Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #1

2014 Salem 26TBUD...opinions??

Hello everyone!

We are looking to rejoin the FR family, as well as the benefits of an excellent, local FR dealer. If anyone has opinions on the 26TBUD, please share. We looked at the 27TBUD as well...benefits to both models, I guess. All comments on either model are appreciated....thanks!!!!
herd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #2

I just bought a 14 dbud, 2 trips under my belt :-). We were looking at both models it came down to a few things we liked better about the dbud, the l shaped kitchen seemed to have more counter space, the double bunk on the bottom allowed us 2 take some adults with us instead of adults sleeping in the small bunks or breaking down the couch or table beds. This double bunk also gives you a real storage compartment under the bed that is on struts and lifts up instead of using the lower bunk for storage. We like the lav sink outside the door so someone could be brushing their teeth and the bathroom still open. The bath is a little smaller on ours but even me being a big guy... I can manage changing clothes exc in there. Different strokes for different folks, we only have 2 kids, 8 and 11 so the dbud won out for us. Hope this helps, you won't go wrong either way, great price for the features on the camper.
Kdz300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
Site Team

If your dealer has both units on the lot try to spend some time in each one and going to steps that you will need to do. It might help determine how each unit would fit into your style. Kdz300 pointed out some items that were key factors in their decision. Being an RV owner before you are likely to know that some things don't come to light until the first day or night of actually using it.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #4

We just bought a 2013 27TBUD a month ago and we've been out 2 times/5 nights and we love it. We picked this one because we liked the sink outside of the bathroom so you had more space than the cramped bathroom. Either way they are both nice trailers.
Zrukman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrukman View Post
We just bought a 2013 27TBUD a month ago and we've been out 2 times/5 nights and we love it. We picked this one because we liked the sink outside of the bathroom so you had more space than the cramped bathroom. Either way they are both nice trailers.
Don't you mean a dbud? ;-)
Old 07-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #6

Thanks for the replies. We like a lot of things about our Dutchmen, but Dutchmen customer service and the local dealer both left something to be desired. We were former Surveyor owners at the local FR dealer (different dealer), and are anxious to cross back over to FR. Anyways (I could talk all day about my adventures with D-men), we really liked these two trailers the best from what what was on the lot. I have mixed emotions about going back to aluminum, though. I prefer the 27DBUD, because I like the bigger bunk and bigger kitchen counter. My wife prefers the 26TBUD, because she hates the small "bathroom" sink area of the 27DBUD (and NO storage area for cosmetics, etc..)

We shall see...I'm trying not to be too hasty and rush into an emotional purchase, but you have no idea what all we've been through. So, for now, I guess I will weigh the idea of starting over again with FR and cutting ties all together with D-men vs. losing some $$. Take care!
herd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #7

I'm dyslexic.
Zrukman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrukman View Post
I'm dyslexic.
:-) me too.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by herd fan View Post
Thanks for the replies. We like a lot of things about our Dutchmen, but Dutchmen customer service and the local dealer both left something to be desired. We were former Surveyor owners at the local FR dealer (different dealer), and are anxious to cross back over to FR. Anyways (I could talk all day about my adventures with D-men), we really liked these two trailers the best from what what was on the lot. I have mixed emotions about going back to aluminum, though. I prefer the 27DBUD, because I like the bigger bunk and bigger kitchen counter. My wife prefers the 26TBUD, because she hates the small "bathroom" sink area of the 27DBUD (and NO storage area for cosmetics, etc..)

We shall see...I'm trying not to be too hasty and rush into an emotional purchase, but you have no idea what all we've been through. So, for now, I guess I will weigh the idea of starting over again with FR and cutting ties all together with D-men vs. losing some $$. Take care!
You have the medicine cabinet and under the sink. Does the tbud have a drawer or something? Just curious,