Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2021, 10:51 PM   #1

2019 forest river salem fsx 207bh

Hi, I am new to this forum... looking forward to learning a few things. I am considering a used 2019 FOREST RIVER SALEM FSX 207BH model.

A few questions: The floor plan shows two windows up front near the bed. The pictures show only one. Any explanation other than the drawing is wrong?

Is the cross ventilation acceptable without two windows up front?

We really like the storage area below the bunk. Our hope is to carry 2 or more bicycles up there. Has anyone used that area for this and has it worked out well? I looks like it would be perfect.

Any other things we should know about this model? Any other recommendations for other models would be great. No larger or heavier than this model. Would prefer a sink in the bathroom... but we may have to give up something.

Thank you,
Tim
HappyCamper59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:05 AM   #2
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Hello and welcome.
It appears the drawing is wrong, the pictures of the actual unit tell the true window placement.
As for cross ventilation, our unit has 2 windows in the bedroom and we still need a small fan to get adequate ventilation. We purchased a small plastic 4" electric clip on fan that we use to help the cross ventilation. It's a good, inexpensive, and quiet option.
As for the bicycle storage, it might be tricky to put bicycles through the outside hatch, does the bunk (from the inside) lift up to provide access to the storage area? during travel, you could just put them inside and bungee cord them in place. May be easier.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 03:12 PM   #3

Bike Door

Thank you for the response! I have not been able to actually determine how much room I would have for bikes. Nothing gives sizes for bike door opening or the storage space. I need to find one and physically see it. (This has been a challenge).

I am open to the idea of using a bungee cord to hold down the bikes... but since they call it a "Bike" door... I need to first check that out.

We have already made camping reservations... so hoping we can find one :-)

Thanks again!
Old 01-09-2021, 11:10 AM   #4
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Hmmm
I've looked on multiple sites at specs and floor plans for the 207BH and can't find anywhere the mention of a "bike door". Just the cargo area with 41 cu ft of storage. Which personally doesn't sound like a whole lot of room to store bikes in. On our unit, I doubt we'd be able to put a bike in without taking off the tires and messing around with the handle bars.

A bike carrier on the back bumper may be a better option.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
Old 01-09-2021, 02:31 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxcamper View Post

A bike carrier on the back bumper may be a better option.
If it has an ultralight frame, doing this may void the frame warranty. Many ultralights have stickers stating this.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 06:09 PM   #6
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

New 207BH picture off of RV Trader. Looks like it can support not only the spare tire but also a rear cargo deck. So put bikes on the cargo deck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5f8f1276eeb703393c109f36.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	245724  
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
Old 01-09-2021, 11:52 PM   #7

I'lll have to read the fine print...but the dealer also said the bumper is where most people put the bike rack. We are now looking at the Cherokee Wolf Pup 16BHS. This has a cargo door as well. The lower bunk folds up to create a storage space that looks like it should work well for the bikes. We have not found one yet to physically see... so working on that. Thanks for all of the input.

Tags
forest river, salem