Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2022, 01:11 PM   #121

I have been reading this thread and wondering what I was going to do with my new 2022 model and low and behold the spare is on a crank up mount under the front of the trailer. There is also enough room in front of the spare and behind the jacks to mount my vinyl fence post/crapper hose storage container that I made for the other trailer and decided I may need it for the new trailer so I removed it. I thought I saw somewhere that there was a place to store the hose on the new ones but apparently thats not true. The under body panels stop near the rear of the under bed storage I think so they could tuck the spare up under .
N8DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 06:40 AM   #122

Wheel Chock

Lets see if this works. Here is my wheel chock . I took this idea a long time ago from a post on the wolf pup toy haulers. I had a couple outriggers welded off the sides and use eye hooks to pull it to the d rings then strap the bike to the HF wheel chock in the front and to the d rings in the rear. This is the new setup with the 260 . I cut the outriggers off and bolted them to the HF chock this time . Looks like its going to work great ! I also purchased a 12x12x30 cabinet to hang over the rear window but the wife thought it stuck out too far so out came the table saw and now it 8 inches deep. I will post a pic when its finished and installed. I also bought some folding table/shelf brackets and made a 14 x 52 inch table for under the big window . If you look close you can just see part of it to the right . Need a place for the coffee pot ! I also made a cheesy (wife doesnt like it) door stop for under the fridge so in the event the bathroom door should open again the door now wont dent the new fridge door that's on order because that's what happened to the one that is on it now. When I take it back for the warranty on the fridge and I think they are also going to replace the counter top in the sink area as someone dropped something and chipped it then filled it with something and sanded it ? I am going to ask about the toilet seat. I sat on it to hang a T/P holder and now its cracked. I lost close to 20 pounds over the winter so this really has me baffled . All 188 lbs cracked the toilet seat ! Talk about cheap stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220425_114559512_HDR.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	272600  
Old 05-04-2022, 08:00 AM   #123

Very nice mod. Looks like it should work well. Set us up with some pics of the under window shelf!
I haven't seen ACLazer on here in a while, but I'd bet he'd like that table too.
agpopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:01 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy S. View Post
Attachment 271701
Just thought you might appreciate this pic of the trailer loaded with the Harley and Spyder.
That's pic is great! I know my wife would never go for it though because we use the bathroom and bed on the road. I could picture her climbing over all that now [emoji38]
Old 05-04-2022, 08:18 AM   #125

You can walk around the bike no problem and the bathroom door opens just fine.

Our main reason for getting the 260 was the added room. I can roll the bike back out of the chock for a 1 or 2 night stay when heading on a trip and get the extra room for a couple chairs without unloading . I loved my Sportsman 18th simply cause it fit everywhere and towed easy . We did 2 nights in GA on the way back from Florida and although I never unloaded the bike it was very tight maneuvering. We also wanted a bed that was easier to get in and out of and a bit bigger bath . I hope this one works ! This is going to be all new going 8 feet longer over all . Our first trip is the 19th-23rd and we are looking forward to testing it out but I will be leaving the bike home. I am curious though as to how the bike will load on the flat and level as my drive goes down hill so even though the bike goes right in I don't have a feel for real loading and unloading. I assume I will have to lift the front with the jack to unload without hitting bottom ? I will be out finishing my overhead cabinet and I will get more pics today . I also didn't mention that I added a piece of wood in the double cabinet to keep stuff from rolling out and I added a shelf in the single cabinet (some have a microwave there and no cabinet) that we can store canned goods on. More pics with that stuff later also .
Old 05-04-2022, 01:03 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by agpopp View Post
That's pic is great! I know my wife would never go for it though because we use the bathroom and bed on the road. I could picture her climbing over all that now [emoji38]

Actually I missed that I guess you were actually replying to the other guy with the harley and the spyder both in the trailer. Ya that looks a bit tight
Old 05-04-2022, 01:18 PM   #127

Ok I got my 12x8x30 inch cabinet finished today . I took a 12x12x30 and ran it thru the table saw and then re installed the back to get a bit shallower cabinet and please the wife. It was her idea for the new cabinet and then the mod to make it shallower. I have also included the pics of the folding table/shelf that I added under the large window .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20220504_115707858.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	272632   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220504_115713881.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	272633   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220504_115850256_HDR.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	296.4 KB
ID:	272634   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220504_115910389.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	272635  
Old 05-04-2022, 01:28 PM   #128

More fun stuff

Ok so here is the last pics for a while. The wife was concerned about stuff on the upper shelf in the other cabinet rolling around and falling on her head when she opened the cabinet. The bottom has a ledge so that's ok . I cut a strip of wood and screwed it to the upper shelf after painting gray to match the cabinets. I also made a shelf for the other cabinet where if you don't have the fancy microwave oven/ convection oven you have a microwave instead of this cabinet. This was designed to hold canned goods on the shelf but allow for my gin and tonic supply in the bottom. Gotta have a plan . The bottom will also house cereal boxes etc. Of course I also added a piece of wood on the new shelf to keep stuff from falling out should it move around.

Have a great afternoon
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20220504_115725852.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	272636   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220504_115745118.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	272637  
Old 05-07-2022, 09:39 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DC View Post
Ok so here is the last pics for a while. The wife was concerned about stuff on the upper shelf in the other cabinet rolling around and falling on her head when she opened the cabinet. The bottom has a ledge so that's ok . I cut a strip of wood and screwed it to the upper shelf after painting gray to match the cabinets. I also made a shelf for the other cabinet where if you don't have the fancy microwave oven/ convection oven you have a microwave instead of this cabinet. This was designed to hold canned goods on the shelf but allow for my gin and tonic supply in the bottom. Gotta have a plan . The bottom will also house cereal boxes etc. Of course I also added a piece of wood on the new shelf to keep stuff from falling out should it move around.

Have a great afternoon
Great mod with shortening the cabinet. If you saw the one I bought it didn't have a lower edge so I just put a bungee inside to hold back anything that's shifts on the trip.
I may use that drop down table idea before summer trips.
Old 05-16-2022, 02:48 PM   #130

Well the latest . I was reading the various threads on the stereo systems F/R has used in these trailers and not actually wiring them for stereo . Seems like they are either too lazy or maybe they are saving millions of dollars wiring them mono . Today I found a way to wire the inside for stereo and ran an extra wire for a ceiling mount sub woofer in the future. Wiring the outside speakers for true stereo is going to be the next challenge and that's gonna take a trip to Menards and a wire mold kit. It cant be done any other way . All the wiring for the stereo goes overhead thru the ceiling and none of it moves so there is no chance of using the existing wires to pull new and extra . As far as the inside speakers that just required a little patience and some time.
Old 05-16-2022, 02:57 PM   #131

Quote:
Well the latest . I was reading the various threads on the stereo systems F/R has used in these trailers and not actually wiring them for stereo . Seems like they are either too lazy or maybe they are saving millions of dollars wiring them mono . Today I found a way to wire the inside for stereo and ran an extra wire for a ceiling mount sub woofer in the future. Wiring the outside speakers for true stereo is going to be the next challenge and that's gonna take a trip to Menards and a wire mold kit. It cant be done any other way . All the wiring for the stereo goes overhead thru the ceiling and none of it moves so there is no chance of using the existing wires to pull new and extra . As far as the inside speakers that just required a little patience and some time.
Share a link?
Old 05-16-2022, 03:10 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by agpopp View Post
Share a link?

I dont remember which link I was reading .

Dave
Old 05-16-2022, 03:16 PM   #133

Ha! Ok, I'll look around.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:00 PM   #134

I found mine wired this way also. I did at least replace factory speakers with some Rockford Fosgates from Amazon.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:01 PM   #135

@N8DC I have a different model but did have the Furrion DV7200 mono stereo. I too wasn't happy having mono sounds especially after paying so much for the camper. I wanted to replace it with a true stereo system. I ended up finding a Furrion DV3300 that is only slightly larger than the DV7200. I wasn't planning on using another Furrion one but couldn't beat the price. It also allowed me to run an HDMI cable between the television and stereo to get better sound because the television speakers are pretty cheap. So I used a rotozip to carefully open the stereo mounting hole to fit the DV3300. But I was in the same boat as you with the outside speaker wiring.

The inside speakers each had their own wiring so that part was easy. I just had to pull those speakers and verify the "+" and "-" were hooked up correctly and one wasnt. Outdoor speakers had a single paired wire running to the first and then wiring from the first to the second. So like you found out, basically only one channel of sound. The speakers are below a side window so obviously couldn't go up. But instead of horizontal, the speaker for first speaker went down. And like you found, at first I couldn't get the speaker wiring to pull out at all. On mine, I discovered that it basically went down and made a "U" up between the next stud and up into the ceiling. I happened to have a USB port on that wall and unscrewed it and found the speaker wiring. After tugging a but I was able to get the wiring going to down lto the speaker oose. It wasn't attached in any way but had a bit of adhesive on it. As far as that wire at the radio, I attached a length of single insulated wire to the end at the radio. I overlapped it a bit (about 5" or so") and wrapped it really tight with electrical tape. I did this because I was going to tug on the wiring I found inside the wall by USB outlet and didn't want the wiring at radio to become lost. I pushed the speaker wiring at radio up into the ceiling with the extra wiring dangling. I began tugging at the wall wiring and at first it didn't move. I tugged a bit more and then pulled back on the wire at the radio. It finally loosened up and was now going back and forth. So it wasn't fastened inside the ceiling at all either. I had picked up some 16ga speaker wiring that I planned on using for outside speaker wires. I overlapped 2 sets to the existing speaker wire secured with electrical tape tightly wrapped and slowly fed that into the ceiling and then would pull from wall opening. I was able to get this to pull all the way across the ceiling to the wall I think but it just wouldn't go any further. I had to pull it back out. I'm guessing that there was a tiny hole at top of wall at ceiling that the existing wire fit through that just wasnt wide enough. I then decided to try just pulling a single set of the new speaker wire through and then use the existing speaker to wire the speakers in stereo. I overlapped a thin wire to existing speaker wire at speaker and pulled the existing speaker wire all the way back out at radio. I overlapped the old wiring and new wiring to that single length of wire and began pulling it through. Even that single new set of 16ga was too thick. So luckily I had some thin 18ga speaker wire left over from a previous project. This time, although extremely snug, I was able to get the old speaker wires and new set of thin 18ga to finally pull through to the speaker. I then attached the new wire to the existing speaker wires for the other speaker. I had cut thee wiring off the first speaker connectors at the beginning of this project so they were already loose. I also had to tug a bit but was able to pull the new wiring through.

So sorry for the long winded post but my main point was that I found the outside speaker wiring wasn't actually attached or secured to anything. A little tugging and pulling and I got it loose from whatever sealant or glue was keeping it from moving. I'll bet you should find that the inside speaker wiring already is individual wiring to each speaker but outside speaker wiring is a single speaker wiring set and second speaker is wired in parallel to first. And it sounds like you are planning on running new wiring in a wire mold kit so if you end up snapping the wiring, it would be no big deal.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:29 PM   #136
Haulin' Toys

Dave,

Any chance of some more details on the folding shelf? I'd love to do something similar in my 260...

73 de AG4RZ

Quote:
Ok I got my 12x8x30 inch cabinet finished today . I took a 12x12x30 and ran it thru the table saw and then re installed the back to get a bit shallower cabinet and please the wife. It was her idea for the new cabinet and then the mod to make it shallower. I have also included the pics of the folding table/shelf that I added under the large window .
iflyos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 01:14 PM   #137

Ok so tell me guys . I have only loaded the Harley Electra Glide in the driveway to set up the wheel chock and look at positioning. My drive is on a pretty good angle and I have the front of the trailer really high to get it level and although of course the ramp door is on less of an angle than it would be on a level surface I didnt have any issues running the bike in and out . Has any one had ramp angle issues on level ground like did you have to raise the front to keep from hitting bottom ? Were leaving for a few days next week and this time we are taking the bike . It will be interesting to see if I notice any difference in towing with the bike loaded and the ramp angle . My little 18ft KZ was really low and so easy to load and unload and it was only 21 overall so maneuverability was most excellent . Whole new ball game with the 260 !
Old 06-13-2022, 02:47 PM   #138

Quote:
Ok so tell me guys . I have only loaded the Harley Electra Glide in the driveway to set up the wheel chock and look at positioning. My drive is on a pretty good angle and I have the front of the trailer really high to get it level and although of course the ramp door is on less of an angle than it would be on a level surface I didnt have any issues running the bike in and out . Has any one had ramp angle issues on level ground like did you have to raise the front to keep from hitting bottom ? Were leaving for a few days next week and this time we are taking the bike . It will be interesting to see if I notice any difference in towing with the bike loaded and the ramp angle . My little 18ft KZ was really low and so easy to load and unload and it was only 21 overall so maneuverability was most excellent . Whole new ball game with the 260 !
Even though I have a 190RT, the ramps doors are that same size. I have a Goldwing trike that sits a bit low and have to be careful when loading it. I think I have about 4-1/2-5" of clearance. Without any aids, I would look for a hill or something raised up to back up to in order to load and unload. Even with raising the tongue to the max, unless I could lessen the angle of the ramp, I would catch the underside at the top of the ramp. The last couple trips, I used severlal Rhino Ramp plastic car ramps underneath the back edge of the ramp. This raised up the ramp about 8" and raising up the tongue jack a bit, I could load and unload. I'm not a fan of raising the tongue jack real high as it seems to put extra pressure on the frame as well as the inside of toyhauler being an extreme angle which can get awkward. This year though, I'm trying something else that I found in a thread here and youtube videos. I found some 7'-10" ramps at Discountramps.com and picked up some 3 ton jackstands from Harbor Freight. I put 3 jackstands under end of ramp under the 3 rubber bumpers. This brings up the end of the ramp to about 17". Then I add the extra ramps. Doing this in my driveway, I easily loaded and unloaded my trike and didn't have to raise the tongue jack at all. In the pic, I have 2 dual ramps but I pulled the pins on one set so I will be using 1 dual and 1 single ramp. The only thing I haven't worked out yet is storing the ramps while traveling. While camping, they will fit under my dual sofa setup. I'm pretty sure that when traveling, I should be able to put one of the sofa cushions bases in between the trike and the wall and fit the folded ramps there.

I picked them up on sale at Discount ramps and needed more that 1 set because of the trike. But for a bike, I don't know if I would recommend these as they are slats and meant for an ATV but they do have several solid ramps that would be wide enough for the bike and be able to put your feet down if needed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20220603-132305_Gallery.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	729.2 KB
ID:	274826   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220603-132323_Gallery.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	908.5 KB
ID:	274827   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220603-132342_Gallery.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	898.7 KB
ID:	274828  
Old 06-13-2022, 02:58 PM   #139

Well I don't want to go there with the ramps. I haul enuff stuff. I am not worried about raising the tongue either. If it breaks in half then . I guess I will find out . 4 1/2 to 5 inches is plenty . The angle doesn't bother me as much as not hitting bottom . Thanks for your input .
Old 06-13-2022, 03:09 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyos View Post
Dave,

Any chance of some more details on the folding shelf? I'd love to do something similar in my 260...

73 de AG4RZ
Geeze I am sorry I missed this. I got the brackets at Menards and I think they are 12 inch then I got a piece of wood and cut it at 14 x what ever the length a bit past the 2x2's came out to . I think . I mounted the brackets to the wall over top of the trim they use to seal the gap. That told me there were 2x2's there .

Hope this helps a bit .

You can always email me .
n8dc-8@comcast.net

Dave

Tags
wildwood