Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #1

2012 Salem 32 BHDS Outdoor Kitchen issue

Our outdoor kitchen door is swollen and waterlogged. This was an issue last year as well, but far worse this year, the door wont even open all the way due to being so heavy. This is a 2012 model. I am concerned with mold developing and want to replace this door asap. My dealer indicated last season (beginning of year 2)that it was not a warranty issue. Clearly the water is getting in the top somehow because the door is swollen mostly at the top. The inside of the kitchen area is not affected at all, just the door. I am in Canada. Can I order this door myself?? Should it be a warranty issue? I know lots of campers who have an outdoor kitchen option, and none of them have had an issue like this, but their doors seem to be made out of the same material as the trailer doors, where this outdoor kitchen seems like fiberboard or something. Please help! There's no way we can get through the season with it like this!
mommytomaddieraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:46 PM   #2

this has been a problem with other units I have a 2015 I bought in july 2014 and have already had the door replaced and the dealer said it would probably mess up again so I think forest river needs to do something
reharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:51 PM   #3

thank you! how do i determine a part number tho and who do i contact, because my dealer is not being very helpful. I would have to replace it myself as my trailer is in a park and I do not own a truck.
mommytomaddieraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:25 PM   #4

I don't know about a part number it took 6 or 7 weeks to get mine changed. I talked to a wayne bigler about how long it was taking he seemed willing to help. I got on forest rivers web site and put the brand in to get contact info so that would be a start
reharrison is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, door, salem