Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2021, 12:48 AM   #1

Cool New owner with some concerns

I just purchased a 2021 east to West Tandara 385MB.
Does anyone here own this particular model and have you had any smellier issues
It’s a beautiful trailer with all the features we wanted like a bunkhouse with a loft, full size fridge, big pantry, king size bed, auto leveling and of corse the fireplace for my wife. We looked at other 5th wheelers with these same features but my wife really loves the light colored interior of this trailer. We noticed there was a small dent on the refrigerator door when we first looked at the trailer and the salesman said it wouldn’t be a problem to replace it, we purchased the trailer that day and scheduled an appointment for the following Saturday for a final walk through and pick up, the salesman assured me the refrigerator door would be replaced by then.
The following Saturday the salesman called to notify me that the fridge door hadn’t arrived yet and we would have to bring the trailer back at a later date when it arrived he was very accommodating and give us a back up camera for our inconvenience and we headed south to pick up our trailer.
Upon arriving at the dealer the trailer was outside the main entrance and I noticed some red tape on top of the king pin stating to order a fridge door, trim and paneling we knew about the fridge door but nothing about trim or paneling.
During our walk through I asked the tech and he wasn’t sure about the trim/paneling, we also found a few other issues during our walk 1) the door had to be slammed to close it wasn’t leveled on the opening and had a bow in it. 2)there is a small crack on the caulking on the roof by the latter in the back.
3) a chip on the microwave plate. 4) the built in trash can in the island cabinet is bigger than the cabinet opening. 5) the 2 gray tank valve handles are black and the black tank valve handle is gray. After about an hour and 45 minutes I still hadn’t found the damaged trim or paneling. After getting confirmation that these issues would be fixed or replaced we proceeded with the final paperwork. Before connecting the trailer I again spoke with a lady from the service department and I would email her the following day with the issues we found and move forward.
Through email she mentioned the fridge door, trim and paneling had previously been ordered but would need to put in a new claim for the door.
We went camping for the first time this past weekend and it towed nicely but we have a few more issues , small leak in the shower, the 2 lights above the master bed no longer work, when I was draining the tanks and opened the black water tank valve gray water came out they might be mislabeled that’s what I’m hoping and last but not least the floor is making a squeaking noise by the front door and in the hallway it wasn’t making that noise on our walk through.
On the East to West website they are very confident of their built quality but after one trip I’m not so sure of that.
I know all of these issues can be fixed and are under warranty but not sure about the floor noise and I still don’t know what trim / paneling that needs to be replaced. Waiting to hear back from dealership. Getting a little discouraged with our purchase. Any info on the Tandara 385MB will be appreciated. Thanks sorry for the long post.
Ibew684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 09:35 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Heres a little nugget posts are like a job resume if its to long folks don't tend to read it. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 09:41 AM   #3

Thanks SeaFog
Just being thorough in explaining my situation
After reading it just now it is way to long
Old 03-10-2021, 09:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibew684 View Post
Thanks SeaFog
Ive been called allot of things but never a SeaFog although at my age Fog can happen LOL
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 10:52 AM   #5

I don’t know specifically about East to West typical build quality, but From my experience and my reading this forum, your list of concerns is actually quite short. Trash can doesn’t fit, valves reversed, or things like switches upside down, trim falls off, plumbing leaks, dinette cushions that don’t fit, appliances that don’t work, etc., etc. are all common problems for new RVs.

After the first year or two, you will get most of the flaws worked out. You’ll just need to be patient. And don’t worry that you made a poor RV choice, because they’re all pretty much that way.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:44 PM   #6

I apologize for the calling you SeaFog
I meant to say SeaDog
Old 03-10-2021, 01:49 PM   #7

Ok thanks for the info this is my second RV and my first fifth wheel.
The biggest concern that I have regarding my post is the squeaking of the floor all the other stuff is basically easy fixes as you mentioned, my last RV was a travel trailer and the floor started squeaking four years into owning it so that was a lot more understandable than this one on my first trip with the trailer Plus this one was a lot more expensive.
Thanks again for the info and I’m always looking for advice and suggestions on how people go about their RVing
Old 03-10-2021, 01:56 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks SeaFog
Just so you know, East to West is a relatively new brand and there are very few E to W owners here, compared to the established brands. So you'll have to be patient, for feedback on the brand. I'm not even sure f any member owns that model. You'll need to search through the E to W sub-forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 03:31 PM   #9

I knew they were fairly new brand but I didn’t know that this was their first go around building a fifth wheel model if I’m not mistaken, we had been looking at trailers for 2 months once we saw this one my wife fell in love with the interior and we pal heard the saying “happy wife happy life” so we bought it. I do remember thinking to myself that I hadn’t seen that brand before and I just assumed that being a forest river brand the would all have similar build quality.

We live out in California in the small town of Hilmar in the Central Valley, and always looking for new campgrounds in Central/Northern California. Again thanks for replying
Old 03-10-2021, 03:43 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Ibew684,

Thank you for being a part of the Easttowest family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new Tandara. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Kyle Hilliard in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: https://www.easttowestrv.com/DirectS...09877102558306.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:28 PM   #11

I agree with Behind Bars that list is not an issue but it sounds like ES_FR has reached out to you so keeps us updated on how things progress. Even though this might be a new build others will be interested on how things go and looking to go to something different perhaps. Congratulations and Enjoy your new 5er.
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 09:08 PM   #12

Also the Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Just so you know, East to West is a relatively new brand and there are very few E to W owners here, compared to the established brands. So you'll have to be patient, for feedback on the brand. I'm not even sure f any member owns that model. You'll need to search through the E to W sub-forum.
The OP could click "Registry" (third item on the thin green bar at the top of every page, then click "Advanced Search". On the Search page, select "East to West". Don't limit the search with any other qualifiers.

Exactly four other registered users have identified themselves as having an East to West.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:28 AM   #13

Thank you for the link ES_FR I will reach out to him and get his opinion on my concerns.
Will keep everyone posted.
Old 03-14-2021, 03:03 PM   #14

I am wondering if the may be the panel and trim work for your fridge door?
Hamerjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:15 PM   #15

I didn’t think about that, you’re probably right.
Still waiting to hear from dealer it’s been 5 weeks since purchase. emailed them last week no reply yet told them about a few more things that came up on our first trip the worst being the floor squeaking. Will call tomorrow.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:09 AM   #16

Update y’all
Dropping trailer off at dealer (camping world) this Friday for the repairs I’m hoping the parts ordered will arrive as they work on other issues.
While trying to find the back flow pressure valve to see if that was the reason black tank flush not working, I was very disappointed to find the disregard for any kind of built quality and the lack any QC. There seems to be no pride in what you’re building anymore not even to pick up the scrap pieces of wood that they cut or pick up lose screws. Is there any kind of code these guys have to follow? I’m including some pics of my brand new 2021 east to west tandara 385MB.
No plumbing supports, electrical wires on floor, bad welds. Is it just my trailer that looks like this? I found the valve it can’t reach it it’s installed in a chase between bathroom and bedroom wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	07ABF4D0-A355-494C-AB0E-97AB0EBD0F07.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	432.9 KB
ID:	251342   Click image for larger version

Name:	93200F92-CBB3-473E-824C-A97A2B317D5A.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	362.2 KB
ID:	251343   Click image for larger version

Name:	D8D1DEE5-4484-4619-A6FE-AA621FF28B27.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	345.0 KB
ID:	251344   Click image for larger version

Name:	570B9CEB-8313-4F62-A753-D210AF17B1A3.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	482.2 KB
ID:	251345   Click image for larger version

Name:	65982CB4-C227-4CA2-848F-967898184E72.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	251346  

Old 04-06-2021, 08:03 AM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Update y’all
Dropping trailer off at dealer (camping world) this Friday for the repairs I’m hoping the parts ordered will arrive as they work on other issues.
While trying to find the back flow pressure valve to see if that was the reason black tank flush not working, I was very disappointed to find the disregard for any kind of built quality and the lack any QC. There seems to be no pride in what you’re building anymore not even to pick up the scrap pieces of wood that they cut or pick up lose screws. Is there any kind of code these guys have to follow? I’m including some pics of my brand new 2021 east to west tandara 385MB.
No plumbing supports, electrical wires on floor, bad welds. Is it just my trailer that looks like this? I found the valve it can’t reach it it’s installed in a chase between bathroom and bedroom wall.

Yes, sir. This report is close to word-for-word what has been posted on this forum hundreds of times. Apparently like you, I didn't read with understanding all those reports until after I bought my Wildcat. Thankfully, my trailer has been in good working order for several years now.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:14 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Yes, sir. This report is close to word-for-word what has been posted on this forum hundreds of times. Apparently like you, I didn't read with understanding all those reports until after I bought my Wildcat. Thankfully, my trailer has been in good working order for several years now.
Hundreds of times +1
PhilFromMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:55 AM   #19

Looks like all I can do is hope dealer fixes the issues in a timely manner with out creating any more problems, and take care of the rest myself.
I’ll update as we move forward.
Thank you.
Old 04-06-2021, 12:28 PM   #20
Site Team

I would be more concerned with Camping World doing warranty work.[emoji32]
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
east to west, tandara 385mb