RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-06-2020, 03:50 PM   #1

Alta 2600 KRB - fresh water tank overflow

Hello all:

I have just joined the Forest River Forums so I hope I am posting this properly

We just bought a 2021 East to West Alta 2600 KRB and have just completed one week of camping in it. We are happy with it, it is quite an upgrade from our last trailer.

One issue we had, was after filling up the fresh water tank, the 2 overflow hoses kept running and were draining the fresh water tank - it was like they were siphoning the water out of the tank. There are 3 hoses running out of the fresh water tank - one is the tank drain hose with a shut-off valve, and the other 2 hoses do not have valves.

I have a call in to the dealer to inquire about this but was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

THANKS

2021 East to West Alta 2600 KRB
2020 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
Jeff_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:35 PM   #2

Where are the other 2 hoses located? My 25KRB doesn’t have vent line(s) for the fresh water tank. I wish they (FR) would send a schematic of the plumbing and electrical with each trailer for ease of tracking down a problem. As far as I know, mine doesn’t even have a vent on the fresh water tank as it will burp water out the fill if put in too fast. Keep us posted.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_W View Post
One issue we had, was after filling up the fresh water tank, the 2 overflow hoses kept running and were draining the fresh water tank - it was like they were siphoning the water out of the tank. There are 3 hoses running out of the fresh water tank - one is the tank drain hose with a shut-off valve, and the other 2 hoses do not have valves.
What color are those other two hoses? If they are blue and red, those are low point drains that will drain the water out of the lines and faucets. They should have caps on them.
Old 10-10-2020, 09:33 AM   #4

Or valves so you can drain them when needed.
OLEJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:48 PM   #5

The other 2 hoses come out right beside the fresh water drain hose.

Old 10-12-2020, 06:51 PM   #6

The 2 low point drain hoses are at the back of the trailer, yes one is red and one is blue. Ar the front of the trailer there are 3 blue hoses, one with a shut off valve which is the fresh water tank drain. The other 2 blue hoses do not have valves and I was told they are fresh water tank overflow hoses.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:58 PM   #7

Quote:
The 2 low point drain hoses are at the back of the trailer, yes one is red and one is blue. Ar the front of the trailer there are 3 blue hoses, one with a shut off valve which is the fresh water tank drain. The other 2 blue hoses do not have valves and I was told they are fresh water tank overflow hoses.
Does water come out of both of them? If they are vents they shouldn’t be able to siphon any water out as they would be at the top of the tank. If they are indeed vent lines then they are plumbed to the wrong place. The only way to find out for sure is trace them out and I know that is a pain but there is no other way.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLEJOE View Post
Does water come out of both of them? If they are vents they shouldn’t be able to siphon any water out as they would be at the top of the tank. If they are indeed vent lines then they are plumbed to the wrong place. The only way to find out for sure is trace them out and I know that is a pain but there is no other way.
Water does come out of both of them. I can just see that they both come out of the fresh water tank beside each other, just below the top of the tank. The dealer says this is the first trailer they have had with 2 overflow hoses and are looking into the issue for me.

Old 10-15-2020, 01:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Water does come out of both of them. I can just see that they both come out of the fresh water tank beside each other, just below the top of the tank. The dealer says this is the first trailer they have had with 2 overflow hoses and are looking into the issue for me.
For them to siphon the two tubes would have to extend down inside of the tank to the bottom. Good luck. Maybe dealer can figure it out for you.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:38 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLEJOE View Post
For them to siphon the two tubes would have to extend down inside of the tank to the bottom. Good luck. Maybe dealer can figure it out for you.
So the dealer and Canadian Rep for East to West have been very helpful looking into this matter for me.
When overfull, the overflows drain till the tank is full, BUT the full water tank sensor is so high on the tank, that when the overflows stop draining the control board actually shows the tank at 2/3 when it is actually full. So I thought it was draining 1/3 of the tank, but it actually isn't. It is away for storage now so will have to see how things go next camping season, but how they explained it to me makes sense for what was happening to me.

Impressed how they took my concerns serious and looked into it for me.

Old 10-19-2020, 10:29 AM   #11

Glad they got it figured out for you. I guess you could fill it up and then drain it into 5 gallon buckets and that would tell you how much is left.

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank