RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-07-2020, 11:25 PM   #1

36FL Question

Hello all!
My husband and I just ordered a Hemisphere 36FL for delivery in January. The 5 we were able to tour was already sold so we didn't want to spend too much time inside. I totally forgot I had wanted to measure the size of the tri-fold sofa when it was folded out to a bed. Does anyone know the size? Also, do the “beds” need a memory foam mattress (or anything else) or are they comfortable on their own?

Thanks much! Janice
BroncoLvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoLvrs View Post
Hello all!
My husband and I just ordered a Hemisphere 36FL for delivery in January. The 5 we were able to tour was already sold so we didn't want to spend too much time inside. I totally forgot I had wanted to measure the size of the tri-fold sofa when it was folded out to a bed. Does anyone know the size? Also, do the “beds” need a memory foam mattress (or anything else) or are they comfortable on their own?

Thanks much! Janice
We have a 2020 we got in Feb. The two couches fold out to somewhere between a double and queen. They claim queen, and it is closer to queen than not. You can open both of them and there is about 8 inches between them. Enough room to walk sideways between them. We bought a topper as the fold outs are pretty firm.
Also, the mattress that came with ours felt like a cardboard box. It weighs about 15 or 20 pounds and is hard as a rock. Go ahead and start searching for a replacement just in case.
An off the shelf king mattress is a little larger (not a whole lot) than the RV mattress. I went to Home Depot and got two sheets of ply wood and cut them to provide support under the edges that hang off the platform. We don’t use the under the bed storage because with two closets and the “attic” beside the bed (basically over the half bath) we feel like there is plenty of storage. We didn’t make it so we can’t get under the bed, it’s just quite a shore now with the standard mattress.
We love the unit, so much space and the kids sleep in the living room and have their own bath. Outside kitchen is great.
J
Hope you get as much happiness with yours as we are!
Mikeytheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:11 AM   #3

J,
Thanks again! I woke up at 4:30 this morning thinking about the outlets in the living room...are there any? Janice
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
Old 10-18-2020, 08:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoLvrs View Post
J,

Thanks again! I woke up at 4:30 this morning thinking about the outlets in the living room...are there any? Janice

There’s outlets on the TV wall but none anywhere else. I have a 2021 we purchased in March.
Vibe323FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibe323FL View Post
There’s outlets on the TV wall but none anywhere else. I have a 2021 we purchased in March.
Thank you!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
Old 10-19-2020, 07:34 PM   #6

Just picked ours up Saturday. There are more outlets in the living room next to the recliners in the corner. Also, in master bedroom the outlets for the side of the bed closest to the bathroom are under the side of the matress. We camped Saturday and Sunday night, it rained the whole time so we got very aquainted with our camper and absolutely love it except for the rock hard mattress. We were suppose to have a pillow top with the VIP package. We are working with forest river to have this resolved.
Hisluci is offline   Reply With Quote