Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2017, 03:03 PM   #1

Antenna on my 31 Salem KQBTS

Does the antenna raise up? Ive seen some salems with the antenna higher than my antenna. Let me know if it can or it stays right on the roof?
Livnlrg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:11 AM   #2

Do you have a crank handle on the roof anywhere? If so then it can be raised up and probably rotated the get the best signal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	antenna crank.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	143357
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:38 AM   #3

Antenna on my 31 Salem KQBTS

Don't have that in the camper. That's what I thought would be there. I have a button that says boost on it but it doesn't do anything different that normal antenna
Old 07-02-2017, 11:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnlrg1 View Post
Does the antenna raise up? Ive seen some salems with the antenna higher than my antenna. Let me know if it can or it stays right on the roof?
Is your antenna round like a frisbie, and sit about 12" off the roof ? If it looks like that, it's a omnidirectional antenna and doesn't raise or lower and the button activates the signal "Booster" to help receive weaker signals.
There is also newer antenna that raise and instead of a crank handle, it's more like a large knob on the ceiling, directly below the antenna on the roof.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 04:55 PM   #5

No it has a wing coming out either side and sits like a foot off of the roof. Never had any luck getting reception with it.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:30 PM   #6

Quote:
No it has a wing coming out either side and sits like a foot off of the roof. Never had any luck getting reception with it.
As they say "A picture is worth a thousand words." If you could get a pic, that would tell a lot.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:01 AM   #7

Quote:

Sounds like the antenna on my CruiseLite. It doesn't move. Not sure what TV you have but after I bought my Samsung, I tried searching myself for the channels and found that I need to do the automatic channel search at each new location. After that, it worked fine.

2021 Nights Camped: 29 (so far)
2020 Nights Camped: 18
2019 Nights Camped: 18
MartiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:51 PM   #8

MartiB
I've tried everything just get bad reception when on antenna. Thanks for the info though.

Tags
antenna, salem