 US deaths on 3/31. 0700 PDT

727 more US deaths in the last 12 hours. 1957 PDT.

Yes. I've been keeping track daily since 2/8. Feel free to extrapolate.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:12 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlangdn View Post
My first reservation in on May 4th was cancelled. Made another for two weeks later that has survived so far. This is at Axtel Campground in Rough River, Ky. We'll see I guess. There is already talk of extending the shutdown. This is a COE National Campground.

We have reservations at Laurel Branch at Rough River Lake the weekend of May 15th - 17th. We are going to cancel our trip next week at a Southern Indiana campground, because of the Indiana’s governor’s stay-at-home order and now “Dandy Andy’s” (Governor) new ban on out of state travel for the Commonwealth of Kentucky. I’m thinking of just pulling the camper to the back of our property and set it up by our pond and “camp” there for 2-3 nights. I’ll be looking for more reservations for August, September, October and November.

This is starting to give us worries because my wife works at a dental office, and we have two grandchildren due in April (anyday now). I’m sure missing our grandbabies!

OpaFritz
Old 04-01-2020, 08:25 AM   #79

Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestWalker View Post
We were at 1 US death on 3/1.
We were at 27 US deaths on 3/10.
We were at 215 US deaths on 3/20
We are at 3173 US deaths on 3/31. 0700 PDT

727 more US deaths in the last 12 hours. 1957 PDT.

Yes. I've been keeping track daily since 2/8. Feel free to extrapolate.
When I checked at 8:24 am CT today the number was. 4,059

Math is hard in these times
Old 04-01-2020, 08:38 AM   #80

I wonder how many people die each day in America, maybe around 8,000 people each day.
travlinon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping