Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2022, 07:46 PM   #1

2021 Salem cruise lite 263 bhxl slide out digging into the floor

I purchased my 2021 salem cruise lite 263bhxl brand new used it three times and the slide out dug into the floor one day when we were loading for a trip. 10 months later of it sitting in general rv in Ocala we have some light on the matter. They have just added a reinforced beam under the slide with a roller in the center of the slide to avoid it from digging in.complete dropo ring had to be replaced and so did some trims. I hope this helps I can post pictures of the before and throughout the process for anyone who is looking for help.
Yoandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 07:27 AM   #2

Any issues since? We are committed to an original owner 2021 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 263BHXL that looks to be in great condition. We love the camper and will take a closer look and discuss it with the owner before we complete the purchase. The original owner did purchase an extended warranty.

After reading through some posts here and joining a Salem Cruise Lite 263BHXL Facebook page, we are concerned about the slide. Were all of the slides defective on these models? Please share your thoughts-positive and negative. Thanks!
frAUzen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 12:18 PM   #3

Long story short after the floor vinyl was replaced and slide was removed ,adjusted and somewhat correct the long term solution was slide toppers. Plastic pieces that you set on the floor before bringing in the slide. In my case the slide sits about 1/2 from the floor and during travel if I don’t place the slide toppers it would ultimately damage the floor. In all conclusion the trailer has been great. I love it but if you can find a different slide mechanism I would recommend that route. Good luck
Yoandry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021, floor, lite, salem, slide, slide out