Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2021, 09:38 AM   #1

Black Tank Question

Ya I know, who even wants to open these threads up, right? I have a Salem Hemisphere 25 rbhl.

When I was cleaning everything for the last time before storage, I recall using the wand in the toilet for good measure. But in my minds eye, I feel like the wand didn't go as far in as I expected it to. I didn't spend a lot of time dwelling on it, because we never had any problems with the unit all year.

I just can't help wondering if the tank could be in backwards, if that is even a thing? I don't know exactly how the tanks are made or placed but I thought they were like a wedge shape with the large end being under the toilet and the small end where the valve comes out, but maybe I am wrong?

Or maybe these are as deep as I think them to be? I know the sister model is a heritage glen or maybe a wildwood...something like that, if anyone has one of those..
{Tpc} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:02 AM   #2

I have a wildwood with a 30 Gal black tank made by alpha systems. The model number on the tank is literally the tank dimensions which makes it easy... 23528HL = 23"x52"x8". So its just a rectangular box only 8" deep. I believe it is tapered slightly, but only enough to encourage draining to the driver side where it is probably the deepest and the drainage ports are installed.

If you have the same brand tank, its easy to decode and if not, google will help.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:14 AM   #3
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

It could have elbows and be offset from the toilet. Our 282RK has a fairly straight drop into the tank.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:38 AM   #4
Site Team

This will give you an idea of what a generic tank looks like. It is angled and deeper on one end vs. the other but it's only a matter of 2 inches. Not sure how noticeable it would be when using a wand sprayer that you'd be able to tell which end is which.

https://www.recpro.com/50-gallon-rv-...xoCMKYQAvD_BwE
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:02 AM   #5

Ok thank you. It appears after looking at the generic ones, that the shallow end is under the toilet (possibly anyways), and the deep end has the port on it which I would guess connect to more pipe to stick out from underneath the coach and connect the gray to it as well.

I guess it makes better sense visually on the screen. If it was reversed it would have to flow uphill or the whole tank would need to be on a angle.

At shallow end depths of 8-12 inches or less in some cases, the wand might not go in too far.
{Tpc} is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, tank