Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2022, 02:47 PM   #1
2023 East to West Entrada

New Entrada 2700NS

I am very excited to join this forum my wife and I just traded in our Starcraft expandable TT for a class C. We purchased an East to West Entrada 2700NS. We have had it out the past 2 weekends and have really enjoyed our new motorhome. It was a great fit for the 2 of us with room for company when they visit. The picture was from this weekends camping trip.

We purchased it from General RV at the Hershey RV show on the last day and picked it up in Elizabeth town on 10/6. After spending 2 days at the show looking this was the best fit for us. We liked the amount of Inside and outside storage and the CCC was reasonable. The light interior style we liked as well. We were trying to stay under 30 feet (29' 11") and wanted a walk around bed. I am happy to find a forum dedicated to East to West Entrada owners.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20221022_182447071.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	767.3 KB
ID:	281247  
articcatbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 10:13 PM   #2
RV Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by articcatbill View Post
I am very excited to join this forum my wife and I just traded in our Starcraft expandable TT for a class C. We purchased an East to West Entrada 2700NS. We have had it out the past 2 weekends and have really enjoyed our new motorhome. It was a great fit for the 2 of us with room for company when they visit. The picture was from this weekends camping trip.

We purchased it from General RV at the Hershey RV show on the last day and picked it up in Elizabeth town on 10/6. After spending 2 days at the show looking this was the best fit for us. We liked the amount of Inside and outside storage and the CCC was reasonable. The light interior style we liked as well. We were trying to stay under 30 feet (29' 11") and wanted a walk around bed. I am happy to find a forum dedicated to East to West Entrada owners.
Hi Bill!

We are looking at this model as well! Love that it doesn't have slides. This will be our first foray into the RV world. We've actually been looking for over 2 years, but we were focusing on Travel Trailers/Fifth Wheels (mainly Jayco/Grand Design), however, the hesitation there was that we would have to spring for a 3/4 ton truck as well as the trailer.

A few weeks ago, we looked at a used 2020 Forest River Sunseeker LE 2550DS here locally, but I think we may look at getting a new unit instead. We initially were looking at all of the variants of that model (Forester, Solera, etc.) and came across the East to West 2600DS. However, I am hesitant with that model on the CCC, which is around 800 lbs, due to the E-350. That's just too small.

However, I came across a related review of the 2700N, which, though also on the E-350 chassis, has no slides, so I've found the CCC to be more in the 1,600 - 1,700 range. That, I find acceptable. At any rate, we hope to take the plunge by mid-year and this model, I think, is the leader in the clubhouse.

Any insights are appreciated!
statgrad96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 04:10 PM   #3

Hi,

I would be glad to answer any questions that you might have. We bought our 2700NS in early October and were only able to get out camping 2xS but we really loved the layout. It was perfect for my wife and I and still had room if we had guests staying with us. We have 4 children.

We went through the same thing and if you are looking at a nice 3/4 ton you are really approaching the price of the 2700NS. We were worried about the CCC capacity as well of the 2600DS, in the end we liked the additional outside storage space that the 2700NS had over any other models we looked at.

As far as CCC the first time we took out our camper I fully loaded it, full tank of water, full gas tank, full tank of propane, all our gear, lots of food for a 4 day trip with family. Portable pellet smoker and 20 lbs of pellets. I stopped at a CAT scale and we were 100lbs under still. So I felt pretty good about that since I would not normally run with a full tank of water that is around 400lbs. The CCC on ours is 1517lbs.

Now I will share an insight with you, I understand that right now East to West is building both the 2600DS and 2700NS on the E450 platform. The issue was there just wasn't enough E350 platforms available from Ford. I do not know the price difference and I haven't seen any out there for sale but I think you could get one on the E450 platform. If I was buying now I would at least check into an E450.

A couple things I liked about the East to West, one is the Adzel in the side walls. That really lessens the chance of delamination which is a serious issue. We liked the interior as well, it seemed like a nice fit for us. It does have the TPO roof over the fiberglass that some others have, but I am comfortable with the TPO roof and fixing and maintaining that roof.

We have had a few minor issues, but everything we have had so far I just fixed myself. We are 2-hours from the dealer and it just easier to take the time to fix it myself than run to a dealer. There are things that come up on all of them so you have to enter with that mindset and just enjoy the camper and let the little things that happen go. All of the major systems have worked great for us thus far, no issues.

So again glad to answer any questions you might have, good luck hunting! I looked for quite some time as well.
Old 01-19-2023, 07:10 PM   #4
RV Newbie

Quote:
Hi,

I would be glad to answer any questions that you might have. We bought our 2700NS in early October and were only able to get out camping 2xS but we really loved the layout. It was perfect for my wife and I and still had room if we had guests staying with us. We have 4 children.

We went through the same thing and if you are looking at a nice 3/4 ton you are really approaching the price of the 2700NS. We were worried about the CCC capacity as well of the 2600DS, in the end we liked the additional outside storage space that the 2700NS had over any other models we looked at.

As far as CCC the first time we took out our camper I fully loaded it, full tank of water, full gas tank, full tank of propane, all our gear, lots of food for a 4 day trip with family. Portable pellet smoker and 20 lbs of pellets. I stopped at a CAT scale and we were 100lbs under still. So I felt pretty good about that since I would not normally run with a full tank of water that is around 400lbs. The CCC on ours is 1517lbs.

Now I will share an insight with you, I understand that right now East to West is building both the 2600DS and 2700NS on the E450 platform. The issue was there just wasn't enough E350 platforms available from Ford. I do not know the price difference and I haven't seen any out there for sale but I think you could get one on the E450 platform. If I was buying now I would at least check into an E450.

A couple things I liked about the East to West, one is the Adzel in the side walls. That really lessens the chance of delamination which is a serious issue. We liked the interior as well, it seemed like a nice fit for us. It does have the TPO roof over the fiberglass that some others have, but I am comfortable with the TPO roof and fixing and maintaining that roof.

We have had a few minor issues, but everything we have had so far I just fixed myself. We are 2-hours from the dealer and it just easier to take the time to fix it myself than run to a dealer. There are things that come up on all of them so you have to enter with that mindset and just enjoy the camper and let the little things that happen go. All of the major systems have worked great for us thus far, no issues.

So again glad to answer any questions you might have, good luck hunting! I looked for quite some time as well.
Thanks Bill! I appreciate any and all input!

Yes, this has been our exact road. We could get this unit for the price of what a new (or even used) 3/4 ton truck would cost.

As to the CCC, I think that most of the 2700N on the E-350 are in the 1,600-1,700 lb range. I think that would be OK. Actually, we have seen some new 2022 models still out there that I think we would be able to get a fairly good deal on. Not too sure of the model year differences as the Entrada brochure on the website is still specific to the 2022 models.
Old 01-19-2023, 07:50 PM   #5

Ours is an early 2023, I know one change they made was to move the microwave below the oven instead of above the oven. Since ours was early it is still above the oven, it is difficult for my wife to reach but she just uses a stool, not a deal breaker.

I also think on the 2022's the back up and side view camera display is on a unit where the rear view mirror is, ours has a Sony stereo upgrade with a bigger display and the cameras view there. An easy upgrade though if you like that better.

I am not sure of other changes from 2022 to 2023, I was looking around tonight and saw a few remaining new 2022's, I agree some of them are priced pretty aggressively.

Haha yeah I was looking at new trucks for awhile and I was like wait I can buy a motorhome for that price.

If you have any other questions about the 2700 don't hesitate to ask.
Old 01-20-2023, 01:13 AM   #6
RV Newbie

Quote:
Ours is an early 2023, I know one change they made was to move the microwave below the oven instead of above the oven. Since ours was early it is still above the oven, it is difficult for my wife to reach but she just uses a stool, not a deal breaker.

I also think on the 2022's the back up and side view camera display is on a unit where the rear view mirror is, ours has a Sony stereo upgrade with a bigger display and the cameras view there. An easy upgrade though if you like that better.

I am not sure of other changes from 2022 to 2023, I was looking around tonight and saw a few remaining new 2022's, I agree some of them are priced pretty aggressively.

Haha yeah I was looking at new trucks for awhile and I was like wait I can buy a motorhome for that price.

If you have any other questions about the 2700 don't hesitate to ask.
One question is if you find you get enough cooling out of the single A/C.

Also, how is the NPS generator?
Old 01-20-2023, 11:35 AM   #7

We have not camped yet when we needed the AC, so I am not sure. The only time we had it running was when we picked it up during the walk through they had it running. So I don't have a good answer for that one.

We have used the NPS generator once while camping, it worked flawlessly, but only had it on for an 1 1/2 hours while the were fixing our power post. It does have a Yamaha engine in it, so I felt good about it as an option. It is not a Yamaha generator but rather has the Yamaha engine in it.

The other day I fired it up to run it on a cold winter day. Took a couple tries to fire up, but really to be expected on a cold day. It did fire up and run fine.

I've heard on forums people complain the early ones were loud, but I really have nothing to compare it with.
Old 01-20-2023, 01:59 PM   #8
RV Newbie

Hi Bill, a question about your Sony stereo upgrade. Does it allow for either Satellite Radio or Apple CarPlay?
Old 01-21-2023, 06:34 PM   #9

I am pretty sure it has Apple car play on it, it has Android Auto that I use, so sure it also has Apple car play.

It says it is satellite ready, but that just means you can buy a satellite receiver and install it, and it will hook into the unit.
Old 02-05-2023, 02:08 PM   #10
RV Newbie

So I did see on the E to W website that they have finally updated the brochures for the 2023 model year. It seems as though a) @articcatbill was correct in that they are indeed moving the 2600 and 2700 to the E-450 chassis, and b) both Apple CarPlay and the LP Quick Connect (both items we would want) now seem to be included.

I think this helps make our decision to wait for a 2023 model vs. trying to work a deal on a 2022 model. I also like that they've moved the convection microwave below the counter.
Old 02-06-2023, 12:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by statgrad96 View Post
So I did see on the E to W website that they have finally updated the brochures for the 2023 model year. It seems as though a) @articcatbill was correct in that they are indeed moving the 2600 and 2700 to the E-450 chassis, and b) both Apple CarPlay and the LP Quick Connect (both items we would want) now seem to be included.

I think this helps make our decision to wait for a 2023 model vs. trying to work a deal on a 2022 model. I also like that they've moved the convection microwave below the counter.
Wow is see the CCC on the 2700NS is 3652 that is sweet. While I am OK with what we got on our E350 that would be nice. Hopefully then as well with the higher CCC might have less rear sag and a bit more rear clearance.

We don't use the convection/microwave a lot, but my wife sure wishes it was below the counter, she really can't reach it. Even with the step stool she carries it is a bit of a reach.