Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2020, 03:36 PM   #1

240bhxl cruise lite

We are looking at a Salem 240bhxl. I was wondering if anybody had any opinions or things to watch for on this model. We are coming from a hybrid so this would be a step up.
Thanks
Lonnie
uno676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:31 AM   #2
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

I don't have an opinion on the specific model, but you will like the convenience of just opening the door and walking in (especially in the rain, at night!).
We moved from backpacking, to tent camping, to pop up, to TT.
Enjoy
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:54 AM   #3

Thanks I use to tent camp then we got a pop up next a hybrid now moving to a full on hard side. Since I made this post we have decided on a little smaller camper we decided to stay under 25ft. + hitch. So maybe a micro lite BH or something like that.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:56 PM   #4

We don’t have that model, we have the 273qbxl. We have had it for four camping seasons and the family has loved it. It’s similar to the model you’re looking at but has a bunkhouse in the back. We have not had any issues with our cruise lite. The only warranty issue we had was the board on the hot water heater. Easy fix though.

We are about to upgrade to a fifth wheel but I would recommend our cruise lite experience to anyone. Good luck and I hope you love it!

2016 Ram 3500 Diesel DRW Limited
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 273QBXL
Jasdow77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:52 PM   #5

Hello, the wife and I have the 230bhxl and enjoy it. We stepped down from a 32 foot coachman.
This one is way easier to tow and haven’t yet been told we were to long to stay in any park. It took some getting used to not having a separate bedroom, my wife misses it I don’t.
( I’m a very early morning person and she’s not)

We’ve had it 3 years and have roughly 90 long weekends in it with zero issues other than a cabinet door I can’t get adjusted right.

If you have any questions on the specifics let me know I’ll help you any way I can.
Jason Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 09:17 PM   #6

I have the smaller 201bhxl and have had no issues. Did a bunch of simple mods and keep up on routine stuff. My only complaint is the lack of window in the door, I cant stand that. Ill put one in when $$ and time allow.
Kmack319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:06 PM   #7

We have a 240BHXL, but the Wildwood X-lite version which I gather is the same as the Salem. Picked it up in May when I found out my company will continue to be remote working until January.

Love the separate room for the master bed and second door for bathroom that serves as a mud room. Daughter uses the top bunk as a play room and sleeps on the bottom bunk.

No real issues with the TT other than how to get the bottom bunk to cool off faster in the evening before bed time.
haleme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite