Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2021, 08:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyk101 View Post
Would you believe that's where mine is too? I got word yesterday that mine finally arrived and am scheduled for my PDI next Fri afternoon. I will be headed that way Thur evening and decided to grab a room overnight in Wapakoneta. Bonus is one of my favorite breakfast places, Waffle House,, is just down the road. I didn't feel like doing a 5 hour or so drive to get there, another 2 hours at least at the dealer,, and then another 5 hour+ ride back home while pulling the new trailer all in one day. This should work out nicely.
I also bought mine there. Easily 5k under anyone else. Bummer about the must take finance for a year rule, but worth it.
agpopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 01:12 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by agpopp View Post
I also bought mine there. Easily 5k under anyone else. Bummer about the must take finance for a year rule, but worth it.
I did find a place in Southern Wisconsin that got close to the RVW price and was about $1000 more. It was at one of their other locations much further north but they agreed to transfer it to the site I wanted to see it at. I had to put a $500 deposit down to cover the transport costs but was told it would apply to the purchase or would refund $400 if I decided not to buy. But when I went to go look at it, the salesman at this site told me where on the lot it was and to go out and look at it. He promised to be along in about 15 mins to help with any questions. 30 mins later, no salesman and no battery hooked up to test anything. I went back into the office to talk and found him just browsing away on his desktop. I tried asking some questions and he said I would have to contact the salesman I spoke to on the phone. I was ready to buy but just walked out. I called up the first salesman and asked him what he could do on the price. He gave me the old, I have to talk to the sales manager and get back to you. He did call me back about 20 mins later and dropped about $500 more off the price but I was still salty about the experience and told him I wasn't interested and got a refund back on the deposit. I was out the $100 but I could deal with that. After that, I called up RVW and took it from there. I agree that having the financing part does suck but I too am only planning on the mandatory 12 months of payments and it will be paid.
mikeyk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:13 PM   #23

I pick my camper up tomorrow. Had a scare this afternoon afternoon after having driven 900 miles. I got a call from RVW saying my camper would not be ready to pick up. It was still at the factory. Talked with Amber and she got it straightened out. It’s due to arrive at RVW tonight and be ready at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon. I thought I was going to have to turn around and drive the 900 miles back to Texas.
k1600gtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:24 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1600gtl View Post
I pick my camper up tomorrow. Had a scare this afternoon afternoon after having driven 900 miles. I got a call from RVW saying my camper would not be ready to pick up. It was still at the factory. Talked with Amber and she got it straightened out. It’s due to arrive at RVW tonight and be ready at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon. I thought I was going to have to turn around and drive the 900 miles back to Texas.
I was leary about RV wholesalers up until delivery with the crazy prices they offer, but they really surprised me. Everything went smoothly and they were always easy to deal with. I hope your deal goes well!
Here we are back in November! Click image for larger version

Name:	124968768_2451601588475856_8126202443264714131_n.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	249191
Old 03-08-2021, 08:39 PM   #25
jkoenig24

And just because your unit got a "Special Inspection", you've qualified for an exceptional deal on a bridge they own but are looking to sell. Said bridge is in a PRIME Brooklyn location! Call the factory and speak with Ben Dover for pricing and paperwork transfer.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:41 PM   #26

Don't plan...

Quote:
Don't plan to grab it and run.

Instead, plan to do a thorough 3-4 hour inspection. If ANYTHING is wrong, plan to get a motel and stay overnight while they fix it. And when you come back, make sure it is fixed properly or stay another night. Don't go home until you're completely satisfied. Don't accept the "You can get that fixed locally under warranty." argument. The local dealer will not be in any rush to help you.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 10:11 PM   #27
3boxerss

I actually live about a half hour from RVW.. Next couple days r gonna be nice weather for you! You could actually camp just down the road from RVW at Indian lake state park.. They r open for a few more weeks before they shut down for total asphalt & pads redo..

Previous Campers
2017 FR Wildwood 201 BHXL
2001 Traillite Bantam B19
3boxerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 10:39 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boxerss View Post
I actually live about a half hour from RVW.. Next couple days r gonna be nice weather for you! You could actually camp just down the road from RVW at Indian lake state park.. They r open for a few more weeks before they shut down for total asphalt & pads redo..
I was actually thinking about doing that to make sure everything was correct nd it's probably a good idea but unfortunately I'm a little pressed for time. My wife needs be at work the next day so I need to cut and run after hooked up. I know I'm taking a chance and trusting Forest River and RVW but...
Old 03-09-2021, 08:14 AM   #29

Sorry if I'm being a New York Sceptic. If they pick one each day to review for QC, then that would imply that it takes one day or less to review. Unless they have multiple QC teams. In actuality they probably have one person (when he/she goes on vacation or is sick........beware!). So any QC that takes more than a day, I'd be weary of. It's more like something is missing and they're waiting for it to come in, or someone with a wad of cash walked in and was willing to pay list.

Either way, Good luck! And you do have at least a one year warranty and more on some of the components.
CURT 51180 Echo Bluetooth Brake Controller (Love it!).
2004 Ford F-150 STX 4X4 Tow Package, 273K For Pulling TT in the sand.
SetauketJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:51 AM   #30

Do you recall the name of it as I'm in Illinois just south of Wisconsin.
Quote:
I did find a place in Southern Wisconsin that got close to the RVW price and was about $1000 more. It was at one of their other locations much further north but they agreed to transfer it to the site I wanted to see it at. I had to put a $500 deposit down to cover the transport costs but was told it would apply to the purchase or would refund $400 if I decided not to buy. But when I went to go look at it, the salesman at this site told me where on the lot it was and to go out and look at it. He promised to be along in about 15 mins to help with any questions. 30 mins later, no salesman and no battery hooked up to test anything. I went back into the office to talk and found him just browsing away on his desktop. I tried asking some questions and he said I would have to contact the salesman I spoke to on the phone. I was ready to buy but just walked out. I called up the first salesman and asked him what he could do on the price. He gave me the old, I have to talk to the sales manager and get back to you. He did call me back about 20 mins later and dropped about $500 more off the price but I was still salty about the experience and told him I wasn't interested and got a refund back on the deposit. I was out the $100 but I could deal with that. After that, I called up RVW and took it from there. I agree that having the financing part does suck but I too am only planning on the mandatory 12 months of payments and it will be paid.
hack522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:53 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hack522 View Post
Do you recall the name of it as I'm in Illinois just south of Wisconsin.
Yes, it was Quiet Woods in Janesville. They transported the camper to Janesville from their Fox Valley, WI location.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:02 AM   #32

Quote:
That makes for a long day. I have quite a bit further to go. 1400 miles each way. I’m leaving Sunday for my Tuesday pick up. I coming from the Texas Hill country. I guess the good news is I get to camp two nights in it on my way back.
I did a little over 1000 miles each way to pick up mine. Saved over 6K (and that takes into account the $607.68 for Gas, Tolls, Food and Lodging). See my post about the purchase and trip to Iowa https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ay-213868.html.
CURT 51180 Echo Bluetooth Brake Controller (Love it!).
2004 Ford F-150 STX 4X4 Tow Package, 273K For Pulling TT in the sand.
SetauketJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:22 AM   #33

Thanks for your help. They are only two hours away from me. May reach out to them.
Quote:
Yes, it was Quiet Woods in Janesville. They transported the camper to Janesville from their Fox Valley, WI location.
hack522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 02:16 PM   #34

Congrats!! I have the 260RT and really enjoy it. It works out perfect no matter if its a 2 wheel trip or a 4 wheel trip.
2022 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX2 Sport
atkbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:59 PM   #35

It worked out real well picking it up today. The worked hard at get it ready and had me on my way at 2 pm. My appointment was suppose to be at 3:30. Now I just have to get it ready for my commitment as a camp host at a campground in Taylor Park Colorado. Will have a good summer riding the RZR and bike. I have to be there May 15.
Old 03-09-2021, 10:32 PM   #36

Quote:
It worked out real well picking it up today. The worked hard at get it ready and had me on my way at 2 pm. My appointment was suppose to be at 3:30. Now I just have to get it ready for my commitment as a camp host at a campground in Taylor Park Colorado. Will have a good summer riding the RZR and bike. I have to be there May 15.
Nice! Did you just show up early or did they just have you come in early? I'm looking forward to my turn on Fri
Old 03-10-2021, 06:47 PM   #37

Long story. Wednesday got a message that is was not ready. I had driven 900 miles at that point. By the time I called back they had someone going to pick it up and have it at RVW Wednesday night. My pickup time was moved from 2:30 to 3:30 so they could do their prep work. After leaving my hotel I just went over to wait there. Just before noon they said all the prep work was done and they would be ready for me at 1. They delivered about 8 rigs that morning while I waited. So I would suggest showing up early and you might get lucky. Enjoy your new rig.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:58 PM   #38

Quote:
Long story. Wednesday got a message that is was not ready. I had driven 900 miles at that point. By the time I called back they had someone going to pick it up and have it at RVW Wednesday night. My pickup time was moved from 2:30 to 3:30 so they could do their prep work. After leaving my hotel I just went over to wait there. Just before noon they said all the prep work was done and they would be ready for me at 1. They delivered about 8 rigs that morning while I waited. So I would suggest showing up early and you might get lucky. Enjoy your new rig.
I picked mine up there on a cold November Saturday, they said they had 15 deliveries that day. I asked what a normal summer Saturday is and he told me 40 to 50 deliveries!
Old 03-10-2021, 08:06 PM   #39

Quote:
Well I might as well pop in early then. I can always browse while waiting. Glad to hear it all got worked out.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:07 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by agpopp View Post
I picked mine up there on a cold November Saturday, they said they had 15 deliveries that day. I asked what a normal summer Saturday is and he told me 40 to 50 deliveries!
I knew they did a lot of sales but that's crazy.

Tags
led, wildwood