Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2021, 03:57 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 5
Looking For Feedback On East To West

My wife and I are interested in a 2810KIK East to West travel trailer. No dealer within a 150 mile radius from us has one in stock to lay eyes on in person. We looked at a Grand Design Imagine 2670MK which is basically an identical floor plan. The advantage of the EW is the king sized bed for us. What I wanted to ask is how does the EW compare quality wise to the GD Imagine line? Any issues to speak of? Any issues with the 12v fridge etc? Thanks in advance
All-Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 02:34 PM   #2
Dawg Fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Loganville
Posts: 10
We took delivery of our 2810 KIK on Monday. I can't speak about the build quality of the grand design but so far the east to west seems to be built pretty solid. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer them.
__________________
2021 2810 KIK
2019 Ram Bighorn 4x4
DW Melanie
3 Rescue Rottweilers Zeus, Zoe and Zella

Ham Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 02:00 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Kaysman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 24
I don’t own an East to West RV yet, but my wife and I just finished a tour of the Tandara factory. WOW! We were completely impressed with the little things, the hidden things they do that reflect their attention to detail and quality. I’m not naive enough to think they can’t make a bad product but, I would put their quality right up there with the Grand Designs of the industry! If you are within a days drive I suggest you contact East to West and set up a tour!
Kaysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:23 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 5
Thanks for the reply’s guys!
All-Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:53 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
MackieAFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Aces View Post
My wife and I are interested in a 2810KIK East to West travel trailer. No dealer within a 150 mile radius from us has one in stock to lay eyes on in person. We looked at a Grand Design Imagine 2670MK which is basically an identical floor plan. The advantage of the EW is the king sized bed for us. What I wanted to ask is how does the EW compare quality wise to the GD Imagine line? Any issues to speak of? Any issues with the 12v fridge etc? Thanks in advance
My wife and I recently purchased (11/2020) the East to West Alta 2810KIK. We couldn’t be happier with our choice. We HAD decided on the 2670 MK because of the floor plan and supposedly good build quality of the Grand Design ... until we actually saw one in person. We were disappointed with the look of the interior because it was more “modern” ... we prefer a more country / farmhouse look. We were so excited when we found the 2810KIK at a local RV dealer ... it was perfect in that it had basically the same floor plan (with a few things we liked better) and it had the more rustic grey wood tones that are more of a farmhouse decor look. Some things we liked better about the 2810KIK versus the 2670MK are: smaller desk area which gave us a much larger pantry, more storage, a nicer bathroom, the king sized bed, the aluminum trussed roof instead of wood, the thicker exterior walls, and of course the more rustic look of the interior. We have only taken one trip with it, a week long trip to the St Augustine, FL area which was about 2 hours away from our home. It towed very nice and held up well for us. We’ve had only one issue that I would consider major ... I found a sagging underbelly at the drop frame area up front. The dealership found that there was water there causing the sagging, and after pressure testing the plumbing and finding no leaks, attributed it to “road water” from towing in the rain. They found a couple of gaps towards the front of the underbelly and fixed it under warranty ... I made sure they replaced any insulation that had gotten wet to prevent any future mold issues. Other than that, one pull down blind bracket in the bedroom wasn’t mounted securely (fixed under warranty), the microwave door would stick sometimes (fixed under warranty), and the cabinet doors above the stove rubbed together while closing (fixed under warranty). We are planning a trip a bit farther away from us towards the end of March to the Savanna, Ga area. We got the options of the dining table w/ 4 chairs, the extra A/C unit in the bedroom, and the fold-out sofa for additional sleeping area. Some improvements we have made include adding shelves in the pantry, vent covers on the roof, adding a bike rack to the tongue area, adding an aluminum carryall to the rear bumper (after adding bumper support brackets), and we bought a nice bench with storage from IKEA that is grey and perfectly matches the interior. Everyone that sees our trailer is amazed at it and says that it feels more like a house inside than a camper. We absolutely love the travel trailer and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new or used one.
MackieAFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:02 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
MackieAFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 8
The bench

Here is a picture of the bench (if it uploads). We bought 3 storage cubes to put underneath and it fits perfectly along the wall where they have the clock on the wall from the factory. It looks good and provides additional seating and storage. You just have to rotate it to bring in the slides. Good luck and message me if you have any questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2C3703D7-9967-4872-9DF2-88D7552A9A2C.jpeg
Views:	15
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	248792  
MackieAFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:17 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 11
my parents just got a east to west 285rl and I have also met the owner, Lisa, who started it. They have a pretty good setup on their stuff. I walked through a lot of their stuff at tampa with the guy who designs their fifth wheels and they seem very knowledgeable. Some of the build parts are std RV stuff but some of their stuff you can tell they actually care about function/ quality. Even though it is now owned by Forest River, Lisa still has a lot of say so on what goes into them. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one.
oldschoolhdmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:52 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 5
MackieAFD, what are you towing your trailer with?
All-Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:12 PM   #9
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 24,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolhdmike View Post
Even though it is now owned by Forest River, Lisa still has a lot of say so on what goes into them. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one.
She is the daughter of Forest River's CEO, Peter Liegl.

https://rv-pro.com/features/pointing-toward-success/
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:31 PM   #10
Dawg Fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Loganville
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackieAFD View Post
My wife and I recently purchased (11/2020) the East to West Alta 2810KIK. We couldn’t be happier with our choice. We HAD decided on the 2670 MK because of the floor plan and supposedly good build quality of the Grand Design ... until we actually saw one in person. We were disappointed with the look of the interior because it was more “modern” ... we prefer a more country / farmhouse look. We were so excited when we found the 2810KIK at a local RV dealer ... it was perfect in that it had basically the same floor plan (with a few things we liked better) and it had the more rustic grey wood tones that are more of a farmhouse decor look. Some things we liked better about the 2810KIK versus the 2670MK are: smaller desk area which gave us a much larger pantry, more storage, a nicer bathroom, the king sized bed, the aluminum trussed roof instead of wood, the thicker exterior walls, and of course the more rustic look of the interior. We have only taken one trip with it, a week long trip to the St Augustine, FL area which was about 2 hours away from our home. It towed very nice and held up well for us. We’ve had only one issue that I would consider major ... I found a sagging underbelly at the drop frame area up front. The dealership found that there was water there causing the sagging, and after pressure testing the plumbing and finding no leaks, attributed it to “road water” from towing in the rain. They found a couple of gaps towards the front of the underbelly and fixed it under warranty ... I made sure they replaced any insulation that had gotten wet to prevent any future mold issues. Other than that, one pull down blind bracket in the bedroom wasn’t mounted securely (fixed under warranty), the microwave door would stick sometimes (fixed under warranty), and the cabinet doors above the stove rubbed together while closing (fixed under warranty). We are planning a trip a bit farther away from us towards the end of March to the Savanna, Ga area. We got the options of the dining table w/ 4 chairs, the extra A/C unit in the bedroom, and the fold-out sofa for additional sleeping area. Some improvements we have made include adding shelves in the pantry, vent covers on the roof, adding a bike rack to the tongue area, adding an aluminum carryall to the rear bumper (after adding bumper support brackets), and we bought a nice bench with storage from IKEA that is grey and perfectly matches the interior. Everyone that sees our trailer is amazed at it and says that it feels more like a house inside than a camper. We absolutely love the travel trailer and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new or used one.
Have you had any issues with the two strips that run on the inside of the entry door? Ours has pulled away, only held on by butal tape and a couple of small brads.
__________________
2021 2810 KIK
2019 Ram Bighorn 4x4
DW Melanie
3 Rescue Rottweilers Zeus, Zoe and Zella

Ham Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:24 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
MackieAFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Aces View Post
MackieAFD, what are you towing your trailer with?
Toyota Tundra 5.7 w/ tow package
MackieAFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:29 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
MackieAFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 8
No issues with that so far, I’ll take a look today and see what it looks like.We’ve only had it for about 3 months ... hope it doesn’t happen in the future, I’ll keep an eye out.
MackieAFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 05:17 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackieAFD View Post
Toyota Tundra 5.7 w/ tow package
Sounds good. I’m using an F150 w/max tow package so I was a little concerned with the weight. The camper we have now is about the same size and weight but I really wanted something smaller. We really want a 5th wheel but can’t afford a new truck as well...
All-Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:09 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
MackieAFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Aces View Post
Sounds good. I’m using an F150 w/max tow package so I was a little concerned with the weight. The camper we have now is about the same size and weight but I really wanted something smaller. We really want a 5th wheel but can’t afford a new truck as well...
We were in the same boat as far as wanting a 5th wheel, but the Tundra was too small. We decided to go with the largest trailer we could “comfortably” tow, but we keep our loaded weight as low as possible. TO ME the Tundra is borderline. When loaded we still have about 1000 pounds we could add as far as the truck’s towing capacity, but the cargo carrying capacity for the Tundra is pretty low. We live in Florida where it is flat and it tows great around here. We are possibly heading to the Smokey Mountains in a few weeks (if weather is OK) and the trip through the mountains might be a bit scary!? My truck probably has about 3 more reliable years left in her ... at that time, we will be upgrading to a diesel and might even consider a 5th wheel as well if we decide to head out on month or two long trips after retirement.
MackieAFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:59 AM   #15
Junior Member
 
MackieAFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Bone View Post
Have you had any issues with the two strips that run on the inside of the entry door? Ours has pulled away, only held on by butal tape and a couple of small brads.
Looked at them, and they look fine.
MackieAFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:03 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Nevada
Posts: 672
Driving 150 miles to find what you want is no big deal. Get on the road.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:33 AM   #17
Junior Member
 
MackieAFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppine View Post
Driving 150 miles to find what you want is no big deal. Get on the road.
Also FYI we paid $32,500 for ours, so don’t be afraid to bargain if you go look.
MackieAFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 05:55 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 5
Going to look at one tomorrow.
All-Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:41 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 7
Took delivery on our 271BH last week and I must say that I'm not real impressed with the build quality as compared to other manufacturers. I have a 2020 Jayco Jayflight 264BH and I noted far fewer build issues with that unit than I've found (so far) with my Della Terra 271BH. But I do like the 271BH features and floor plan better. I'm just hoping that the obvious manufacturing defects aren't indicative of more, not-so-obvious problems waiting to pop up. Oh, and I couldn't beat the price on my 271BH either, so there's that.
CPJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:03 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
MackieAFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Aces View Post
Going to look at one tomorrow.
Well ... did you go look? Did you get one?
MackieAFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.