Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2020, 08:59 PM   #1

2021 Hemisphere 25RBHL on order

We pulled the trigger on a Salem Hemisphere Hyper-Lyte 25RBHL and we should take delivery in October if all goes well. We sold our 2003 Arctic Fox 29V TT and cant wait to get the shiny new trailer. The Arctic Fox was a bit much for my 2007 Toyota Tundra. She pulled okay but the new lighter trailer will a little less of a white knuckle experience I hope. Does anyone have any reviews to share of the 2019 or 2020 models? We bought this trailer on the internet from a dealer in Arizona and they are delivering it to our home in San Diego for free and throwing in a Equalizer WDH. We will go to AZ when the trailer is delivered to the dealer to sign papers and inspect the trailer. We also upgraded to a 40" TV and added a roof ladder and a second battery. Can't wait to go camping again!
Pbbobkanobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:53 AM   #2

We went to a 26 BHHL Hyper-Lyte this summer and really like it. The only big change we found was the floor is noticeably cooler than our previous trailer, but in Arizona, I doubt you'd notice it. Check where the factory made cut-outs for penetrations and make sure they are sealed up prior to delivery. We missed one from when we picked it up, behind the power convertor that I got done when I pulled the convertor to install a surge protector.

TT: 2020 26' Hemisphere 26BHHL
TV: 2020 GMC 2500HD 4x4
glen1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 12:15 AM   #3

Congratulations on your new rig and welcome to the forum!
Old 10-09-2020, 05:55 PM   #4

Update on our new trailer: It was completed by the factory today...I hope it turned out okay since I have always heard you don't want to buy a car built on a Friday. We will drive to Arizona in about two weeks to inspect it and sign papers. The dealer has agreed to deliver it to us here in California a few days later. Are there any things I need to look out for while inspecting it? We already have a few trips planned for the next couple months. Getting excited about this project.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbbobkanobi View Post
The dealer has agreed to deliver it to us here in California a few days later. Are there any things I need to look out for while inspecting it? We already have a few trips planned for the next couple months. Getting excited about this project.
Just make certain that everything works and you're satisfied with the trailer BEFORE you sign any papers.
Congratulations on your new rig. Nothing like a new shiny rig to take camping.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:31 AM   #6

I have a 2020, which is probably just a end of year built 2019, but hey it’s still a 2020 right? Haha.

Anyways, look under the big slide out when it is all the way out to see if you can see any gaps into the carpeted area. Or if there is a rubber seal that is installed along the length of the slide.

We had a gap, that you could clearly see through to under the carpet, and no seal like we saw on some smaller units.

Problem with the gap is it’s there all the time slide in or out and when you drive through a big puddle, the underside of the carpet gets wet. As for the seal, that was mainly to make me feel better as I could see some tiny slivers of light on the corners if I looked under the carpet from the inside, and I wanted to be sure to keep insects out.

Dealer fixed both issues and we love the unit. Also if your antenna doesn’t work, pull the tv and check where the booster is mounted. If they used long screws one may dig into the cable line that leads to the antenna on the bottom and short it out.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:40 PM   #7

Our trailer is almost ready for delivery about 12 weeks after we ordered it. Considering the Covid situation I cant complain. We are planning on doing the inspection next week and have our first and second camping trip booked already. I have seen very few owner reviews of this model so hopefully I can do a few reviews for future buyers. Fingers crossed we picked a good model and it was built by American workers who care. Stay tuned.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:45 PM   #8

What make and model?
httntheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 09:46 PM   #9

Sorry just looked back.congrats
httntheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 11:30 PM   #10

So far so good kind of.

We just got back from our first shake out trip and it was a success for the most part. We went from our home in San Diego 115 miles away to Seely, CA to the Rio Bend RV and Golf resort. It was a breeze driving there considering we went from 300 above sea level to above 4000 feet above then back down to 40 feet below sea level with 6% grades in both directions. We had to stay an one more day because of strong winds in the mountains by I was happy to have an extra day enjoying the new trailer. We did notice a few things that need to be fixed but nothing that would make me not by this trailer again if I had the choice. My question is since we bought the trailer 500 miles from our house do I try to fix this stuff myself or take it to the local Forest River dealer 10 miles away and hope they are nice?

Issue 1: Both sliding barn doors have screws that came out of the track and the backing board on the bathroom slider is loose from the ceiling so the door would have to be removed and the backing support re-screwed to the roof structure. Ii could do it but it 's under warranty right?

Issue 2: The 40" Jensen TV has two bad pixels. The dealer we bought it from said to send some pictures and Forest River would send us a new TV. Stay tuned...

Issue 3: The theater seats are bolted down too close to the roll up shade curtain and windows dressings so when you fully recline and then try to bring the seats up to a full vertical position the back off the chairs hits the blinds and windows dressing unless you go slow and lean forward. We ripped a screw out of the ceiling that held in the window dressing doing this. Again, I could fix it but...

Issue 4: The window blind behind the theater seating will not roll all the way up after colliding with the theater seats now. It stops at about 5" from the top and you can only roll it all the way up by hand. I am hoping this is just an adjustment.

Issue 5: One window blind in the bedroom had a pretty good sized pinhole in the fabric. We didn't catch this because we inspected the trailer in the shade.

Issue 6: After using the entry door lock a few times the small metal sliding slot cover for the upper door lock is now stuck closed and I cannot get the key to go in. I tried a little WD-40 but no luck.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:29 AM   #11

I would bring it back to the dealer you bought from if you could. I wonder if the screws that backed out did so because there isn’t enough of something for them to bite into?

As for the key thing, I’d probably force it open with a screwdriver myself and have them replace it later so I could lock the door.

If the original dealer is cool, they might be able to send you replacement stuff so you could fix it yourself. Most seem like minor issues. I’ve heard that dealers you don’t buy from aren’t very interested in your warranty work, but you never know, so guess it’s worth a shot.

Tags
hemisphere