Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2020, 10:41 AM   #1

East to West Silver Lake 31KBH

We have been really looking at the Silver Lake 31KBH. Walked through it a couple of times. This one checks most of our boxes on our "want" list for a floorplan.
We were dancing between this one, a Bullet and a Puma. The Silver lake floorplan won out.
With the East to West being such a new brand and the Silver Lake a new make I was hoping to find some info on these. But not much out there that I could find.
Even the East to West website doesn't show the Silver Lake models. Can anyone tell me anything about these?
Where do they fall under quality lines? Are these lower end, mid range or upper tier campers?
Visually they look mid-range but the price was really nice comparable to a lower tier camper.
Just looking for any feedback on these. Good, bad, issues, etc...
Sjohn8016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:01 AM   #2

I believe the Silver Lake could be a brand built especially for Camping World, could there be a similar floor plan in the East West line?
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:15 AM   #3

Yes. The Della Terra 312BH is almost identical. Just some aesthetic differences.
Which makes me more confused. Why create another line for someone, say Camping world?
Are you thinking these 2 models come off the same line and they slap a "Silver Lake" sticker on it?
If that the case it would seem cheaper to just offer the Della Terra to Camping world at a discounted price if they want their business.
Just an outside observation. I'm sure there is a financial benefit for East to West to create another line for them.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjohn8016 View Post
Yes. The Della Terra 312BH is almost identical. Just some aesthetic differences.
Which makes me more confused. Why create another line for someone, say Camping world?
Are you thinking these 2 models come off the same line and they slap a "Silver Lake" sticker on it?
If that the case it would seem cheaper to just offer the Della Terra to Camping world at a discounted price if they want their business.
Just an outside observation. I'm sure there is a financial benefit for East to West to create another line for them.
Don't really have a answer for this but if it were my choice Camping World would not be a choice for me. Plus later on a trade in or resale I would think the Silver Lake might not be a better value. Just my opinion, good luck on your choice.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:12 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
It's quite common for RV manufacturers to make clones of their regular lines and rebrand them for large RV dealership chains. FR does it for a number of dealership chains across the country.
Almost always, the only differences between the re-branded ones and the original ones, is outside graphics and interior decor.
Yes, they come off the same assembly line, just like the many twin RV brands that many RV manufacturers make.
Some of FR's twin brands are Rockwood/Flagstaff, Forester/Sunseeker andSalem/Wildwood. Made on the same assembly line, with only outside decals and interior decor being different.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:14 PM   #6

It's all about marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
I believe the Silver Lake could be a brand built especially for Camping World, could there be a similar floor plan in the East West line?
It's all about marketing. By changing the branding, most consumers won't be able to compare prices. This is not unusual. This benefits both the retailer (independents won't complain about being undercut) and the manufacturer (can offer volume discounts to big sellers without getting complaints from small independents).

Costco's private label is Kirkland. Can't compare their vitamins, coffee, gasoline, etc.

Look at the vitamins and OTC drugs in CVS or Walgreens.

Or Chevy vs. GMC.

Back in the 1960s my dad operated a family shoe store. His children's line was Red Goose shoes. They were made by International Shoe Co. in St. Louis. The identical shoes (with different boxes and imprints in the heel) were sold as Buster Brown and Paul Parrot--for the same reason.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:31 PM   #7

Anything w/ Campering World

You will see many negative posts about Camping World. Many of us avoid them due to poor service after the sale and many other issues. I would look somewhere else.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 04:45 PM   #8

Never dealt with Camping World so thanks for the feedback.
Definitely a factor in purchasing a camper. "Service after sale" or lack thereof could be a big deal...
The Della Terra 312BH is not dedicated to Camping World and has a comparable floorplan.
So that may be a better option from a more family friendly/local dealer.
Is East to West in general a good line? Or just so-so? They appear mid-range to me after looking at different Brands.
Bunkroom with double slide, shower doors and a straight on looking TV was our boxes wanting to be checked. All within a $30K budget. And the Silver Lake 31KBH seemed to fit that.
With the exception of that window shade converted to a shower door. They kinda cheaped out on that one.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:03 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Is East to West in general a good line? Or just so-so? They appear mid-range to me after looking at different Brands.
The Della Terra line is basic stick and tin construction, so it appears to be lower mid-range. Their new Alta line is filon sided/aluminum framed so it may be at least upper mid-range.
There are only a handful of Della Terra owners here and no Alta owners yet.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 01:32 PM   #10
Canadian Member

First, welcome to the forum from up north.

The East to West line seems to be very new. I've never heard of them before. Until you've actually been inside one, you won't really know what the quality is like. Strictly based on the pictures and features on the East to West website they seem like the Wildwood/Salem line from Forest River which is "entry level" meaning lesser quality in terms of both construction and features. For example, I'm seeing those useless tiny bathroom fans and plastic toilets. I'm not saying they are terrible - they may be totally fine - its just that you need to understand the level of quality you're buying and set your expectations accordingly. The "stick and tin" units definitely don't suffer from delamination like the gel coat fiberglass walled units do.

For the same money, you might want to consider looking at a higher quality brand in a used unit. It'll take a lot of patience to find the right floorplan, in a brand known for higher quality, that's been well cared for, but we did it twice for the Rockwoods we had before our current fifth wheel. If you have a friend who knows a lot about travel trailers they can show you the differences in quality. You can also hire a professional RV inspector if you aren't comfortable inspecting it yourself. That might be something you want to do regardless if you buy new or used.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:44 PM   #11

We had a Rockwood for a couple years before we had major delamination problems. We went with the stick and tin E/W Della Terra 29k2s. Loved the floor plan and seemed much better quality than the Salem and Wildwood with similar floor plan.
Nice to have the 15k AC standard and larger frig. Got rid of the king bed and got a short queen for more room to walk in the bedroom. Had great support from E/W factory. Not so much from the dealer. Wouldn't even think of anything other than stick and tin anymore.
Bob
Old 02-12-2020, 06:29 PM   #12

Purchased an East to West Della Terra 29KRK last May and have put about 5,000 miles on it. I've owned five travel trailers and three 5th Wheels over the years, so know a little bit about them in general. Yes, I would consider the whole East to West line to be lower mid-range. That being said, we are very happy with ours. It actually tows better that any RV we've owned but that's probably due to the heavy tongue weight (1100 lbs per my Sherline scale). Closets and storage space are plentiful and it has a lot of counter-top in the rear kitchen. Overall, we're as happy with the Della Terra as any other RV we're owned. We actually drove to Couch's RV in Cincinnati, Ohio, from south Texas because of a $4,000 savings. Couch's was easy to work with and I highly recommend them. We're looking forward to touring Utah in the late spring. Cheers....