Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2017, 01:04 PM   #1

190 RBXL vs 171RBXL

Was a close choice between these 2 TT's. It came down to personal preference. I chose the 190. Here's why: the storage cabinet behind the dinette as you enter the door and the bathroom size. The 190 is huge, from left to right of the trailer. Yes the 171 had a little more bathroom storage and that small storage outside in the back. Other than that it was a toss up. The DW won with the bathroom.
Here is a cool mod for either:
This is the coolest TV mount I
have found. Under 20 at Wallys.
Mounted to 2 studs and holds
My 30 inch TV perfect between cabinets and bathroom door (largest TV I could fit). That little button in the middle locks and unlocks the TV with ease.
Happy Camping.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171115_093817.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	156463Click image for larger version

Name:	20171115_093746.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	156464Click image for larger version

Name:	20171115_093800.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	156465
Ttramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttramp View Post
Was a close choice between these 2 TT's. It came down to personal preference. I chose the 190. Here's why: the storage cabinet behind the dinette as you enter the door and the bathroom size. The 190 is huge, from left to right of the trailer. Yes the 171 had a little more bathroom storage and that small storage outside in the back. Other than that it was a toss up. The DW won with the bathroom.
Here is a cool mod for either:
This is the coolest TV mount I
have found. Under 20 at Wallys.
Mounted to 2 studs and holds
My 30 inch TV perfect between cabinets and bathroom door (largest TV I could fit). That little button in the middle locks and unlocks the TV with ease.
Happy Camping.
Attachment 156463Attachment 156464Attachment 156465

Name:	20170828_121901.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	156466
With 30" installed. The mount let's the TV slide about 5" each direction. The mount also comes with 2 magnet rubber mounts so the TV doesn't hit the wall (perfect angle for dinette, couch or bed.
Happy Camping.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Attachment 156466
With 30" installed. The mount let's the TV slide about 5" each direction. The mount also comes with 2 magnet rubber mounts so the TV doesn't hit the wall (perfect angle for dinette, couch or bed.
Happy Camping.

Congrats! We had the 171RBXL prior to our 232RBXL, and loved the layout. Perfect couples camper.

The Bathroom on the 172 was what sold us on it, and I can see the 190 offers a nice spacious bathroom as well. A big plus!

I have to agree that both campers offer "a lot" of storage for small units. I like the idea of having the extra storage inside the door. Was a good trade-off for indoor storage relocation, although the smaller rear outdoor storage was nice for those little extras you didn't want to bring indoors. And easy access to the water heater as well.

Once again, Congrats! You will truly enjoy it.
2019 Flagstaff HW29SC ( sold )
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL ( sold )
2014 Ford 150 XLT 5.0 2wd
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 02:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briorick View Post
Congrats! We had the 171RBXL prior to our 232RBXL, and loved the layout. Perfect couples camper.

The Bathroom on the 172 was what sold us on it, and I can see the 190 offers a nice spacious bathroom as well. A big plus! [emoji106]

I have to agree that both campers offer "a lot" of storage for small units. I like the idea of having the extra storage inside the door. Was a good trade-off for indoor storage relocation, although the smaller rear outdoor storage was nice for those little extras you didn't want to bring indoors. And easy access to the water heater as well.

Once again, Congrats! You will truly enjoy it.
Thanks, I started with a 14' box, now 19'. I'll probably catch ya in a few years. P.S. hope you got a double step. That single step on the 171/190 really sucks.
Happy Camping.
Quote:
Attachment 156466
Happy Camping.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Thanks, I started with a 14' box, now 19'. I'll probably catch ya in a few years. P.S. hope you got a double step. That single step on the 171/190 really sucks.
Happy Camping.
This is the single most dis-liked thing mentioned here about the 171RBXL and now your 190RBXL. I'm sure other models share this deficiency as well.

There are other threads here pertaining to the exact argument...."hate having only 1 step". Just as myself ( then ), and a few other 171RBXL owners, we had upgraded to the 2 step. WOW, what a huge difference. Much easier and such a smoother transition in and out.....and the old knees were all the more thankful for it.

Yes, we do have the 2 step......I made sure of that, this time around!
Old 11-16-2017, 06:21 PM   #6

Quote:
This is the single most dis-liked thing mentioned here about the 171RBXL and now your 190RBXL. I'm sure other models share this deficiency as well.

There are other threads here pertaining to the exact argument...."hate having only 1 step". Just as myself ( then ), and a few other 171RBXL owners, we had upgraded to the 2 step. WOW, what a huge difference. Much easier and such a smoother transition in and out.....and the old knees were all the more thankful for it.

I have a 171RBXL and have seen people stating they replaced the single step with a two step. I ordered my 2 step from Etrailer and it wouldn't fit. They even stated they do not have one to fit and I returned it. What did you buy and from where(response as exact as you can please)?
Thanks in advance....
Old 11-16-2017, 06:26 PM   #7

Quote:

We have a 241 QBXL and it has only one step also! I built a two step in a day that looks great and works wonderful. I use that also on my conversion van when I take people with handicapping conditions and they love it. Old knees definitely don't like the one step into the CL units! I never even looked into the buying a two step replacement because I had all the wood for this 2 step. I don't have a pic right now but sometime I'll add it to this thread.
moshe1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDNAVY View Post
I have a 171RBXL and have seen people stating they replaced the single step with a two step. I ordered my 2 step from Etrailer and it wouldn't fit. They even stated they do not have one to fit and I returned it. What did you buy and from where(response as exact as you can please)?
Thanks in advance....

Here is the link to the actual step that I, and also alarge1, another previous 171RBXL forum member, had bought from etrailer to replace our 1 step.
They worked perfectly when we installed them.
I don't know if they are considered TT specific, we just measured our existing step opening and ordered.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-and-Camp.../LC432682.html
Old 11-16-2017, 07:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshe1436 View Post
We have a 241 QBXL and it has only one step also! I built a two step in a day that looks great and works wonderful. I use that also on my conversion van when I take people with handicapping conditions and they love it. Old knees definitely don't like the one step into the CL units! I never even looked into the buying a two step replacement because I had all the wood for this 2 step. I don't have a pic right now but sometime I'll add it to this thread.

That's interesting! When we were in the process of upgrading to a larger TT we looked at the 241's also. The ones we went into had the 2 step. This was a must for us as well, after experiencing the 1 step on the 171. Yea, 1 steps on these units play havoc on the old knees.

Would definitely like to see your pics if you get a chance. Always like to see others mods. I have seen where some people have made some really nice wooden entry platforms.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Here is the link to the actual step that I, and also alarge1, another previous 171RBXL forum member, had bought from etrailer to replace our 1 step.
I don't know if they are considered TT specific, we just measured our existing step opening and ordered.

Did you have to "do anything" to make them fit, since they seem to wide to go inside the bracket on the trailer? Sorry to be persistant but it is frustrating trying to get this solved.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Did you have to "do anything" to make them fit, since they seem to wide to go inside the bracket on the trailer? Sorry to be persistant but it is frustrating trying to get this solved.

When I went to install the new steps they were about 1/4" wider than the originals. After figuring it out, I knew it was going to take a little persuasion to meet the bolt holes. A couple good whacks and it lined up. It was a snug fit, and yes the step bracket flared out just a hair, but came back in when it was bolted together. Once you get 1 side started, the other will fit into place. I admit, they do get heavy after awhile. Best having a helper, if all possible.

Yes, I have to agree with you. It is a little frustrating that they don't measure up "perfectly", but they worked perfectly.

This is how the install went for at least 3 of us on here when replacing our steps. Best of luck to you.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:14 PM   #12

I had the dealership change from the one step to the two step on my 171RBXL at the DW's advice before we pulled it home. Really makes a difference. Four short trips with my new toy and I love it!
oldjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:47 PM   #13

Revamped steps

Quote:
That's interesting! When we were in the process of upgrading to a larger TT we looked at the 241's also. The ones we went into had the 2 step. This was a must for us as well, after experiencing the 1 step on the 171. Yea, 1 steps on these units play havoc on the old knees.

Would definitely like to see your pics if you get a chance. Always like to see others mods. I have seen where some people have made some really nice wooden entry platforms.
I tried to post some pics of the step I built but I don't think it went through. So I'm going to try it again. Hope it works.

Mo
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3338.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	554.0 KB
ID:	156691   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3340.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	509.0 KB
ID:	156692  
Old 11-20-2017, 10:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshe1436 View Post
I tried to post some pics of the step I built but I don't think it went through. So I'm going to try it again. Hope it works.

Mo

Thanks for the pictures. Those are some "very impressive" steps.
Excellent job!
I like how you have the added extra depth to the bottom step for better footing stability.

Hmm......I'll have to keep this little wood work project in mind. Never know when it could come in handy. And it looks as if it can be easily stowed in the TT for traveling too.

Thanks again.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:47 PM   #15

Quote:

Received and installed these today, with your recommendation. Needed another set of hands so the wife helped. After some manipulation, they installed great!
Thanks for your and others help on this.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:11 PM   #16

Excellent! 👍👍👍. Congrats to you and your wonderful Assistant. That double step sure makes a world of difference, and so much easier on those old knees. Enjoy!!!
Old 11-23-2017, 09:26 AM   #17

X-chocks

Quote:
Received and installed these today, with your recommendation. Needed another set of hands so the wife helped. After some manipulation, they installed great!
Thanks for your and others help on this.
Once you get them set at the right distance you only have to close them slightly to remove them and then they’re much easier to install after that. You don’t have to close them completely unless you need to do it for storage purposes. Happy Thanksgiving!

Mo