Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2020, 07:59 AM   #1

Question for Forest River

I'm just wondering if anyone knows why Forest River doesn't seem to claim East To West trailers as a part of their brands? I bought a new East to West in December and found out that it was a Forest River brand, but not mentioned on their sites.
Then I found that East to West doesn't list the Silver Lake trailer I have on their site, because they said it was made exclusively for Camping World. What gives with this stuff? Are they ashamed of the stuff they make?

& a grandson who loves to camp!
2020 Silver Lake 27 KNS
2014 Ram 1500 SLT
benatk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:08 AM   #2

It is called brand marketing! Happens with many products from guns to RVs. Also allows them to have a trailer at CW that can then have a twin across the street under a different name.
Scotrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:12 AM   #3

https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/question-for-forest-river-202120.html

I purchased an East to West Silver Lake 27 KNS in December. I don't understand why Forest River doesn't even claim them as one of their lines. What was funny to me is when I call the East to West people, the person I talked with said that it was exclusive to Camping World and he didn't know that much about them, so I called the closest Camping World and they said the same thing.
Oh well, for the price I think that I got a good deal, so I'm not going to complain.

& a grandson who loves to camp!
2020 Silver Lake 27 KNS
2014 Ram 1500 SLT
benatk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:42 AM   #4

Their home page says they are a division of FR
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:21 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Their home page says they are a division of FR
Yep.......
https://www.easttowestrv.com/

"© 2020 East To West RV, a Division of Forest River, Inc."

Also, https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...er-lake/browse

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 56; Booked = 52
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 01:08 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by benatk View Post
I'm just wondering if anyone knows why Forest River doesn't seem to claim East To West trailers as a part of their brands? I bought a new East to West in December and found out that it was a Forest River brand, but not mentioned on their sites.
Then I found that East to West doesn't list the Silver Lake trailer I have on their site, because they said it was made exclusively for Camping World. What gives with this stuff? Are they ashamed of the stuff they make?
RV manufacturers have been making clone brands for big RV chains, for years. For example, the Coleman line of trailers are made exclusively for Camping World dealers, by Thor Industries. It was a clone brand of Thor's Aerolite line.
Your Silver Lake is a simply regular East to West model, with different outside graphics and usually different interior decor. FR isn't going to create a whole separate website for a Camping World-only brand.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 03:01 PM   #7

There's another thread on this, posted just a few days ago. It's a marketing thing, like GMC and Chevrolet offering the same products. More detail in the other thread.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 03:29 PM   #8
Director, FROG

If you go to the Forest River corporate website and check the list of products, you'll see East to West listed as a division, along with Forest River, Coachmen, Dynamax, Palomino, Prime Time, and Shasta.

ForestRiverInc.com/Our-Products/Recreational-Vehicles

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:54 AM   #9

Common practice in many products to get more products in the market. A couple of changes on the assembly line and you have a “new” product. I have a HP computer that my son bought 10 years ago that was built for Walmart. Found this out when I tried to upgrade it. Same computer sold a CompUSA and online. Look at Flagstaff and Rockwood built in same plant. Very similar except for interior colors and graphics,
Days camped in FR, 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15 = 52
16 = 77, 17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 46
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:32 PM   #10
rfifer

We looked at these trailers at a recent RV show and had a long discussion with the sales reps there. This is a rather new brand that is considered an entry level trailer. We have a Grey Wolf 26 DBH that we used for comparison, and the E - W trailers did not have some of the features that we have in our 26 DBH. The layouts and what came with them as standard equipment were not at all bad. But my curiosity was satisfied on how that brand compared to some of the other lines in the FR family. Truth be told, I was on a mission that day to look at a multitude of trailers to learn why the prices were so variant for models from different manufacturers with similar floor plans and features. I saw quite a bit of difference in the interiors and some basic construction differences - enough to satisfy my curiosity on that particular day. The bottom line - considering our needs and availability to camp at the present time, we are very happy with our 26 DBH, especially since I have been working to add modifications to really make it "ours".
rfifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river