Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2020, 03:37 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 3
Post 2011 Salem Grand Villa 408FLFB Manual wanted

Two years ago we purchased a 2011 Salem Grand Villa 408FLFB for full time living. I have been struggling with repairs when a park-mate told me that newer models either had CDs or thumb drives for their manuals so that they are now in electronic format.

So I have a few questions:

1. is there any truth to that? When I see many newer RVs advertised I can see the owners manual cases.

2. Did Forest River ever do that?

3. If so, does anyone have the data for my model that they are willing to upload to me?

4. If not, does anyone know of a link to Forest River when I can download the manuals?

Thanks in advance.
GWRiderNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:51 PM   #2
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 23,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWRiderNW View Post
Two years ago we purchased a 2011 Salem Grand Villa 408FLFB for full time living. I have been struggling with repairs when a park-mate told me that newer models either had CDs or thumb drives for their manuals so that they are now in electronic format.

So I have a few questions:

1. is there any truth to that? When I see many newer RVs advertised I can see the owners manual cases.

2. Did Forest River ever do that?

3. If so, does anyone have the data for my model that they are willing to upload to me?

4. If not, does anyone know of a link to Forest River when I can download the manuals?

Thanks in advance.
There are virtually NO model-specific nor brand-specific owners manuals, in the RV Industry.
Only a generic one with basic RV systems information.
Unless you are completely new to RVs, it's not worth printing it.
It's recommended, for buyers of used RVs, to get the make and model number of all the things you need manuals for. Then go to the manufacturer's website and download the manuals.
Things like fridge, a/c, converter, oven, furnace, microwave and so on
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:08 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
SeaDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Idaho
Posts: 7,668
Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered as you can see.
__________________
Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab) 10/04 - 05/20
2017 RAM 2500 CC 4X4 Cummins Diesel
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:19 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
There are virtually NO model-specific nor brand-specific owners manuals, in the RV Industry.
Only a generic one with basic RV systems information.
Unless you are completely new to RVs, it's not worth printing it.
It's recommended, for buyers of used RVs, to get the make and model number of all the things you need manuals for. Then go to the manufacturer's website and download the manuals.
Things like fridge, a/c, converter, oven, furnace, microwave and so on
Thanks, the manufacturer's website was the first place I went. There is no mention of them even making my model

And what I started to want to see was wiring diagram but thought why not get everything related to the rig. I was just looking to keep them in electronic form. Paper weighs too much in an RV.
GWRiderNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:31 PM   #5
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 23,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWRiderNW View Post
Thanks, the manufacturer's website was the first place I went. There is no mention of them even making my model

And what I started to want to see was wiring diagram but thought why not get everything related to the rig. I was just looking to keep them in electronic form. Paper weighs too much in an RV.
Rarely is a wiring diagram available since the workers run the wiring as they see fit.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:02 PM   #6
Tundra 2014
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 899
Manuals

Unlike autos, each piece of the RV should have a manual from the manufacture of that axel, appliance, A/C etc. FR buys in large quantities of appliances, when they run out of one, they put a different brand in. Look at your specific applaince model and serial # and look it up by Manufacturer. Mine came w/ a folder that is 1 1/2 inches thick. I keep my folder in an out of the way cabinet. As far as a wiring diagram, each assembler may do it slightly different.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:29 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 3
Thanks for all the replies. Helped me understand more.

I guess I misspoke about wiring diagram. I was not looking at how the wires were run but where to expect to find the inverter and a general idea of how it was wired. I know where the fuse box is and where the battery is, but without tearing apart things, I was hoping for a general layout.

I see all the nice neat cases with manuals in them, was just hoping there was the same out there for my rig.
GWRiderNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2011, manual, salem

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.