Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2023, 07:34 AM   #1

bedroom reading lights options

The little puck lights are terribly bright in our 321RLOK 5th wheel. Any info for replacements would be appreciated.
RussHaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 07:42 AM   #2

I think every 'reading light' in RVs so equipped have been much too bright for me. Most of mine have been an odd size/shape. The last few I have taken out and brought them to a Batteries+Bulbs or similar store and had them find me a more suitable replacement.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 08:34 AM   #3

There are dimmable puck lights available, as well as choices in color temperature. Or, you can add an LED compatible DC lighting dimmer for your existing lights. The choices are almost too numerous to list. May you can narrow down for us just what type/style you would prefer to have.
Old 03-23-2023, 10:47 AM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
There are dimmable puck lights available, as well as choices in color temperature. Or, you can add an LED compatible DC lighting dimmer for your existing lights. The choices are almost too numerous to list. May you can narrow down for us just what type/style you would prefer to have.
X2

I see it is the OP's 1st post, welcome!

As mentioned, this has been discussed many, many times and there are lots of options depending on what YOU want to do.

You can get dimmer/different color pucks, you can colorize the lens, you can black-out some of the LEDs, you can add dimmers... etc.

I suggest you spend a little time perusing the forum for other posts about this topic. If you are unsure how to search, ask and you will get pointed in the right direction.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 11:24 AM   #5

My Forest River has no reading lights. I bought some 12 volt little lights with clips on them. I recharge them in the truck or on the computer at home. I never read without them on a trip or at home.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, light, roo