Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #1

2005 Salem LE 22ft

Looking into purchasing a 2005 Salem LE that's 22ft. I have tried to look for information online but unable to find anything. I'm trying to find out the weight and if there are any problems areas I should look for when checking out this trailer. Any information on this trailer would be wonderful. Thank you
Lmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #2

If it has slides, check to make sure they never leaked and damaged the floor.
As with any used RV, check the floor all over for signs of softness, especially by the door.
Check under all of the counters and cabinets, and in the storage areas, for water damage.
Look at the tires to make sure they are wearing evenly. Any odd wear patterns might indicate axle problems.
Get up on the roof and check all of the caulked seams. If there is any spot that looks like it could have leaked, run away, run away fast!
And, of course, make sure all of the appliances work.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #3

Thanks for replying and for the tips. It does not have slides. Does anyone know the weight of this trailer, or here I can find the specs. Thank you.
Lmck is offline   Reply With Quote