Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2023, 01:45 PM   #1
2022 East to West Entrada

2022 Entrada 2900DS - Radio swap out

Hi folks!

I'm completely new to the RV life. My wife and I took delivery of our slightly used 2022 Entrada 2900DS on Wednesday. Only 9300 miles on it.

The bright interior and access to the bed while travelling was the selling point for us.

The only things that bug me are the rear view camera the radio in it.

The rear view camera is really hard to see anything, left/right cameras are fine. Is there are replacement rear camera that has higher resolution and brightness?

The radio is a Sony single DIN, but looks like it is a double DIN whole. Anyone had any experience swapping this radio w/ a double DIN and their experience in doing so and any recommendations would be appreciated
EMFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 10:25 AM   #2
2023 East to West Entrada

Is this the radio you have in yours? Ours is a 2023 I know that at some point they changed the set-up from having a small screen where the rearview mirror would be to this radio that is then hooked to the cameras. Since the side cameras seem fine is maybe the review lens dirty? It is high up on the camper in the center marker lights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230325_152057644.MP.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	285106  
articcatbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 09:53 AM   #3

No my rearview camera and side cameras are up where the rearview mirror would be on the windshield.

My radio is an 'old school' standard radio, no screen on it at all.
Old 03-27-2023, 11:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMFB View Post
No my rearview camera and side cameras are up where the rearview mirror would be on the windshield.

My radio is an 'old school' standard radio, no screen on it at all.
Gotcha, I knew that they switched over at some point. You can buy a radio like what is in mine, they actually make some pretty nice ones with even a bigger screen that fit in just fine. They use the standard hole in the dash that is there, just the screen extends beyond it. I am sure any good radio installer could make the switch for you and switch the cameras over to your new radio.

All the wiring for the cameras is actually above the drivers side footwell. There is a box that the 3 cameras feed into and then has one feed out to the radio, so just a matter of switching that feed over to the new radio. I wouldn't think it would be hard for someone that has done these before. The better radios are not that pricey either.

Even with our Sony though I have trouble seeing the display when driving for the side view cameras. I always drive with sunglasses on and looking at it the display is a bit dark. So if I were shopping for a new one I would be looking for something with a nice bright display. I hope that helps.
Old 03-27-2023, 11:52 AM   #5

Thanks!!!

Yeah we have a trip to see my parents starting next week in TN, we live in FL.

Then we are heading out to WA to visit our son and his family. So our first RV experience is going to be a big one.

I'm gonna wait on the radio for when we get back, but it's nice to know there are options
Old 03-27-2023, 12:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMFB View Post
Thanks!!!

Yeah we have a trip to see my parents starting next week in TN, we live in FL.

Then we are heading out to WA to visit our son and his family. So our first RV experience is going to be a big one.

I'm gonna wait on the radio for when we get back, but it's nice to know there are options
Nice! Enjoy your cross country trip, sounds like fun.

I was just looking around crutchfield, looks like a lot of nice options that would work great. Travel safe!

Tags
radio