Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2020, 12:18 AM   #1

Any suggestions on how to buy?

I'm looking for a Hemisphere 22RBHL and there doesn't appear to be many out there. I've looked on web sites such as RV Trader and gone through Forest River's web site list of authorized dealers. Some dealers, as one might expect, assure me they don't have the Forest River product that I'm asking about, but have better alternatives. Needless to say, I'm still looking for a 22RBHL.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other ways to track inventory down?

And a second question, possibly as another approach, what is the best way to get the exact unit that I want, ie. taking some specific options and not others? Are dealers normally happy to place orders with the factory at a customers request?
CustomBuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:41 AM   #2
Site Team

Sure dealers will be happy to place a custom order. They'll make more money on it.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 09:28 AM   #3

Ian.....Don't forget to check Wildwood Heritage Glen models. They market the 22RBHL as well. It's the difference between a Pontiac and a Chevrolet. Saw half dozen or so in Iowa, California and Nevada. Don't know where you are looking but there are a few around. Cliff
2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5 EB
Karbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 04:16 AM   #4
Fin

Check with Jeff Couch RV Nation. If he doesn't have what you want in stock then you can order it.

https://www.couchsrvnation.com/
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:43 PM   #5

Any suggestions on how to buy?

We just bought the Wildwood version of the 22rbhl from http://RVWholesalers.com. We custom ordered ours, since we couldn’t find what we wanted in stock anywhere. Took about 10 weeks.
2012 Surveyor SV-305
cupprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:25 PM   #6

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupprof View Post
We just bought the Wildwood version of the 22rbhl from http://RVWholesalers.com. We custom ordered ours, since we couldn’t find what we wanted in stock anywhere. Took about 10 weeks.
Thanks for the link, I'll certainly check them out too.

Hopefully tomorrow I will get a chance to actually see a 22RBHL and if it's like I think it should be, it will be time to do some number crunching.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:31 AM   #7
PhD, Common Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin View Post
Check with Jeff Couch RV Nation. If he doesn't have what you want in stock then you can order it.

https://www.couchsrvnation.com/
Great place to buy. Best prices we could find on our r-pod. We’d buy from them again in a heartbeat.

However, make sure everything is right before leaving the lot. Service after the sale stinks.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 12:36 PM   #8

Couch's pricing does seem to be very good.

To get questions answered though I have been finding directly talking with Forest River gets the job done. Simply excellent service from the factory so far.
Old 09-05-2020, 07:07 AM   #9

You can also check with Fun ‘n Sun RV in Ludington Michigan. It might be a hike but when we picked our trailer up, I believe they had at least one 22rbhl in stock.

They have other locations as well, but apparently can only sell Salem units from that location.
Old 09-10-2020, 01:19 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Tpc} View Post
You can also check with Fun ‘n Sun RV in Ludington Michigan. It might be a hike but when we picked our trailer up, I believe they had at least one 22rbhl in stock.

They have other locations as well, but apparently can only sell Salem units from that location.
Thanks for the suggestion.

It seems strange within the RV industry that dealers have so many restrictions. I recently talked with one dealer who said they can supply any Wildwood product excluding the ultra light trailers such as 22RBHL.