RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-24-2020, 11:56 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsare1 View Post
I was told the frame mounted are resettable? Of course, no idea of type and size of fuses so until I see them, no way to prepare. The useless owners manual is truly offensive.
Post #6 by Bama Rambler should give you a pretty good idea about the resettable fuse.
I would bring an assortment of blade fuses just in case. You should carry the harder to find 30 or 40 amp fuse with you.
Good luck!
Old 10-24-2020, 09:24 PM   #22

Doing exactly what the last 2 posts suggested tomorrow. I'll update when I find the issue or solution.
Jagsare1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 03:15 PM   #23

Got all the way out there and left the keys at home. The keys are on the ring for the truck that tows it and I didn't take that truck. I am able to say the battery is fully charged and there are no breakers on the tongue frame of the trailer. I have to go back out Tuesday.....and I won't forget the keys this time.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:50 PM   #24

Follow the positive cable from the battery under the coroplast (that covers bottom of trailer). My resettable fuse is just under the coroplast mounted to the frame tubing.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:16 PM   #25

There was a square metal junction box but I didn't have a screwdriver to open the lid. Surely there are not 2 breakers in that box. I'll check again for wiring Tuesday.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:41 AM   #26
Head Rambler

There could be two 12 volt breakers in that junction box. You never know where they decided to put them.

If it was the junction box for the umbilical cord connections then you're probably right.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:43 AM   #27

And that is the problem. Apparently, no one knows where they actually are located and I shouldn't have to be a detective to find them.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:10 PM   #28
Head Rambler

Unfortunately being a detective and all around repair tech is part of owning an RV.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:49 PM   #29

Went back out to the camper today. The issue is exactly what I suspected. Simple blown fuse. Replaced and slide works. The stupidity is that I am 10 lbs from physcially not being able to push myself through the opening to get to the fuse panel with the slide closed. Pretty sure a Forest River engineer.....strike that.....a Forest River person(because no one should be called an engineer and be this dumb) said lets put the fuse panel in a place that is not accessible if a fuse blows. Truly stupid.

Next, each fuse is marked with some un-recognizable scribble that cannot be read so no idea what each fuse is for. I started at the top and was going to check all and it turns out that the top was for the slide. I mean, come on. You took the time to mark each fuse with scribble. Couldn't someone have made an attempt to make that scribble legible? Or maybe since you are part of a billion dollar company, little stickers/labels for each fuse location. Just silly.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:23 AM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Went back out to the camper today. The issue is exactly what I suspected. Simple blown fuse. Replaced and slide works. The stupidity is that I am 10 lbs from physcially not being able to push myself through the opening to get to the fuse panel with the slide closed. Pretty sure a Forest River engineer.....strike that.....a Forest River person(because no one should be called an engineer and be this dumb) said lets put the fuse panel in a place that is not accessible if a fuse blows. Truly stupid.

Next, each fuse is marked with some un-recognizable scribble that cannot be read so no idea what each fuse is for. I started at the top and was going to check all and it turns out that the top was for the slide. I mean, come on. You took the time to mark each fuse with scribble. Couldn't someone have made an attempt to make that scribble legible? Or maybe since you are part of a billion dollar company, little stickers/labels for each fuse location. Just silly.
I got you beat. The "designers" of my TT decided to put the power distribution panel AND the Schwintek slideout controller in a spot blocked by the retracted slideout. So when i blew a fuse while working on the tv antenna panel, unknown to me it also had the slideout power on the same fuse. Needless to say, i couldn't get to the panel to replace the fuse.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 03:16 AM   #31

Quote:

Hey now that "un-recognizable scribble" might be German,some of the Amish use Old Ways! Youroo!!
Old 10-28-2020, 12:16 PM   #32

Quote:

Glad you found it.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 02:55 PM   #33

Quote:

It appears that fr feels that little stickers would drive the price of their products too high and people would purchase other brands.

Same reason they continue to use crap furniture and have no quality control. Their quality control is " Will it roll and does it have a tongue?"

We have had saw dust coming out from under the bathroom wall now for 1.5 yr. After each trip down the road we have to clean it up.

Hey fr, you ever hear of a vacuum?

campers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:47 PM   #34

I've owned boats for 30+ years and there is a lot to complain about them. I have hung upside down in the engine room to fix something more times than I want to remember. But I always look at the silly things manufacturers do. Unforced errors. Those silly stickers are literally fractions of pennies and could be used across many brands and models. Instead, someone scribbles something so I can come here and complain.

I will say that I am amazed at how cheap this thing is. Plastic sink, dirty with sawdust, metal shavings, etc. It just seems just a tiny bit of extra effort would really go a long way. All said and done, I am sure we will enjoy it.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:29 AM   #35

Quote:
I've owned boats for 30+ years and there is a lot to complain about them. I have hung upside down in the engine room to fix something more times than I want to remember. But I always look at the silly things manufacturers do. Unforced errors. Those silly stickers are literally fractions of pennies and could be used across many brands and models. Instead, someone scribbles something so I can come here and complain.

I will say that I am amazed at how cheap this thing is. Plastic sink, dirty with sawdust, metal shavings, etc. It just seems just a tiny bit of extra effort would really go a long way. All said and done, I am sure we will enjoy it.

Yes that is the point. Even with all the complaining I do I still enjoy when we get to use the unit. I don't know if you have the same type counter top in your unit but you should look very closely at it. My counter top in the bath and the kitchen are nothing more than pressed cardboard with a very very very thin layer of decorative paper on the top. Be sure to wipe off any and all water after each use or it will penetrate at the edge of the sink and any other place it can. It will swell and get very nasty very quickly.

Happy camping and enjoy!
Old 10-29-2020, 11:34 AM   #36

I haven't identified the mystery material they use for countertops but your description sounds right. I see some things that look like "pimples" with tiny holes in them. I am sure that is a place where water could enter and since you brought that up, I am going to really take a look and see if that is a possibility. I could fill with clear nail polish to seal them if I have to.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:42 AM   #37

Quote:
I haven't identified the mystery material they use for countertops but your description sounds right. I see some things that look like "pimples" with tiny holes in them. I am sure that is a place where water could enter and since you brought that up, I am going to really take a look and see if that is a possibility. I could fill with clear nail polish to seal them if I have to.

Sounds like a good idea. Not knowing what the true makeup of countertop is, I wonder if nail polish might do more harm than good. How about a smear of clear silicon caulk, a light smear, LOL

Or maybe try the polish in some inconspicuous place like along the side of the stove. My stove is next to the fridge and there is only about 3 inches between and if it did something back there it would be hard to see and less noticeable. Just a thought.

Old 10-30-2020, 07:10 AM   #38

Slide Out

I had the same thing happen to a new camper. Slide out worked at home and when I got to my sight after a little bit of a rough road it would not open. Was able to hand crank out. After a day I looked underneath and found that the ground wire to the slide out motor had come off. Easy fix.
kdraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:48 AM   #39

I had the same problem with my hybrid. Check for an inline fuse. Mine was on a line that was under the trailer coming from the slide. I think it was a 20A fuse.
Joeski3570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 01:18 PM   #40

Quote:

I suspect the reason they donít put stickers on is because they would likely install them on the wrong fuses/breaker anyway. My outside electrical outlets didnít work on my Vibe then I found the bathroom outlet would not work and would not reset. They had wired it backwards! You would think something as important as a GFCI outlet would be tested but not by the manufacturer or the dealer! I worked for years in the Quality dept at a heavy equipment manufacturer and if we put out the same quality as seen in my FR Vibe I would have been looking elsewhere for work real quick.
My other pet peeve are the openings for wiring and tubing. Our trailer looks like they spread peanut butter on spots on the panelling and let rats chew through them.
Kennan345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem, slide