Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2020, 04:51 PM   #1

2021 Forest River Salem 26DBUD Slideout

Just purchased the camper in the thread title. We got it home and were messing with it, and extended the slideout and it worked fine. Brought it back in fine too, but when we went to extend it back out nothing. Battery is fine, and the camper is plugged in right now too. I checked the fuses under the battery and they look fine, and I took the panel off to make sure the connection on the switch was fine as well and it was. Is there another fuse somewhere I'm not aware of that I need to look for? Or any other ideas? Thanks in advance!
Jeff_Aclin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 05:38 PM   #2
Site Team

What slideout system does it have? Schwintek, Lippert...?
You should have paperwork for it.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 05:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
What slideout system does it have? Schwintek, Lippert...?
You should have paperwork for it.
its a Lippert serial# 1972689
Old 07-21-2020, 06:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Aclin View Post
its a Lippert serial# 1972689
According to the Lippert documentation 90% of the time the issue is a grounding problem. My Camper was delivered from Ohio to Arkansas so maybe in transit a grounding wire was loosened and when I extended it and retracted it back it caused a bad ground connection. My electrician is coming over tomorrow to run a dedicated 30 amp connection outside my house so I'll have him investigate. I'll report back with his findings.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Aclin View Post
According to the Lippert documentation 90% of the time the issue is a grounding problem. My Camper was delivered from Ohio to Arkansas so maybe in transit a grounding wire was loosened and when I extended it and retracted it back it caused a bad ground connection. My electrician is coming over tomorrow to run a dedicated 30 amp connection outside my house so I'll have him investigate. I'll report back with his findings.
It ended up being a fuse. Theres a 30 amp fuse at the bottom of the breaker/fuse box under the fridge. The light showing its blown only comes on when you push the slide button so if youre having a similar problem you either need a helper to push the switch while you check, or just pull it out and look at it. The other issue is I put another new 30 amp fuse in, and it blew it immediately. So I put a 35 in and it works fine. Hopefully the extra power doesnt hurt the motor.

Tags
forest river, salem, slide