Old 09-25-2020, 03:37 PM   #1

Post 2011 Salem Grand Villa 408FLFB Manual wanted

Two years ago we purchased a 2011 Salem Grand Villa 408FLFB for full time living. I have been struggling with repairs when a park-mate told me that newer models either had CDs or thumb drives for their manuals so that they are now in electronic format.

So I have a few questions:

1. is there any truth to that? When I see many newer RVs advertised I can see the owners manual cases.

2. Did Forest River ever do that?

3. If so, does anyone have the data for my model that they are willing to upload to me?

4. If not, does anyone know of a link to Forest River when I can download the manuals?

Thanks in advance.
GWRiderNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:51 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWRiderNW View Post
Two years ago we purchased a 2011 Salem Grand Villa 408FLFB for full time living. I have been struggling with repairs when a park-mate told me that newer models either had CDs or thumb drives for their manuals so that they are now in electronic format.

So I have a few questions:

1. is there any truth to that? When I see many newer RVs advertised I can see the owners manual cases.

2. Did Forest River ever do that?

3. If so, does anyone have the data for my model that they are willing to upload to me?

4. If not, does anyone know of a link to Forest River when I can download the manuals?

Thanks in advance.
There are virtually NO model-specific nor brand-specific owners manuals, in the RV Industry.
Only a generic one with basic RV systems information.
Unless you are completely new to RVs, it's not worth printing it.
It's recommended, for buyers of used RVs, to get the make and model number of all the things you need manuals for. Then go to the manufacturer's website and download the manuals.
Things like fridge, a/c, converter, oven, furnace, microwave and so on
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:08 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered as you can see.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
There are virtually NO model-specific nor brand-specific owners manuals, in the RV Industry.
Only a generic one with basic RV systems information.
Unless you are completely new to RVs, it's not worth printing it.
It's recommended, for buyers of used RVs, to get the make and model number of all the things you need manuals for. Then go to the manufacturer's website and download the manuals.
Things like fridge, a/c, converter, oven, furnace, microwave and so on
Thanks, the manufacturer's website was the first place I went. There is no mention of them even making my model

And what I started to want to see was wiring diagram but thought why not get everything related to the rig. I was just looking to keep them in electronic form. Paper weighs too much in an RV.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:31 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWRiderNW View Post
Thanks, the manufacturer's website was the first place I went. There is no mention of them even making my model

And what I started to want to see was wiring diagram but thought why not get everything related to the rig. I was just looking to keep them in electronic form. Paper weighs too much in an RV.
Rarely is a wiring diagram available since the workers run the wiring as they see fit.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:02 PM   #6
Tundra 2014

Manuals

Unlike autos, each piece of the RV should have a manual from the manufacture of that axel, appliance, A/C etc. FR buys in large quantities of appliances, when they run out of one, they put a different brand in. Look at your specific applaince model and serial # and look it up by Manufacturer. Mine came w/ a folder that is 1 1/2 inches thick. I keep my folder in an out of the way cabinet. As far as a wiring diagram, each assembler may do it slightly different.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:29 AM   #7

Thanks for all the replies. Helped me understand more.

I guess I misspoke about wiring diagram. I was not looking at how the wires were run but where to expect to find the inverter and a general idea of how it was wired. I know where the fuse box is and where the battery is, but without tearing apart things, I was hoping for a general layout.

I see all the nice neat cases with manuals in them, was just hoping there was the same out there for my rig.

Tags
2011, manual, salem