Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2020, 08:27 AM   #1

178BHSKX '21 - New Member ?'s

Hi All!
I am new member, and I'm picking up our TT the week of Thanksgiving as a surprise Christmas gift for my wife. I want to have a few things ready when she gets it, one of which is the television. Does anyone know what size can be mounted on the '21 units? It looks like its on the bathroom wall and would protrude if too large.

Also, anything else you would recommend having set up right away? Do you suggest covering? Thanks all, excited to be a part of the family!
adm5087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:38 PM   #2

We just picked our 2021 fsx 178bhsx last week and are also new here.

We added a battery cut off switch, and a solera slide topper to ours. If yours comes with the mount plates preinstalled for the topper it will only take about 30 mins to install the slide topper. Found it to be very easy to install.
Old 11-07-2020, 11:55 AM   #3

I agree that the slide topper is worth the investment. Any time you stay in a wooded campground, carrying a ladder to clear debris off the slide roof before you close the slide is a pain. Lug wrench to fit the trailer tires....not always the same a your tow vehicle. Propane tank gauge.....running out of gas in the cold is NOT fun (don't ask how I know).
2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5 EB
Karbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:37 AM   #4

We also just bought a 178 bhsk we pick it up next week.I was wondering if you found out what size tv works and what you used to mount if you have done so already.Also do all the 178’s come with the Bluetooth speaker thing?
Bigguy215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:24 AM   #5

Believe it or not, I have been trying to find an answer to that! I got to pick her up this week sometime. I thought I had read somewhere that the speaker is standard now.
Old 12-09-2020, 10:13 AM   #6

178BHSKX '21 - New Member ?'s

We didn’t mount a tv since we barely watch tv when we go places.

Ours came with the BT speakers. I believe I read somewhere that it comes with it. Just can’t remember where.

In other words not much help on your questions...lol
Old 12-13-2020, 09:54 AM   #7

I have a 2020 178BHSKX and the Bluetooth is standard. Forest River decided to take out the built in sound system to reduce costs and labor related to warranty issues.
Kylebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 09:22 PM   #8

After picking her up last week, looks like a 24” tv would be the only one to fit, not worth it for us. We will likely get a slightly larger one and store it every time, bummer
Old 12-13-2020, 09:23 PM   #9

No problem, cheers!
Old 12-14-2020, 10:46 AM   #10
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by adm5087 View Post

Do you suggest covering? Thanks all, excited to be a part of the family!
Covering is a personal choice. Some are adamant it is a good practice, there are others just a adamant that it isn't necessary.
Some things to consider is where is it stored? What is your climate during the times you won't be using it? How often will you use it (covering and uncovering frequently would be a pain)?

If you do decide to cover it, buy a RV cover. Don't use the blue, brown, or gray tarps from the box stores. They don't breath and condensation will freeze the tarp to the trailer and damage the finish.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 12:29 PM   #11

Thank you! We are in SE Pa so we certainly see vast temp changes. For now, its uncovered outside. Ill continue to monitor it and see how it goes. Thank you for your reply!
Old 01-21-2021, 04:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTTravels View Post
We just picked our 2021 fsx 178bhsx last week and are also new here.

We added a battery cut off switch, and a solera slide topper to ours. If yours comes with the mount plates preinstalled for the topper it will only take about 30 mins to install the slide topper. Found it to be very easy to install.
Do you happen to know what model or the exact size of the slide awning you got? We went out this weekend and wish we would have already purchased one. Did everything you need come with it to mount it?
JustinL50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:26 PM   #13

Hi, we’re new members as well. Haven’t received our finish date, but expect to get our Cruise Lite 241qbxl in February/March. Can’t wait to get out there,
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:01 PM   #14

We picked our 178 up last weekend. It’s the 21.5 model with the 12v fridge so we’ll see how that goes. I am trying to figure out what size topper I would need as well since I will be away for 4 weeks and could have it ordered soon. I didn’t think about measuring the slide while I was getting it ready for the cold weather we just had.
Arthur3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 07:21 AM   #15

Another new member. Just picked up our brand new 178BHSKX. Towed it through Atlanta traffic which was not the first adventure I wanted to have in it. Hopefully we will get into the mountains soon. Looking forward to moding it. Already had one "course thread" screw pull out.
TrdLtly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:22 PM   #16

We’ve been on the road for about 2 weeks now. Currently up in Gettysburg Pennsylvania. Headed to New York tomorrow for at least 5 more days before we head home. So far we have only used 1/2 a bottle of propane and only used a really small ceramic heater in the 20 & 30 degree nights we’ve had. I installed the slide topper myself and got it on sale for 309$ with free shipping. We also installed the rack that bolts on the tongue and have our generator and fuel can there. I would recommend something to hold the outside griddle and fridge door in place as ours seems to open pretty easy and I believe it is bending the door latches.
Old 04-05-2021, 06:26 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur3 View Post
We’ve been on the road for about 2 weeks now. Currently up in Gettysburg Pennsylvania. Headed to New York tomorrow for at least 5 more days before we head home. So far we have only used 1/2 a bottle of propane and only used a really small ceramic heater in the 20 & 30 degree nights we’ve had. I installed the slide topper myself and got it on sale for 309$ with free shipping. We also installed the rack that bolts on the tongue and have our generator and fuel can there. I would recommend something to hold the outside griddle and fridge door in place as ours seems to open pretty easy and I believe it is bending the door latches.
Which awning did you get Arthur3? I need to get one soon. (Model and Part #)

I am also looking at some rear bumper ideas. Probably doing to take the box off the back and weld up something a little more practical.
TrdLtly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 04:32 PM   #18

I ordered from camping world and paid a total of 300.71$ It is the 8’ Black Solera Slide topper item# 83222 and provides over 3” of coverage on both ends of the slide. I could send you some photos if you would like to pm me your email?. I don’t see an easy way of posting them here. We bought the Stromberg Carlson CC-255 Trailer Tongue Cargo Carrier for the generator and I also cut some pieces of flat bar to go under the wdh frame brackets. As it had a dent across the top of the frame rail the first time we moved ours but I had also used an Andersen wdh since our husky was on order.
Old 04-16-2021, 11:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur3 View Post

We are new owners of the 178BHSKX and just got back from a week in Arkansas. I too noticed that the griddle doesn't "lock" in place. Have you taken any means to remedy this? Thanks for the other info on the slide topper. We will be adding this as well.
Darron227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:05 AM   #20

Furrion solor plug

Has anyone used the Furrion solar plug? I don't see that it is wired to my battery at all. ???
Darron227 is offline   Reply With Quote