Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2023, 10:30 PM   #1

Inverter prep

I have an inverter and solar setup from my previous trailer which I want to use in my new 22 Impression 280 rl, which says it has inverter prep. All I can see in the front compartment is a rats nest of cables going to and coming from who knows where. Has any one any information on the inverter prep and how to use it. Thanks in advance.
JonathanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 02:28 PM   #2

I was never able to find any info about inverter prep. I did find the wires from the roof top solar pass through.
So far I haven’t installed any solar but I did install an inverter. I put a 2000w renogy in the front compartment. AC power from the inverter goes to an automatic transfer switch behind the wall in the pass through storage. I also used a relay to automatically turn off the converter when on inverter power.
Old 06-29-2023, 09:20 PM   #3

I have a 2018 26RET and it was only "pre-wired" for solar. This meant there was a small plug on the fron and some #12 wire going to the battery. I installed 600 watts on the roof. They run down to the front compartment to a 50 amp MPPT controller. I installed a 2000W GoPower inverter with a built in transfer switch. I located the main 50 amp cable coming to the breaker panel and split it in the mechanical compartment which is behind the pass through. I installed a Progressive Industies surge protector and ran a new 50 amp cable from the inverter to the breaker panel. I also removed the 2 deep cycle batteries and replaced them with 3 100AmpHr lithium batteries. The only hiccup we ran into when we boondocked the first time I assumed the refridgerator was 12V/propane. Its not, it is 120V/Propane and it drained our batteries overnight. I now know to throw the AC breaker and force the unit to go on propane. If we are plugged in somewhere I just turn the breaker back on and the unit works fine. We have gone 7 days without power and without power adjustments. We run the microwave, coffee maker, what ever we want. If we need AC I carry a Honda EU2000 generator and plug that in. The GoPower Inverter has a shared mode where it will use all 15 amps of the AC from the generator and then draw from the batteries to make up any extra power. I did install a soft start on our main AC unit so it will run on just the generator. Im very happy with the setup and the 26RET. I may add one more 200W panel and go from 3 in series at 12V to 2 24V pairs to the solar controller. It can handle the wattage just not the current.
Itsjimbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter