Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2020, 08:28 PM   #1

25KRB T.V. Connections

Here is a tidbit for you. No where is it documented what the connections on the wall by the T.V. mounting area actually go to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200627_205753.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	232603

The top wall plate has 3 RCA Jacks which are for OUTPUT, and they go to the Furion DV 7200. The red and white are for audio, and the yellow is for video. However, the Furion (as it is cabled) does nothing with video. What you CAN do is hook up the audio output from your T.V., a DVD player or maybe a Blueray player; and run that through the Furion. Use the AUX feature on the Furrion to play the sound.
I thought that would be great for a "surround sound" when watching basketball games on T.V.! I ran into two caveats though. 1). If I connect the cables to my T.V., I MUST also turn the Furion on to listen to the audio. (Other T.V.s may be different). 2). The Furion system is MONO. It's not even a stereo. The more I played around with it, the more I think the whole Furion system is junk.

The cable wall plate has a cable/digital antenna coax connector, and a satellite T.V. coax connector. There is also a "booster" button for the digital T.V. antenna. Press the button and a green LED lights up. Turn it ON for antenna. Turn it OFF for cable T.V.. Also, the "booster" button is powered by the 12V system. Make sure it is turned OFF when storing the trailer, as it is a battery drain.
Boscorelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 12:34 PM   #2

Rear Connections on the Furion DV 7200

I took the Furion out to see what kind of cabling it actually had, since there is no schematic or documentation.

Name:	20200602_151921.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	333.4 KB
ID:	232620

Name:	20200602_151714.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	232621
Old 07-21-2020, 06:19 PM   #3

I just got a brand new 29K2S and was thinking about fiddling with the sound system...like adding a little subwoofer that Furion makes. I figured the RCA jacks hanging out of the wall just went to the head unit, but funnily enough the Furion TV that came with the trailer doesn't even have RCA jacks

Just curious if you wound up replacing it with something else...it's an odd little formfactor - not sure if something else would just fit in that hole...?
Wootings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:56 PM   #4

No, I didn't replace it. I gave up trying to use it for anything other than a cheap FM radio.

At first glance, it looks like it does all kinds of useful things. In reality, it is a hodge-podge of cheap components that don't interface well with anything. If you want a good system, you'll need to replace the furrion AND re-wire the whole mess.